Gransnet forums

Technology

Choosing a new smart TV

(37 Posts)
DorisD Wed 02-Mar-22 17:42:53

We are looking to buy a new smart TV and have looked at various makes. There seems to be little difference between them. What make have you got and are you happy with it? I need to make my mind up!

JGreenwood Wed 26-Oct-22 14:58:29

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Soozikinzi Wed 26-Oct-22 15:07:38

Our Hitachi is brilliant but I wouldn't recommend Bush the picture isn't as sharp.

FannyCornforth Wed 26-Oct-22 15:08:50

Reported 14.58

Doodledog Wed 26-Oct-22 19:19:33

We’ve had an LG for ages now - at least ten years - and it has been excellent. They seem to have recently dropped the ITV hub, which is annoying, but we can get it on the fire stick. A friend has a Sony, and it dropped so many apps that it’s barely smart.

I would get another LG happily, but would always have a stick (Amazon, NOW or Roku) as it seems that they can all stop supporting the catch-up apps apparently on a whim. I think that is quite shoddy, as most people will take the apps into account when choosing a model.

karmalady Sat 12-Nov-22 12:29:56

I gave my very reliable samsung to dd and bought myself a sony. I would never get another sony, it is fine to look at but constantly turns itself on. I have to switch it off at the wall every time I leave the room.

I would buy another samsung if I ever had the chance

25Avalon Sat 12-Nov-22 12:38:01

We have a Ferguson. They are actually made in the UK.

Charleygirl5 Sat 12-Nov-22 13:22:13

I have an LG but it is beyond me. It keeps wanting to be updated and when it decided I could survive with 2 channels +Freeview I had to get some help. When it is working I love it and the picture for me is perfect but I almost need a techie fellow living here with me.

The handset is not easy, just squiggles which are meaningless to the likes of me.

MerylStreep Sat 12-Nov-22 13:32:23

I think Doris might have bought her tv by now. She poster in March.

Norah Sat 12-Nov-22 13:44:26

We have a Sony.

Either the TV or the people living here are un-smart.

We typically listen (rather than watch) telly news, picture doesn't matter to us, but it seems good when I catch a look.

crazyH Sat 12-Nov-22 16:43:01

LG here - no problems at all

HowVeryDareYou Sun 13-Nov-22 09:10:26

We've just bought a 50inch Sharp smart tv. We had an LG plasma one before, which apparently uses 395 watts, as opposed to this new tv which uses 95.