Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Mutton As Lamb

(107 Posts)
HeavenLeigh Wed 19-Oct-22 11:01:57

I really dislike that saying!im interested in hearing others opinions, for instance which items of Clothing would you love to wear but you consider them too young, I’m mid sixties but draw the line at mini skirts, very low tops showing cleavage, but wear faux leather trousers etc,

M0nica Sat 22-Oct-22 19:16:26

Sorry, Sarah, but no,no,no from me. I find animal prints on older women are very aging.

Iam64 Sat 22-Oct-22 20:28:20

I find animal prints on any age group rather unpleasant

Sara1954 Sat 22-Oct-22 21:44:32

I haven’t massively changed my style over the years, a bit hippyish, long dresses and skirts, pretty tops.
My winter style for work is ankle length straight skirts, and big soft jumpers.
I’m probably a bit old for some of the floaty dresses I’m so fond of, but who cares.

M0nica Sat 22-Oct-22 22:54:28

less so now than it used to be, but at one point I cam to the conclusion that most women wore whatever suited them in their 40s for the rest of their lives, and by looking at an older woman and identifying the decade, her taste in dress ceased evolving enabled me to make a good estimation of her age.

But as I said, that is no longer as true as it was.

SparklyGrandma Fri 28-Oct-22 12:33:12

MFor me dressing no no’s are;

Too short dresses or skirts.
No cleavage.
No animal prints.
No too short shorts.
No big checks.
No to not wearing a bra.

A clean groomed look is what I prefer, but every woman to her own. Luckily here we can wear what we choose. I expect we all look lovely when dressed for anything ☕️

Allsorts Sun 30-Oct-22 07:54:12

I think anything goes these days, I regularly see very large ladies in skin tight leggings and skimpy tops, they are owning their truth apparently as my grandson says. I personally like to look nicely turned out, no ripped jeans, bare midriffs, mine has gone anyway, no plunging tops although my cleavage still good to make up for the rest of me. No high heels, I love them but I would break my neck. I like fashion but perhaps a watered down version. I will never look 30 or 40 again but I can try to look ok for my age, not many people notice now I think, although a neighbour did say the other day, I love your coat but then you always look good, it made my day. The coat was 20'years old.