Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

New fashion women's jeans.

(182 Posts)
Lillian40 Thu 30-Dec-21 16:24:22

At last wider leg jeans, lets be honest, how many older women look good in tight or narrow leg jeans.. Even some younger women would do themselves a favour and not show of the huge hips' and unshapely legs. We cant all look like models. I have walked behind bandy legs, bowie legs, spindle legs and fat legs. Not a pretty sight. How much more feminine we will all look in the wider leg jeans. The problem is where do you purchase them, they are promoted but in which store.???

Allsorts Tue 04-Jan-22 07:50:42

Love slim leg jeans.

Lucca Tue 04-Jan-22 08:04:16

MissAdventure

Well, if we all said exactly what we were thinking all the time, I dread to think what would happen.
That comes under the "please or offend, straight talking" label, and we all know what a pain in the arse those people are..

But thinking and saying are different. I would never ever say anything unkind to someone about their appearance but I am honest enough to admit that I might think it.

I too dislike the “I speak as I find, me” attitude which is usually shorthand for “I’m bloody rude”

Hetty58 Tue 04-Jan-22 09:03:35

Lucca, yes, exactly 'thinking and saying' - totally different. Nobody here has been directly 'rude' to anyone else about their appearance.

I simply don't believe that people think kind thoughts, though, when presented with some of the sights we see - and OMG don't we see them? Impossible to ignore, too!

I doubt that anyone sets out to look ridiculous, so can only assume that many simply have no idea what they really look like - very odd.

Doodledog Tue 04-Jan-22 09:37:02

I, too, hope you’re ok, if you’re still reading this, Lillian.

It can get very ‘Mean Girls’ on here sometimes, but not everyone wanders the Internet judging one another.

If you haven’t done so already, I would just stop reading this thread - it’s highly unlikely that anyone will add something that hasn’t been said, so if you’re already beating yourself up for what amounts to an ill-judged comment, hearing more bandwagon-jumping comments won’t give you more sticks to do it with. I’m sure you are already well aware of where you went wrong, and it will burn itself out when all the self-righteous have had their dig. Chin up.

nadateturbe Tue 04-Jan-22 10:32:03

Lillian40 Have sent you a pm.

humbertplug Mon 07-Nov-22 12:38:28

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.