Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Spring 2024 fashion.

(51 Posts)
Joseann Thu 25-Jan-24 14:23:12

Denim and khaki are apparently back in, in a big way. And jumpsuits too. Aren't we all going to look like workmen in overalls?
I had a jumpsuit, 30 years ago, but I don't think I could get it off in time to reach the toilet nowadays!

BigBertha1 Thu 25-Jan-24 14:33:14

A boiler suit in these heels?

Millie22 Thu 25-Jan-24 14:54:59

I bought a jumpsuit last year but once I'd struggled to do the zip up I couldn't get out of it again! so I cut off the top and made a nice pair of loose cropped trousers.

I like denim but not very keen on khaki. Bit too muddy green for me.

J52 Thu 25-Jan-24 15:14:26

Well no shopping for me 🙁. I’ve got a version of all those things already!
By the time you reach a certain age very little in the shops that I haven’t seen or worn before. A lot of which, I’ve still got.

Casdon Thu 25-Jan-24 15:43:28

I wore a khaki waxed jacket and jeans to do my shopping today. I’m obviously ahead of the trend. Jumpsuits have been around for ages, I like smart ones, but I don’t think I’d wear one in denim, or in khaki, a bit too much.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 25-Jan-24 16:30:04

Denim jeans is as near as I’ll get to the latest trends then. And I have plenty already.

Gwyllt Thu 25-Jan-24 17:49:21

Denim is back in fashion. Never knew it was out of fashion
Still wear my jeans whatever ‼️

Cagsy Sun 28-Jan-24 12:36:18

You made me laugh Joseann, I totally agree with you. I wear jeans, or jeggins actually, all the time, got them in many colours including denim and khaki. I have a beautiful all in one I guess you could call a jump suit my DH bought me for my 40th birthday party, 2 months later I discovered I was pregnant and it’s never fitted me since. I’m 72 now and I still look at it amazed I was ever slim enough for it!

VerbenaGirl Sun 28-Jan-24 12:54:25

Went into H&M with my younger daughter yesterday. So much denim, and no other colour apart from black, white, beige and brown. I have just bought a really nice jumpsuit from Turtledove though. Could resist the soft fabric and flattering drape. I always look a bit undone in trousers with tops.

lizzypopbottle Sun 28-Jan-24 13:20:12

Quite apart from the time it takes to get a jumpsuit far enough off to use the loo, there's the issue of being almost completely naked (brrrr!) And your outfit rubbing around on the floor. OK at home if you don't live with several men but a public toilet... 😷

NotSpaghetti Sun 28-Jan-24 13:23:18

There are always several things going on at once:

www.vogue.co.uk/article/spring-summer-2024-fashion-trends

AlisonKF Sun 28-Jan-24 13:44:24

I, too, had a jumpsuit made by me, about forty years ago. Now, apart from getting out of one fast in the loo, I can no longer do up a back zip unaided. Are there any other ways of getting In and out of one? I am slim enough still, not to look too ridiculous. I need sleeves.

HillyN Sun 28-Jan-24 14:12:34

In my twenties, when jumpsuits (we called them catsuits then) were the fashion first time round, I made myself one for a special business dinner. It was navy with white top stitching, a white belt and a zip up the front and looked really smart.
During the evening I went to the loo. When I tried to do the zip up it had broken and there was no way I could do it back up. Another kind lady saw my plight and gave me a few safety pins she had, but I had to keep my jacket on and buttoned up for the rest of the evening in order to be decent! blush I would never wear one again.

shysal Sun 28-Jan-24 14:15:27

Denim and stripes have been my every day 'uniform' for years. Nice to know that I am now on trend! smile

Gwenisgreat Sun 28-Jan-24 14:44:49

Comfort is my fashion nowadays, whether it khaki or denim I don't care!

Welshy Sun 28-Jan-24 15:50:28

shysal

Denim and stripes have been my every day 'uniform' for years. Nice to know that I am now on trend! smile

I was also in H&M, New Look etc yesterday and their were loads of stripes there. Your on trend!

sunbar Sun 28-Jan-24 15:58:58

No thank you. I look at what's trending and then I stay away from it and make my own...

Stella14 Sun 28-Jan-24 16:00:38

I love jumpsuits. I have several (but maybe not in denim). I think we/I look really pulled together in a jumpsuit and it’s so easy. This us one of mine when I was on holiday 🙂

JaneJudge Sun 28-Jan-24 16:05:34

It’s very utilitarian

JaneJudge Sun 28-Jan-24 16:06:12

Uoh look lovely Stella

Welshy Sun 28-Jan-24 16:10:05

shysal

Why can't you edit your post after you have sent. Spelling mistake ahhhh .
I was also in H&M, New Look etc yesterday and there were loads of stripes there. Your on trend!

Stella14 Sun 28-Jan-24 16:10:25

NotSpaghetti

There are always several things going on at once:

www.vogue.co.uk/article/spring-summer-2024-fashion-trends

Thanks for the link, really interesting (I love fashion). I don’t have the legs for short shorts or transparent skirts, but I love a lot of it. I like wearing white, I could definitely embrace large rose prints, I prefer my trousers to be high rise, I like gold and a lots of the 90s stuff they show would also work for me. I make my own clothes these days and love selecting the right fabric for the right pattern 👌

Stella14 Sun 28-Jan-24 16:11:16

Thanks you @JaneJudge 🙂

Stella14 Sun 28-Jan-24 16:14:51

AlisonKF

I, too, had a jumpsuit made by me, about forty years ago. Now, apart from getting out of one fast in the loo, I can no longer do up a back zip unaided. Are there any other ways of getting In and out of one? I am slim enough still, not to look too ridiculous. I need sleeves.

They don’t all have Zips up the back of course. These days, lots of them are made in a stretch fabric and can just be pulled on and off. My green one (pictured) has a side zip. With a back zip I struggled to reach, I’d attach a very thin piece of ribbon to the zip, that is long enough for me to catch hold of and pull on!

Ziplok Sun 28-Jan-24 21:13:10

I don’t think denim has ever gone out of fashion.
Jeans anyone? Denim jacket anyone? Perhaps even a denim dress? 😁😁😅