Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Most hideous jeans ever?

(55 Posts)
Witzend Wed 13-Dec-23 11:13:07

Front page of today’s Times 2 supplement.

The fashion editor seems to like them!
Seems to me that the manufacturers have been scrabbling about for anything to induce us to think ‘Ooh, new! So must (spend more money) buy some!’

Personally I wouldn’t be seen dead.

SueDonim Wed 13-Dec-23 11:16:28

I’ve seen those called horseshoe jeans. A strong gust of wind and you’d take off like a parachute! 😂

Theexwife Wed 13-Dec-23 11:25:14

They are aimed at a younger market and seem popular, I have seen quite a few being worn. I wouldn’t as I am too old for them.

RosiesMaw Wed 13-Dec-23 11:34:42

Designed for what we used to call “bandy legs” !

annsixty Wed 13-Dec-23 11:38:14

Would you wear them?
No.

Casdon Wed 13-Dec-23 11:39:12

I’ve been a fashion victim in my time, I’m sure lots of us have - remember two tone loons in the seventies - mine were maroon at the top and dusky pink below the knee, and had a circumference at the bottom of 28”. In retrospect, hideous.

OldFrill Wed 13-Dec-23 12:54:23

Casdon

I’ve been a fashion victim in my time, I’m sure lots of us have - remember two tone loons in the seventies - mine were maroon at the top and dusky pink below the knee, and had a circumference at the bottom of 28”. In retrospect, hideous.

I wore mine with a smock nightdress from M&S (bought at a jumble sale) my mother was horrified

Frenchgalinspain Wed 13-Dec-23 12:59:29

My favourite jeans are narrow jeans from Inditex - Zara Spain.

Elephant legged baggy wide jeans may look great on a very tall lady ( 1.80 metres ) however, they look horrid on me and I do not have any wide legged trousers or jeans.

MaizieD Wed 13-Dec-23 13:00:17

I try to keep an open mind, but those are just horrible...😂

grandtanteJE65 Wed 13-Dec-23 13:05:09

There is no accounting for taste, but if I was the age the model is, yes I would wear them!

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 13-Dec-23 15:19:14

In my fantasies I wear skinny jeans. In reality my thunder thighs require a different profile: worryingly this shape would work....

M0nica Wed 13-Dec-23 15:40:01

A new fashion - that will take or not take. What's remarkable about that?

YorkLady Wed 13-Dec-23 15:44:24

Casdon

I loved my loons!!
Do you also remember the original Levi jeans that you had to sit in the bath wearing them, they shrunk to your body shape. You had to keep them on until they dried 😂😂

GrannyGravy13 Wed 13-Dec-23 15:49:57

I think I have worn every style of jean over my lifetime, now I stick to skinny ones, cannot seem me changing anytime soon.

Patsy70 Wed 13-Dec-23 18:16:52

I need more jeans, but won’t be choosing that style! Yes, I remember sitting in a bath in my Levi’s YorkLady - won’t be doing that again. 😂

BlueBelle Wed 13-Dec-23 18:20:00

I m out of skinny jeans now been in them so long they seem to have been in fashion fir ever
so now it’s cargo, wide leg or bootcut for me

Joseann Wed 13-Dec-23 18:23:03

Is the idea of those balloon jeans to make your top half look smaller? If so, they might not be a bad idea for some!

Georgesgran Wed 13-Dec-23 18:52:57

There’s no accounting for taste!!

I’ve kept a pair of 501’s - God knows why as they’re a 10 and I’m not!! Maybe just for posterity or to show that I was once a different shape!

AreWeThereYet Wed 13-Dec-23 18:59:45

I sat in the bath in my jeans last year. I found an old pair of bootleg jeans I had hardly worn while clearing out a cupboard. They were a bit uncomfortable round the hips and the water loosened them up. I did do a bit of bending around with them on. Stretched them out just enough to make them comfy.

Esmay Wed 13-Dec-23 19:48:48

If I were young and slim - I'd probably wear them !
I like my jeans a bit longer though .
These days , my jeans have a bit of elastic inserted into the waistband - even so I don't find them that comfortable .

PamelaJ1 Wed 13-Dec-23 19:59:22

I think I’ve still got at least one pair of almost every type of jean that has been produced since 1970.
I can’t make room for these, I’ve gone past silly now.

Allsorts Wed 13-Dec-23 20:19:41

Dreadful. I like slim fitting jeans, but in my time I’ve worn some odd choices in the name of fashion,

maddyone Sat 16-Dec-23 11:14:10

Not for me.

GrandmaMia1 Sat 16-Dec-23 11:16:36

Wear whatever you do like. End of.

Growing0ldDisgracefully Sat 16-Dec-23 11:32:05

Each to their own. I prefer skinny/straight, or boot cut albeit they're a size larger than I used to wear.
Baggy trousers legs on a wide short-arse (moi!) aren't flattering....
I used to have loons back in the day but wouldn't wear anything flared nowadays, esp after I nearly fell down the stairs when I caught my foot in the fabric of the other trouser leg!
So, no I wouldn't wear the jeans in the OP.