Gransnet forums

Relationships

Aaargh! Just as I sit down with a coffee....

(100 Posts)
HousePlantQueen Thu 01-Dec-22 11:21:06

So, this morning so far, I have stripped our bed, put washing machine on, cleaned bathroom, emptied bins and put the rubbish out for collection, cleaned up the dog's deposits in the garden, thrown bucket of soapy water over patio, vacuumed hall, and then sat down with microwaved remains of breakfast coffee. In comes himself, after a hard couple of hours browsing the internet...."are we doing anything today, or are you having a relaxing day today?

adrisco Thu 01-Dec-22 12:17:28

I am not having a relaxing day. Electricity off and waiting for engineer .. any time up until 6pm. Garage rang to say car was repaired .. £460 bill. I am not a happy bunny today!!!!

mokryna Thu 01-Dec-22 12:21:26

HousePlantQueen 😂😂😂

SueDonim Thu 01-Dec-22 12:48:29

Yes, you are doing something today, Houseplantqueen. You’re digging a large hole in your patio and will be depositing your Dh in it and covering it over again. grin

Smileless2012 Thu 01-Dec-22 13:02:54

Husband's are just great aren't they HousePlantQueengrin and yours certainly made me chuckle.

nadateturbe Thu 01-Dec-22 13:26:51

Funny, we had this conversation yesterday. I cleaned all upstairs rooms doing jobs my husband would never think need doing, and as soon as I lie on the bed for a rest up the stairs he comes, every time!
Why can he never come up while I'm scrubbing the shower?

Kate1949 Thu 01-Dec-22 13:40:59

Mine said last week 'I'm glad all the Christmas presents are bought. It's early but I'm pleased'. I said 'Eh? Really?. You've got them all? Wow thanks. That will save me do much stress. What did you get for everyone?' Cue DH clearing his throat 'Erm. I mean I've got all yours'. All mine consist of a couple of little things I've asked for!

Oreo Thu 01-Dec-22 13:48:44

Kate1949 😂 priceless!

Kate1949 Thu 01-Dec-22 13:52:16

Agreed!

sodapop Thu 01-Dec-22 15:52:10

nadateturbe

Funny, we had this conversation yesterday. I cleaned all upstairs rooms doing jobs my husband would never think need doing, and as soon as I lie on the bed for a rest up the stairs he comes, every time!

Mine does that too nadateturbe the minute I stop to read a chapter of my book there he is, shouldn't complain as he encourages me to have a break. Why do I feel guilty if I'm not wielding some household utensil grin

Smileless2012 Thu 01-Dec-22 16:02:13

I've lost count of the number of times as we're being thanked by someone for a gift we've given them, Mr. S. is whispering in my ear 'what did we get them'.

Hetty58 Thu 01-Dec-22 16:03:18

Mine used to say: 'You never sit down! Why don't you just relax, put your feet up and watch TV?'

- and I'd think 'When? Why? How?' - with 4 kids, a dog to walk, part-time work and a house to run - I didn't dare sit down.

I'd say 'But I have to peel the veg, get the washing in, go to the shops and collect them from school!' and he'd reply 'You can always do that later!'

CoolCoco Thu 01-Dec-22 16:16:10

Mine says things like "have we booked the flights/hotel/parking/restaurant /bought my sister's birthday present /whatever? I'll just say, no have you? Who is the "we" that is doing the booking/buying?

nadateturbe Thu 01-Dec-22 21:44:45

Sodapop
Why do I feel guilty if I'm not wielding some household utensil

I know! I even jump up sometimes to look as if I'm working 😁

nadateturbe Thu 01-Dec-22 21:48:36

Smileless when I thank my son, he asks me what his wife bought me.
Men are funny. Their idea of "we".
Having said that I get breakfast on a tray almost every morning and a foot massage every evening.

Grannybags Thu 01-Dec-22 22:00:04

nadateturbe

Sodapop
Why do I feel guilty if I'm not wielding some household utensil

I know! I even jump up sometimes to look as if I'm working 😁

I do that nadateturbe!

nadateturbe Thu 01-Dec-22 23:26:53

Grannybags that is so funny!

Charleygirl5 Fri 02-Dec-22 08:55:08

I am amazed that none of you ladies lives in houses which clean themselves.

Hetty that is hilarious, "you can always do it later". You are obviously not utilising the hours of midnight to 7 am effectively.

PinkCosmos Fri 02-Dec-22 10:47:06

CoolCoco

Mine says things like "have we booked the flights/hotel/parking/restaurant /bought my sister's birthday present /whatever? I'll just say, no have you? Who is the "we" that is doing the booking/buying?

Mine says the same. I call it the royal we.

It's a standing joke now

Pittcity Fri 02-Dec-22 15:40:55

DH tells people that I haven't worked for years.
He feels that as he has worked for the money we have and drives us around he doesn't need to do much more. After all everything is magically sorted in this house too.

Mollygo Sat 03-Dec-22 11:17:39

nadateturbe

My DH is like that too, but I’ve sorted the shower out now. DH was so proud of the fact that he can still kneel down without it hurting his knees, that he has to do the shower.

I can bend perfectly well but kneeling is painful.

DeeDe Sat 03-Dec-22 11:18:58

So funny love this …bless him
Should have said yes we are, “ your taking me out for a meal “
Or ordering a takeout tonight .. lol

elleks Sat 03-Dec-22 11:20:00

Charleygirl5

I am amazed that none of you ladies lives in houses which clean themselves.

Hetty that is hilarious, "you can always do it later". You are obviously not utilising the hours of midnight to 7 am effectively.

I don't think collecting the children at midnight would go down very well with the school! :D

jocork Sat 03-Dec-22 11:21:58

My ex (I wonder why) thought if he'd mowed the lawn and put the bins out he'd done his bit. One Spring I was ill with a chest infection that I couldn't shake off. I was working part time and doing all the usual household stuff but didn't touch the garden. Sadly it has never completely recovered, despite my son's attempts to tame it over the years.

jed16 Sat 03-Dec-22 11:23:48

And I thought it was only me. Sits on his phone all day but as soon as I sit down and open a book, WOW starts conversation!