Gransnet forums

News & politics

Little boy missing

(46 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Fri 17-Jan-14 12:40:18

What a puzzle

So hope he is found safe and well soon.

glammanana Fri 17-Jan-14 13:00:31

It is frightening jings I have read the backstory but you know as well as I do you can't believe what is written,lets hope this little man is found quickly and back with his mummy.

sherish Fri 17-Jan-14 13:40:23

It's just been on the lunchtime news that apparently a motorist saw a little boy running along the pavement at 8:30 this morning. If this driver was on his own I wonder why on earth did he not stop and check he was alright.

sherish Fri 17-Jan-14 13:41:20

Re my post: I meant 'If the little boy was on his own' (not the driver).

merlotgran Fri 17-Jan-14 13:42:04

It was yesterday morning, sherish so he might not have heard the child was missing.

Nonu Fri 17-Jan-14 14:15:37

All seems very odd & suspicious IMO !

Nelliemoser Fri 17-Jan-14 14:41:14

I have to say I am rather suspicious and that is all down to so many other missing child situations. Shannon Matthews and many more. It is sad and I hope I am wrong.

Most three year olds who wander off by themselves would be bawling their eyes out in about 20 minutes.

How the heck did he get out of the house? flat. ?what floor was it on. To be fair we are sensibly given only part of the story at this stage.

goldengirl Fri 17-Jan-14 16:47:27

I'm rather suspicious too. On the news it said the mother put him to bed at 9 (!!) and he wasn't there at 7. I don't know about you but I always checked on my children before going to bed myself and now they in their turn do the same. Secondly would a 3 year old put on his coat and open the door - how was the door fastened? Thirdly there's no mention of the father in the house. Fourthly the police are concentrating on the locality and there's no mention of airports
Mind you I'm writing this late afternoon so it could have all changed

Ana Fri 17-Jan-14 16:52:58

I wonder about him dressing himself as well. What three year old thinks about putting shoes on when he clambers out of bed to have a wander...?

Nonu Fri 17-Jan-14 17:03:34

Aren"t the parents estranged ? Father does not live in house .

grannyactivist Fri 17-Jan-14 17:25:11

My very bright grandson of four years can just about put on his own coat and shoes - and he could open the front door and go out if it was unlocked. I cannot imagine for a second however what might prompt him to do so. sad

henetha Fri 17-Jan-14 17:29:08

Please God that they find him soon.... I am so sad about this missing child
and desperately sorry for the family.

Flowerofthewest Fri 17-Jan-14 17:47:09

My grandsons aged 3 can open the front door and reach any handle on doors in my house, they do though have trouble putting on their coats and shoes. (my mother couldn't manage the velcro shoes today)

My DDH's mum used to tell me the story of how he left home at 3 years old and was found 1.1/2 mile away on his way to their local. He had to cross several roads but, as I remind him, it was just horses and carts in those days.

I do hope the little one is found safe and sound, it is so scary to think of him out on his own in the middle of winter.

POGS Fri 17-Jan-14 20:20:02

I feel ill at ease to say this but I do have concerns over the background that has been reported of the little lads home. I have heard that he has not been to his nursery since xmas, and there is a bit of history with his upbringing and care.

This is most certainly one time when I will be very willing to be proved wrong in being so suspicious.. sad

Shortbread Fri 17-Jan-14 21:20:33

My grandson is 3, and I feel quite anxious about this little boy. If he has just got up and wondered off as we are given to believe he needs to be found very soon, it is so cold out there he will not survive very long.
Regardless of whether the driver who allegedly saw him yesterday, seeing a boy of that age out on his own, he should have called the police if he was worried about approaching him.
I hope he is found soon, safe and well.
Past history of missing children does not bode well.

FlicketyB Fri 17-Jan-14 21:25:07

The driver could have been worried about stopping in case he was accused of trying to abduct him or worse.

Ana Fri 17-Jan-14 21:34:50

Several people have reported seeing small boy running down a nearby street at 8.30 am that morning, and there is CCTV footage, but he was wearing a hat or cap, which apparently the missing boy hated wearing, so it seems unlikely it was him.

Aka Fri 17-Jan-14 22:13:24

My 3-year old grandson can just about dress himself, and put his shoes and coat on, but he wouldn't do that if he got up in the middle of the night. Something very odd here.

merlotgran Fri 17-Jan-14 22:23:32

I wonder why there are no details about the father, especially as the little boy was one of a twin?

POGS Fri 17-Jan-14 22:35:38

The father is said to be of Pakistani origin and has never had contact with him.

Tegan Fri 17-Jan-14 23:07:24

I can't say the thoughts that are going through my head about this sad.

merlotgran Fri 17-Jan-14 23:17:35

I should have said IS one of a twin. sad

Nelliemoser Fri 17-Jan-14 23:42:27

The last I heard on the news, was that this child has not been back at his nursery class since Christmas because he had been poorly. All this has me increasingly worried about what might have happened.

harrigran Sat 18-Jan-14 00:04:06

My GC could dress themselves at three and put on their shoes that fastened with Velcro and even open the door but never known them to go outside at night or early in the morning. When children get up early they usually put on their dressing gowns and slippers and head for the TV. I feel this child may be with a relative, wasn't he the only boy amongst the children ?

POGS Sat 18-Jan-14 01:15:59

LITTLE LAD FOUND

Sadly he has been found, not alive, in Fife. A person has been arrested.

Gut wrenching news. sad