Gransnet forums

House and home

Spray mop for laminate floors.

(26 Posts)
Bakingmad0203 Wed 13-Mar-24 07:47:11

Our open plan apartment has laminate flooring and although I have been getting down on my hands and knees to wash the floor in the kitchen area, I’m finding it very laborious to do this for the whole apartment!
Has anyone used these mops and are they any good?

kittylester Wed 13-Mar-24 07:53:53

We have laminate floors in the kitchen and hall and I find our Vileda spray mop brilliant.

We have Amtico so keep the mop topped up with solution. It is useful for mopping up odd spills as well as doing a complete clean. I did buy spare pads for it.

Juliet27 Wed 13-Mar-24 07:55:56

This is a bit spooky as only yesterday I was thinking I’d get myself a mop of some sort rather than keep washing the floor on hands and knees. I find this sort of coincidence happens quite often - big brother watching?
I shall await mop suggestions.

Astitchintime Wed 13-Mar-24 07:56:45

I have tried a couple and even the expensive Vileda one leaked where it shouldn't have so I think they're a total waste of money. I have now resorted to a proper, old fashioned cotton head mop and a bucket with the attachment at the top to squish out the water.
I keep couple of the mop heads on the go, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom so there's no cross-contamination.
Sometime, the old ways are the best.

cornergran Wed 13-Mar-24 07:58:39

Also use the Vileda spray mop on the laminate in the conservatory and the ceramic tiled floor in the bathroom. Mr C, designated floor cleaner, is very happy with it.

Bakingmad0203 Wed 13-Mar-24 08:00:15

kittylester
Do you keep changing the pads as they get dirty when doing a complete clean? Are they disposable or can they be washed?

GrannyIvy Wed 13-Mar-24 08:01:07

I have Karndean and Amtico flooring in various rooms. I do a hands and knees wash every now and then but a flash spray mop works well with the disposable pads.

LadyGracie Wed 13-Mar-24 08:05:06

I use Sainsbury laminate floor wipes attached to a mop.

Bakingmad0203 Wed 13-Mar-24 08:11:21

The one I was thinking of buying is a Bona Spray Mop Air because the pad is washable. But does that mean I’d have to buy a few pads to replace the pad as it gets dirty whilst I’m cleaning the floor?

aggie Wed 13-Mar-24 08:22:34

I use a Spin mop , the bucket has a pedal to make the shaggy head of the mop spin to get most of the moisture out , the floor dries in no time

Sago Wed 13-Mar-24 08:23:02

Astitchintime

I have tried a couple and even the expensive Vileda one leaked where it shouldn't have so I think they're a total waste of money. I have now resorted to a proper, old fashioned cotton head mop and a bucket with the attachment at the top to squish out the water.
I keep couple of the mop heads on the go, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom so there's no cross-contamination.
Sometime, the old ways are the best.

Absolutely!
Cheap, very effective, environmentally friendly and easy!
Lots of hot water some zoflora and your away!

aggie Wed 13-Mar-24 08:23:11

I rinse it often so one head does the whole floor

ginny Wed 13-Mar-24 08:27:53

Lakeland spray mop. Washable , changeable pads. I’ve had mine for years and still going strong.

kittylester Wed 13-Mar-24 09:33:50

Bakingmad0203

kittylester
Do you keep changing the pads as they get dirty when doing a complete clean? Are they disposable or can they be washed?

I change mine about once a week and I think I could manage without the spares.

My Vileda is about 5 years old and only leaks if I don't clip it shut properly after refilling it.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 13-Mar-24 10:00:35

I Have this mop from Lakeland, I spray the floor with Method or Marks & Spencer’s floor cleaner as I go.

Cleaning pads easy to wash and nothing to break, leak or go wrong.

Salti Wed 13-Mar-24 10:03:12

I bought an Addis spray mop on a whim last year in Aldi. It's a game changer. No leaks, no mess, just pull the microfibre pad off, throw in the washer and put on the spare.

Freya5 Wed 13-Mar-24 10:05:21

Salti

I bought an Addis spray mop on a whim last year in Aldi. It's a game changer. No leaks, no mess, just pull the microfibre pad off, throw in the washer and put on the spare.

Me too, saves my arthritic knee. Use Aldi disinfectant cleaner diluted in bottle, cleans and leaves a lovely smell.

Salti Wed 13-Mar-24 10:07:19

Also the microfibre pads dry very quickly after going in the washer.

kittylester Wed 13-Mar-24 11:02:53

I seriously can't believe that anyone still washes the floor on their hands and knees.

Franbern Fri 15-Mar-24 18:47:04

Agree with Kittylester, why on earth do people get down on hands and knees to wash floors these days

Only my bedroom in my flat has carpet, the rest, Kitchen, large living/dining room large hallway, bathroom en-suite, spare bedroom all have laminate mainly Karndean.

I use a Vileda 123 mop. Have three or four pads, which go into washing machine after use. Use Karndean's own solution, large container of it lasts for ages. Have had this mop for four years, never had problems with leaks or anything else. So easy to use, cleans beautifully, and stores easily,
At 83 years of age, if I got down onto hands and knees not sure how I would get back up. This mop system is ideal

SusieK Fri 15-Mar-24 18:53:52

GrannyGravy13

I Have this mop from Lakeland, I spray the floor with Method or Marks & Spencer’s floor cleaner as I go.

Cleaning pads easy to wash and nothing to break, leak or go wrong.

Yes, I have a similar mop to this. Our laminate kitchen floor gets pretty mucky from the garden and from the dog, so I often change the pad each time - they’re quick and easy to wash and dry. I bought spares from Dunelm. I use Method cleaner too - easy to squirt around and smells nice.

Commonground Fri 15-Mar-24 20:39:54

I have a Vileda spray mop for day to day use on Karndean flooring, but it definitely needs a proper scrub on hands and knees every so often.

Gwyllt Fri 15-Mar-24 22:30:19

Mop and bucket for me too surely cross contamination isn’t a problem as I can’t imaging many people change their flippers as they move from kitchen to bathroom.

Gwyllt Fri 15-Mar-24 22:30:51

Slippers not flippers

Knittynatter Fri 15-Mar-24 22:43:28

I enjoyed the idea of changing your flippers 😂