Gransnet forums

Christmas

Still fiddling with baubles!

(61 Posts)
keepcalmandcavachon Tue 19-Dec-23 10:51:33

Is anyone else still fiddling and jiggling their baubles about?
I'm adding my last sparkly bits, will be out in the garden looking for any berries lurking around and have a few of those £1 battery light sets to go (if I can ever open them grin

Merry Christmas fellow faffers!

MiniMoon Tue 19-Dec-23 11:00:31

I've been tinseling the staircase and titivating the hall this morning. My trees are decorated to my satisfaction, I think!
It's all a bit "Hogwarts" but I like it.

LauraNorderr Tue 19-Dec-23 11:05:03

No faffing for me this year. Have downsized to a single window sill.
Lovely staircase decoration MiniMoon.

LauraNorderr Tue 19-Dec-23 11:06:28

No faff

henetha Tue 19-Dec-23 11:07:35

All my baubles are hanging there nicely. No more faffing about for me, hopefully. All my fairy lights are shining merrily.
My ancient Christmas tree, although past it's best, is standing more or less upright and my little old angel on the top is looking tattered but proud.

keepcalmandcavachon Tue 19-Dec-23 11:08:29

Oh MiniMoon that's lovely. Magical.

keepcalmandcavachon Tue 19-Dec-23 11:11:41

So pretty LauraNorderr , love your cheeky guy!

biglouis Tue 19-Dec-23 11:15:46

I sold a lot of antique and vintage christmas tree baubles this year, mostly to Americans. I hope they got there in time.

Grandmabatty Tue 19-Dec-23 11:18:10

My two grandsons (2 and 4) enjoy 'rearranging' my tree decorations. Love the banister and the window sill ladies

RosiesMaw Tue 19-Dec-23 11:20:38

Is anyone else still fiddling and jiggling their baubles about

It depends on what music is playing on my radio grin

keepcalmandcavachon Tue 19-Dec-23 11:22:43

RosiesMaw Ding Dong Merrily On High gringringrin

BigBertha1 Tue 19-Dec-23 11:24:04

I've actually started thinning things out. we only had one social occasion which was last Saturday then we are of to DD2 for Christ mas back on Boxing Day. I shall have them all down on New Year's Day while I'm cooking our turkey.

RosiesMaw Tue 19-Dec-23 11:24:52

Ooh you are awful - but I like you! gringringrin

annodomini Tue 19-Dec-23 11:51:47

As usual, my baubles are rather haphazardly placed, but they look OK from a distance. As it's a small (fake) tree, I need to use small baubles and managed to find a pack from you-know-who.

J52 Tue 19-Dec-23 12:21:43

Just finished decorating the tree, stairs and mantelpiece. But where have the red baubles for the stags head gone?
Why is there always something you don’t find till the beginning of January!

AreWeThereYet Tue 19-Dec-23 12:30:30

We only started fiddling yesterday 😁 Mantelpiece is finished, windowsill is finished, tree is nearly finished. Hallway is started. Front door was finished but this morning the garland round the door had half fallen down - the sticky hook had unstuck overnight 😄 Wreath has stayed up though.

MiniMoon Tue 19-Dec-23 13:34:25

I used to do something similar to your mantlepiece AreWeThereYet, but this house doesn't have one.
This is my dining room tree.

LauraNorderr Tue 19-Dec-23 13:44:10

Lovely tree.
Have you actually wallpapered for Christmas?

AreWeThereYet Tue 19-Dec-23 15:33:09

We didn't have one in our last house Minimoon. We nearly didn't have one in this house after I nearly burned it down a few years ago with a candle 😄 I love your silvery tree - that is a big angel on top. Ours in tiny, she's banging her head on the ceiling of the bay window 😄

Pittcity Tue 19-Dec-23 16:41:02

Had to de-bauble yesterday as the lights blew a fuse!!

MiniMoon Tue 19-Dec-23 18:23:14

AreWeThereYetShe isn't as big as all that. I think the camera angle made her look larger.

LauraNorderr Tue 19-Dec-23 20:17:30

So sorry MiniMoon, I can now see butterflies on your pretty wallpaper. On my teeny weeny phone I thought I could see carousels and snowmen.

rubysong Tue 19-Dec-23 23:03:31

I have done quite a bit but there is more to do. I have an agel either end of the mantlepiece and one of them has shed her wings. I think they are made of plaster or pottery. I have tried gluing it back with glue gun and also with blutac neither was any use. Does anyone have any suggestions?

rafichagran Wed 20-Dec-23 00:15:55

My Christmas tree

JackyB Wed 20-Dec-23 09:49:59

I thought I might get the boxes of decorations down today and start thinking about it.