Gransnet forums

Christmas

The Gransnet virtual Christmas party 2023

(87 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

AnnieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-Dec-23 15:05:12

Welcome, everyone to our virtual Christmas party.

We have our incredibly tasteless decorations strung up, a plate of mince pies, and a vat of Baileys at the ready.

We know that for many reasons, some GNers might be spending the festive season on their own, so, if that's the case and you fancy some company - or if you just want to drop in away from the chaos of home, do join us. All are welcome.

Anything goes - from your favourite recipes, and worst festive jokes*, to TV and film recommendations. And if you let us know your favourite Christmas song, we'll add them all to a playlist.

So, grab your preferred beverage, don your cosiest jumper, and celebrate with your fellow GNers. Merry Christmas!

*What is Santa’s favourite pizza?
One that’s deep-pan, crisp and even.

Pittcity Mon 11-Dec-23 15:20:01

A party.......on a Monday?
I'd better go and get dressed!!🤶

Parsley3 Mon 11-Dec-23 15:34:29

Hurrah! I will put on the sprouts to simmer and contribute my much talked about sprouts on a cocktail stick nibbles.

polomint Mon 11-Dec-23 16:31:59

I'll come and bring my home made tablet

Marydoll Mon 11-Dec-23 16:39:07

polomint

I'll come and bring my home made tablet

Harrumph! That was my plan. sad.

I will bring my homemade (better than Lees, according to DH ) chocolate macaroon bars

Nessieguru Mon 11-Dec-23 17:12:21

I will gladly come to the party, as I think it's the only one I'll be at and I have some lovely Christmas cake. I'd like Slade Merry Christmas Everybody, always makes me feel festive cupcake

Maggiemaybe Mon 11-Dec-23 17:32:28

We’ll need more than one, so I’m bringing my Delia’s boozy Creole cake to the party. Mainly because nobody but DD1 and me like it and she’s only gone and made her own cake this year, without so much as a by your leave. Hmph.

polomint Mon 11-Dec-23 17:33:44

I must look out my Xmas jumper. The more sparkles the better I think plus my santa clause earrings. That should be glitzy enough

Maggiemaybe Mon 11-Dec-23 17:42:23

I’ll just set up this tasteful red and blue plastic flashing ferris wheel in the corner - DH came back with it from a garden centre closing-down sale and I’ve been trying to offload it ever since. I’ve put a post-it on the plug giving the usual epilepsy/migraine warnings, just in case anyone over-indulges in the Baileys and is tempted to switch it on.

Marydoll Mon 11-Dec-23 18:12:43

polomint

I must look out my Xmas jumper. The more sparkles the better I think plus my santa clause earrings. That should be glitzy enough

I found my tasteful Christmas jumper in the tumble dryer, so won't be wearing it.
DH is on the naughty step! 😡

Millie22 Mon 11-Dec-23 18:23:40

Ooo a party 🎉🎉🎉

George Michael on the playlist please.

Charleygirl5 Mon 11-Dec-23 18:41:34

Thank goodness I do not like mince pies because I cannot believe that the mince pies are freshly baked. I would think many were popped in tins after last year's reverie.

Marydoll I adore tablet, please make a decent amount (for me). Everybody else can eat fudge, not realising what they are missing and I have no intention of telling them.

Harris27 Mon 11-Dec-23 18:41:41

Got my Christmas jumper on glass of mulled wine ready to party!

MrsKen33 Mon 11-Dec-23 18:47:09

I’ll just bring myself. Need I say more?🧑‍🎄🧑‍🎄🧑‍🎄

polomint Mon 11-Dec-23 18:56:21

Marydoll is making macaroons as she's huffed I pipped her at the post and offered to bring my home made tablet. I'm sure her macaroons will be lovely...no smutty jokes please!

Oreo Mon 11-Dec-23 19:01:48

You mean like ‘ he nearly swooned at her macaroons?’😂ok I won’t say it then.

Oreo Mon 11-Dec-23 19:03:15

MrsKen33

I’ll just bring myself. Need I say more?🧑‍🎄🧑‍🎄🧑‍🎄

You look almost as gorgeous as me, if that’s possible, shall we go into the room arm in arm and knock ‘em dead?

Oreo Mon 11-Dec-23 19:06:15

Some posters are bringing their tablet but surely they won’t want to waste time on the internet when there’s a party going on?🤪 still, I’ll bring my apple to play on if things are boring.

Mollygo Mon 11-Dec-23 19:17:21

I’d love to join the party. I’ve just read a book singing the praises of mincemeat Eton Mess. So I could bring some samples of that.

Marydoll Mon 11-Dec-23 19:46:48

Very drôle Oreo. I prefer my tablet to a boring 🍎! 😄

brook2704 Mon 11-Dec-23 19:53:51

Oooh I do love a party! 🌲🎉🍷🍷🍷

Grannmarie Mon 11-Dec-23 20:07:11

Me too, thanks very much!
My unusual Christmas song is Tim Minchin's White wine in the sun, so I'll bring a chilled box of Australian SV.
Now where is my sparkly top?🥳🎶🍷🎄 🎅

Grannmarie Mon 11-Dec-23 22:32:28

SB, that should read, 🤣, and that's without a drink !!

BigBertha1 Tue 12-Dec-23 03:18:43

Still love Grandma got run over by a reindeer

Newatthis Tue 12-Dec-23 05:01:14

My birthday is Christmas Day so I can never celebrate so it’s nice to have an early party.