Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 21st March 2024

(49 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 21-Mar-24 05:39:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just twilight at the moment in brackley but its dry outside as well.
Meals from Wiltshire arrived OK , its amazing when looking on there website the various choices or versions of some dishes .
Before I get the bus to Bicester for a couple of hours I have a bit more house work to do .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Thu 21-Mar-24 05:52:40

Good morning from a dry, grey Bristol. Isn’t this sudden cold nights peculiar.
Another neighbour swamped my with fruit yesterday; their kindness is amazing.
I attended a talk about the Bristol botanic garden. The speaker challenged us with finding anything not involving plants, even metals required plants in the form of coal to smelt them, we were told. “Diamonds” she triumphantly proclaimed, “are not plant involved”…. She was such a know-all that I didn’t point out that they were a very pure form of coal!
Tai chi today, unless I decide to go to the opticians. My left eyeball is suddenly very sore and seems to have had a small haemorrhage.
MD, stay quiet again today after your string of mishaps. Urms, enjoy your last hours in your happy place. The best to all.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Thu 21-Mar-24 06:07:23

Good morning, a dry day today in s somerset

GM, opticians, most important to go, eyes are so precious

I didn`t dither about what I was doing yesterday, the weather was fine and I quickly got myself outside and did a lot of shifting of my hm compost. I got very dirty in the process.

Nematodes made me head that way. I was over run with slugs last year. I ordered them and they may well be delivered today. I will need to lightly dig the compost into the soil this morning and having seen the forecast for cold, I will keep the nematodes in the fridge for a few days. The soil is perfect ie sodden and the nematodes will like it

I will be finished in an hour today and need to rest my achey shoulder. This garden work does make me remember where my joints are

Have a good day

Ashcombe Thu 21-Mar-24 06:11:48

Good morning from a slightly chilly Torbay.

Know-alls can be annoying, grandMattie. Last week's speaker at Wednesday Club was one such. When challenged by a few of us, he was patronisingly saccharine in his response. Your eye problem could well be due to stress; a colleague suffered a similar condition during an Ofsted inspection. It would be a good idea to see your optician,

After my critical comment about gulls (not our local football team!) yesterday, they wreaked their revenge on my car! Luckily, when I first bought it, I had a special coating added to protect the paintwork.

Hope today is a gentle one for all. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Susan56 Thu 21-Mar-24 06:17:19

Good morning from Shropshire.After rain all day yesterday today is at least starting off dry.

I have an MRI this morning and have been awake half the night thinking about it😫

I would get your eye checked out grandMattie.

Oh Ash your poor car🤦🏼‍♀️

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

RosesandLilac Thu 21-Mar-24 06:19:52

Good morning from south Glos, it’s dry here and I hope it continues because my fencing is being completed today and tomorrow 🤞🏻
Ashcombe gull poo is the worst isn’t it? Just like concrete when it dries 🤬
The painter is coming to do the bedroom today and tomorrow so I need to empty out as much as I can, I will ask DH to help but it depends whether he feels like it. No problem if not, I’m sure the painter will help.
I had a poor night because I overdid it yesterday 🙄, hopefully all will be well 🌹

Gingster Thu 21-Mar-24 06:34:23

Good morning all and another early one for me.

Little DGD stayed over last night as her mum is poorly. I think we might have another day in A and E.😫. I’ll await to hear.

Don’t you just hate ‘know-it-alls’, GM and Ash.

Beautiful day yesterday , walked to town and had to take my coat off.

Take care all 🌷

Pantglas2 Thu 21-Mar-24 06:38:25

Good morning everyone from a dry and brightening north Wales where I’m on dhobi wallah duties this morning as we’ve been promised 🌞 from the weatherbarn after yesterday’s deluge!

Bedding will be changed when Mr PG so much as sighs…(he’s turned into a sloth since his retirement…😴) which will cheer me up no end as I love a fresh bed - simple things eh!

I see that our lovely Urms won at bingo yesterday and am taking full credit for her luck after wishing it for her🤣 - I hope there’s a little luck leftover to top up our stash tonight🤞

We’re tortured by incontinent seagulls Ash - the price we pay for seaside living😡 - flying rats as DH calls them!

Hope the MRI isn’t too challenging Susan and all with medical miscellany have an easier time 💐

Mizuna Thu 21-Mar-24 06:49:29

Good morning from a bright, damp Cornwall. Dentist this morning then a bus jaunt somewhere, maybe Newquay for the beaches and funny shops. Yesterday I stayed at home and sorted the ivy topiary on my patio so am itching to get out today.

Marydoll, the pics are for you. My first signs of apple and pear life appeared yesterday.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 21-Mar-24 06:54:56

Morning all from a grey S E Essex were I be glowered at by a very large magpie on a branch outside the bedroom window.

I have to go to Next to pick up a parcel so shall have a mooch to see what’s new on the bedding dept, then pop into M & S Food Hall, hopefully my back will benefit from a gentle stroll.

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️

Bellasnana Thu 21-Mar-24 06:57:54

Good morning from Malta where it is another beautiful sunny day.

It’s my long day with the boys today, extra long as DD3 has a hair appointment after school but I don’t mind.

Hope the day is kind to one and all.☀️

Urmstongran Thu 21-Mar-24 07:09:18

Good morning all from sunny Málaga. I’m enjoying a mug of TIB whilst looking out at the sparkling cobalt blue Mediterranean Sea. What a view to wake up to. It lifts the spirits no wonder I call this my happy place.

The washer is on, only a few bits to peg out, but I’ll be able to get them dry and hung back up as I’m homeward bound tomorrow lunchtime.

I’m meeting a friend for a G&T in the bar downstairs this afternoon and then popping into the hair salon to get my highlights done. Thought why not as it’s so convenient here.

This evening (early, as I don’t do late nights and she laughed) my G&T friend has suggested we go for a Chinese. I’m not a big fan but spring rolls, Singapore vermicelli and sharing a bottle of Viña Sol will hit the spot. We always stroll down in the sun and get a taxi back up. It’ll be lovely to catch up with her again.

I’m going to FaceTime Himself this morning. He looked well last night and told me about his day. He laughed when I told him I’d won €100 at the bingo!
😁

kittylester Thu 21-Mar-24 07:14:31

Good morning all from North Leicestershire-

Not much going on today. But that is a good thing as we had 'Neighbour's Drinks' last night and I might have a headache.

Pittcity Thu 21-Mar-24 07:15:01

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. 15° and dry is today's forecast so I'll get bedding on the line.
I need a basic shop and to do some admin. DH is fishing so there'll be chaos and spag bol this evening.

Urmstongran Thu 21-Mar-24 07:15:15

karmalady I had to look up ‘nermatides’!
Every day is a school day.
😊

Pittcity Thu 21-Mar-24 07:15:32

Pressed post before sending love to all 🦩 x

Georgesgran Thu 21-Mar-24 07:18:57

Good morning from a dry Durham. I’ve been awake since stupid o’clock, thanks to the dawn chorus!
I’ve an empty today, so really shoukd do something for myself.
Although Marydoll isn’t well, I really enjoyed reading her novella yesterday - like old times.
Well done at Bingo Urms.
gM maybe get your eye checked? I suffer from red eye, which looks alarming, but is harmless.
Best wishes to all. X

Greyduster Thu 21-Mar-24 07:30:26

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Following a day of rain yesterday, today is dry but drear and none too warm! I’m still trying to decide whether to go out with the walking group today. It will be very wet underfoot I think. Decisions decisions! I may just drive over to have lunch with DD and skip the walk.
Have the best day you can, folks.

brook2704 Thu 21-Mar-24 07:32:17

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry but looks quite windy today
Your poor DD Gingster she’s such a brave lady, hoping if you have to go to A&E the wait isn’t too bad and she’s home again soon, sending ❤️
DGD stayed over last night and I can just hear her waking up. It’ll be porridge for breakfast and then school drop off first thing and then later we’re travelling down to Edinburgh for an overnight stay before our flight to Switzerland tomorrow. We’re really looking forward to seeing DS and his partner and catching up on all their news.
Good to hear things are going so well Urms enjoy today and safe travels home tomorrow
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 21-Mar-24 07:37:26

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.
I have to be up early to take delivery of a couple of ham hocks from the butcher. OH already has some dried marrow fat peas so he can make the pea and ham soup which only he eats!
I will go to a U3A Art History talk this afternoon before collecting a parcel from Waitrose. At some point I’ll type up the notes from last night’s WI AGM.
Have a good day everyone.

Jaxjacky Thu 21-Mar-24 07:41:09

Morning, high cloud in S Hants, we did have some sunny intervals yesterday, it gets colder tomorrow.
I’m nearly up to driving again, a little try out on the drive yesterday was ok.
Well done Urms G&T’s are on you today!
Hope your MRI is on time and swiftly over Susan.
🦩🦩

luluaugust Thu 21-Mar-24 07:43:38

Good morning from a cloudy but dry W Kent. Off to art group this morning and then lunch out at a local garden. My visit to DF’s new bungalow went well yesterday we spent most of our time together trying to sort out the heating control, another job for her DS I fear. Later the GC kindly ate up the tea I had cooked them, DH thought the sausages might have been a little overcooked due to me being glued to The Gentlemen on their Netflix. DD came in and said it was totally unsuitable for me. Oh dear.
Susan hope the MRI goes off smoothly.
Enjoy your day Urms
Best wishes to all

Alygran Thu 21-Mar-24 07:43:45

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Dull grey clouds this morning.
I had a nice evening at the ladies group. I won the raffle, a bottle of Prosecco. My lucky day too urms!
Some housework this morning. DD2 is coming tomorrow so I need to get her room ready too. Out with friends this evening to see the National Theatre film of The Motive and the Cue. It’s 3 hours long so I hope the seats are comfy!
Have a good day everyone.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 21-Mar-24 07:48:10

Good morning from the South Downs. Another dry day forecast. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful, and I spent most of it outside.

Another nematode user here! Better than bait for the environment I think. My soil has really only just warmed up enough to use them which I always do on the delphiniums, but yesterday I dug up, split up and potted up those that hadn’t succumbed to the wet and they will recover before I replant them.

DHs back still bad - it must be the season for bad backs - but naturally his bad back is worse than anybody else.

I had a terrible night - too much thinking and planning.

Spicy cauliflower (to use up) with halloumi rice for supper.

Enjoy your day all

Peace and harmony to all

Marydoll Thu 21-Mar-24 07:59:57

Good morning all from a showery Glasgow, where it is 8°C.

I did pay the price for my outing, I did very little yesterday, the price was high, but the boost in my spirits made it all worth while. I was told off by DD and DIL for being out for so long.
I had quick visit to the hairdresser, but didn't linger and gossip as I usually do. Washing my hair is so difficult because of my painful shoulder, so I was delighted to be pampered.
I have been suffering from folliculitis, so took the opportunity to ask the hairdresser to see if it was clearing up.
Asking MrMD, like cutting my toenails ( I can't reach) is painful and involves a lot of sighing from him and ouching from me. 😂

Today is DS2's birthday and we will have Babydoll for a few hours, to allow DS and DD to go out for lunch. Gone are the days when we had Dollie from 8am until 6pm. I just couldn't do it now. 😔
He was born on Mother's day after much drama. I became very unwell, while visiting my mother (a former midwifery sister,) who huckled me out of the door to hospital in Glasgow (we lived in Troon) and I spent a week in the nearest maternity hospital, was then discharged, went back home and an hour later had to be admitted to the my local one, where I had him in a corridor, with screens around me! The labour suite was full. 😚 I didn't care, I wanted that baby out!!!

Susan, and Gingster's daughter will be in my prayers today.

Mizuna, thanks for the pics. Once the wind has died down and the rain stopped, I will take some photos. However, I am usually a few weeks behind you.

I wish you all a pleasant day and thanks for the good wishes.