Gransnet forums

Chat

What cheered you up today

(117 Posts)
Truffle43 Wed 20-Mar-24 19:15:47

For me the sun was shining managed a lovely walk. While walking saw a squirrel and lots of butterflies and birds. Stopped to chat to several people as the sun brought more people outdoors and it felt like spring is finally getting here.

Poppyred Wed 20-Mar-24 19:22:00

Yes, lovely warm sunny day. Music for the soul after all the wind and rain.

dotpocka Wed 20-Mar-24 19:26:43

watching my 8yr staffie zommies and chasing her tail then she poses i am wonderful!!!!ta da

MiniMoon Wed 20-Mar-24 19:30:56

I really didn't need cheering up. I am of a happy disposition most of the time anyway. It hasn't been very sunny here today. Yesterday was better.
My cake turned out really well. I am a terrible baker and any successful cake is a bonus.

Visgir1 Wed 20-Mar-24 19:34:09

That isn't raining!

Kim19 Wed 20-Mar-24 19:36:46

I'm generally of cheerful disposition but had an extra shot in the arm by achieving some well needed shrub pruning today and I managed to free up a zip that's been stuck for days. Doubly happy!

fancythat Wed 20-Mar-24 19:39:17

Spring is here, where I am.

I drove a different car, for the first time, without too much of a problem.

I spoke with a cousin I dont see very often.

A physio helped put me back on track, after I was getting stiff as doing a previous exercise too energetically!

I bought a good priced jumper that I knew was "me". And I keep having to wear the same one previously, when this sort of weather, as only one in my wardrobe like it.

It has been a nice day.

Shinamae Wed 20-Mar-24 19:52:19

Seeing three frogs in my wildlife pond 🐸🐸🐸

Astitchintime Wed 20-Mar-24 19:53:20

Phoning my daughter and my granddaughter answering........such joy hearing her happy voice saying 'hello Nana, how are you today"!

Truffle43 Wed 20-Mar-24 20:06:27

It’s the simple things in life that make us happy. Glad to see that we all get joy from this

crazyH Wed 20-Mar-24 20:07:19

My neighbour brought me a custard slice , on her way back from town. Could only manage half. The rest I shall have later with a nice cup of tea..yummy 😋

Hetty58 Wed 20-Mar-24 20:15:49

Just getting out to walk the dog lifts my mood, every time, and sets me up for the day. The sun was out, so I ignored the housework and spent time in the garden, pottering, with bumblebees and a butterfly about - bliss. A series of funny text messages from a friend made me laugh when I did come in for the evening.

Lucyd Wed 20-Mar-24 20:22:20

Spent a lovely morning with my grand daughter while my son was doing some jobs at his house- she is such a little character and just makes me smile. Then spent the afternoon with my son, grand daughter and their dog. The sun shone, the field had lots of lambs and the garden is putting on a fine display of spring flowers (had no idea there would be as many flowers as only moved in last August).

ginny Wed 20-Mar-24 22:17:30

I didn’t need cheering up either as I had had a lovely morning with my 2 year old DGS. It was nice though when we were complimented on his good behaviour and manners in a cafe at lunchtime.

tanith Wed 20-Mar-24 22:38:23

A phone call from my son who lives abroad saying he was in London for business and was going to come to mine tomorrow after he was finished for the day to stay the night before his Heathrow flight home on Friday morning. I’ve not seen him for nearly a year so I’m really happy to see him cheered me up no end.

BigBertha1 Wed 20-Mar-24 22:39:59

I did well at my second learn to swim class

merlotgran Wed 20-Mar-24 22:46:03

My car passed its MOT.

bridie54 Wed 20-Mar-24 23:02:20

Today started with dreich weather. With weather like that it doesn't take much to cheer me up. Feeding the birds first thing usually does it as i go out to fill the feeders and see the spring flowers. Gorgeous.

But I had a lovely day meeting an old friend in town. Best of all was I was pleased to find the wool I was after and had not been able to buy locally for weeks.
I bought 10 balls! In my defence, it's an inexpensive yarn used for charity makes.

M0nica Wed 20-Mar-24 23:25:45

Getting the grass cut. It was dry yesterday, didn't rain in the night as they said it was and didn't rain today, so I went out just after 4.00pm.

The grass had grown very long, with the rainy warm weather we have had this winter. so it took some doing, but it is done.

The added releif was because we are away for 10 days over Easte and our house is for sale at the moment and nothing spruces the outside view of a property more than a nicely trimmed lawn.

henetha Wed 20-Mar-24 23:32:28

I planted some Asiatic Lily summer bulbs and transferred a shrub to a bigger pot. I love gardening even if it is a struggle. It was quite warm in the garden.

Mollygo Thu 21-Mar-24 00:01:05

A seven year old pupil rang the bell at Christie’s. We all celebrated with them.

nanna8 Thu 21-Mar-24 02:24:58

You lot- going to a funeral of a loved relative in a min and you’re taking my mind off the sadness.

karmalady Thu 21-Mar-24 09:27:30

Seeing my finished home made gold, compost. Finishing my prep for growing veg. The small beds look so neat and are bursting with goodness. My cheeriness will be complete when I have watered my slug nematodes in and maybe this year my veg will have a chance

Scribbles Thu 21-Mar-24 10:00:58

Primroses and one of the rescued chooks outside the back door.

Grannynannywanny Thu 21-Mar-24 10:08:40

Receiving a photo of my 14 year old grandson’s smiling face this morning just before he set off on his school adventure. A Duke of Edinburgh challenge of a hike and overnight in a tent on the hills. They’ve to set up camp and cook their meal before crawling into their tents for the night. I hope he’s still smiling tomorrow 😆