Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 20th March 2024

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 20-Mar-24 05:53:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Just daylight here but dry with signs of overnight rain in brackley .
A day in today a sort of admin day plus getting a Wiltshire Farm delivery around mid day , sent my old BT TV box back yesterday pre paid of course , getting on well with new EETV box .
Health wise weight gaining as well hopefully I will try and control it.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 20-Mar-24 06:04:26

Good morning from a damp Bristol. It’s going to be showery today; I’m glad I managed to dry my washing outside yesterday.
Didn’t have a good day, was tearful and full of self pity. I saw/spoke to none , which doesn’t help. My two friendly neighbours have been so kind, giving me gifts of food and flowers, cue more tears.
I shall go to morning office in church this morning and to another women’s group this afternoon. Get my mind off things for a bit.
DD would like me to prod the investigators, what do I say though?
Hope today is brighter for all. Carpe diem, carpe horam 🦩🦩🦩🦩

grandMattie Wed 20-Mar-24 06:09:05

Forgot! It’s the equinox today. The days will be getting longer more quickly. When I got up at 0500, the birds were singing their little hearts out already.

Ashcombe Wed 20-Mar-24 06:16:54

Good morning from a mild and calm Torbay.

It's no surprise that you feel down, grandMattie but it's good to have the support of friends and family and to find joy in nature waking up to Spring. Garden birds certainly do sing their hearts out and are a welcome contrast here to the mournful gulls!

I’m hosting Wednesday Club again when we shall review the play that was staged last week - Cash On Delivery. It was a farce requiring fast paced performances which the (younger than usual!) cast achieved admirably. Most of them will be at work today so unlikely to attend.

Happy hump day! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

cornergran Wed 20-Mar-24 06:20:17

Morning Mick, morning All from a wet corner of Somerset.

Most ‘stuff’ put back yesterday. We amazed ourselves. Last bits must wait until family can come and put the top boxes back on the wardrobes. Mr C says we can do them - oh no we can’t! Also need the carpenter to shrink the doors. Hopefully Friday. 🤞.

Steroid injection into a thumb this morning after getting slow cooker chilli underway. A garden centre wander on the way home and a quiet afternoon are my plans. I’ll try to persuade Mr C to join me in a quiet afternoon, he’s very tired now.

Down days are bound to come grandmattie. Nothing wrong with tears. It does sound as if being occupied is good for you, take it gently though, if something feels too much it probably is. Do you have an investigator (bank or police) named contact? If so a ‘how is it going’ enquiry seems more than reasonable and why not make sure they know how hard this all is. flowers.

Time to stir here. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Susan56 Wed 20-Mar-24 06:37:28

Good morning from Shropshire.After two lovely sunny days the rain is back🙄

I have a small to do list then will hopefully have a quiet afternoon reading.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Mizuna Wed 20-Mar-24 06:37:52

Good morning from Cornwall where it's bright and damp. I'm off to an art exhibition in another town where a dear friend I mentored for several years has had a collage selected for display. I'm so pleased for her because she really has had to battle with feelings of inadequacy, which she pushed through and has overcome.

On a more practical note I'll pop into M&S while I'm over there and see if there are any good reductions in the Food Hall. Collected two new paper-making frames yesterday so will try them out when I get home. After that my stamina will give out and I'll watch a film or two!

Have received my follow-up appointment regarding my new lung problem, within six weeks of leaving hospital, so well done NHS!

Grammaretto Wed 20-Mar-24 06:42:59

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. 5°C rain forecast.
I shall enjoy cosy yarn group.

Your health is improving Mick !
Sorry you are down gMattie . It isn't surprising but a shame.
Have you something nice to look forward to?

I've been invited to my DGC end of term concert next week in place of DS who can't go as he's working away.

Wishing all Good Morning-ers a good day.

Gingster Wed 20-Mar-24 06:46:51

Good morning all and an early one for me, waiting to hear if I need to take little DGD to school.

Dog walk, Church, market , pick up delivery from M and S and meeting a friend for coffee. Dh is going fishing 🤞.

When Dh came home from the footie last night, a bird was singing away at 10 pm. 😳. I love the sound of seagulls Ash. It always reminds me of childhood holidays.

Take care all and ‘chin up’ GM . This too shall pass.💐. It just takes time 😤.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 20-Mar-24 06:49:16

Morning all from West Oxfordshire where it looks dry at the moment.
A busy day looms. First thing I’ll be cooking cocktail sausages to take to WI tonight - I’m doing a retro thing with sausages, cheese and pineapple on sticks! It is the U3A lunch today, after which I’ll collect my stained glass object from the framer. WI AGM tonight. I think I’ve prepared everything. Phew.
I hope today is better GM.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 20-Mar-24 06:58:12

Morning all from a grey drizzly S E Essex. No plans for today, a few gentle exercises and stretches at home for this pesky back, along with some pottering.

grandMattie be gentle on yourself, you have had a huge shock, I hope you get some answers soon.

🙋‍♀️

Gala Wed 20-Mar-24 07:00:18

A brief good morning from a wet & dreary Sefton. Such a contrast to last week's lovely Lanzarote sunshine. Managed to unpack, tidy away, wash & dry before succumbing to a 'bug' no doubt picked up on our return journey. A quiet, resting day ahead. OH is fine - as usual.
Take care all.

Pantglas2 Wed 20-Mar-24 07:03:34

Well how the weather has changed ☔️ on this spring equinox!

I spent most of yesterday reading in 🌞on my lovely new bench seat with repurposed pillows in Dunelm cotton slips!

A trot out for ☕️ at a friend’s and to pick her brains on new roof/solar panels recently installed will brighten up the day and pick up some milk on the way home - exciting times eh?😉

Hope all in sick bay see improvement however small and 🥂to those on their travels or with celebrations afoot x

kittylester Wed 20-Mar-24 07:07:20

Good morning all from a grey ish and drizzly North Leicestershire.

An early start today - DH to the gym at 8.30, cleaners here at 8.45 and I'm off to the other side of the county for a new Carer course.

And we have 'Neighbours Drinks' here this evening. It's an easy way to catch up - nibbles and wine and lots of chat.

Have the best day possible everyone.

brook2704 Wed 20-Mar-24 07:17:14

Good morning everyone from Inverness where is grey and wet this morning
gMattie hope today is a bit better for you, be gentle on yourself 💐
Looks like a lovely sunny spot to enjoy some reading Pantglas enjoy!
DD2 is coming round for her lunch today as she’s got a meeting nearby. We’ll do the school pick up together later on and then DGD is coming for her sleepover.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Pittcity Wed 20-Mar-24 07:18:34

Good morning from a damp Colchester. 11° rising to 16 and drying up mid morning.
Wednesday morning coffee meetup in the city centre followed by some retail therapy. I have some trousers to return as they were made for a tall, skinny person even though they were marked as my size. I CBA to try on in the shop.
Love to all 🦩 x

Bellasnana Wed 20-Mar-24 07:20:00

Good morning from sunny Malta. It’s not quite as warm as yesterday but still pleasant and spring-like.

I’m with the boys who both seem to be in good moods.

GM sorry you felt so sad yesterday. Probably good to let your feelings out but it will take time to get over the shock.💐

Wishing you all a good day.☀️

Alygran Wed 20-Mar-24 07:22:11

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s raining.
Yesterday brightened up and I did a lot of gardening, washed the car and the garage doors! I’m a bit achy this morning.
Off to town early as the road into the village is going to be closed from 9.30 till mid afternoon. It will be quite a detour to get back.
Off to my ladies group this evening.
GM I’m not surprised you are teary after such an experience and the shock. Sending a virtual hug and 💐.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannyIvy Wed 20-Mar-24 07:28:23

Good morning all from Fenland. Looks grey but dry. Have planned a morning baking for the freezer and DH has a repair of the patio to finish. Hope to do a walk after lunch and then dinner out with a friend this evening whilst DH goes to a meeting.

I’m so sorry things are very hard GM and thinking of you 💐 keep asking questions how things are progressing. It will take time tho these things always do and that is tough.

Have the best day possible everyone the clocks changing this weekend is a big lift

luluaugust Wed 20-Mar-24 07:29:09

Good morning from a grey West Kent. A visit to a friend for coffee this morning and viewing of her new bungalow. Later feeding of GC whilst their mum does parents evening at school.
So sorry you are struggling gM I hope things are sorted out soon
Best wishes to all

karmalady Wed 20-Mar-24 07:39:07

Good morning, dull all day in s somerset

The seagulls are going ballistic, louder and longer than I have ever heard them. Something must have upset them. We normally get a few but nothing like today

GM hang in there, you are bound to get down times. Your mind has to process it all and also everything takes time, leaving you in financial uncertainty. You are doing the right thing by getting yourself out.

I spent the whole day outside doing maintenance and everywhere is clean now. Today is a rest day as my lower back is twinging. It was a good satisfying day

Have a good day

Ashcombe Wed 20-Mar-24 07:41:17

GrannyIvy: I’m afraid you have another week to wait before the clocks go forward - it is due to happen on 31st March (Easter Saturday).

GrannyIvy Wed 20-Mar-24 07:44:40

🙈 oh yes got ahead of myself😂😂

EkwaNimitee Wed 20-Mar-24 07:44:59

Good morning Mick and everyone from damp, grey Carlisle.
I knew I shouldn't have put my table and chair out yesterday!
It was a beautiful sunny day and I was out gardening in the afternoon. Now we have several showery days forecast.
I offloaded 2 bags of clothes and books in the morning. It's difficult clearing out clothes even if I haven't worn an item for years, I keep thinking an occasion will arise when I'll wish I hadn't given it away.
Today will be catch up on some jobs and getting the ironing done.

I hope your situation is resolved quickly grandMattie, it's such a stressful time for you.

And wishing you all the best possible day.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 20-Mar-24 07:46:18

Good morning from the South Downs. Dry day forecast.

Will tackle another bed and sort out the sempervivums to be planted by a path near the gravel/rockery garden and a group by a rock in the little Japanese garden.

We do have a problem with mice in the greenhouse, so I think that we are going to invite Tofu to go hunting (leave the door open) I don’t mind the odd one but it is beginning to smell of mice so not particularly healthy. I feel mean really, but can’t think of any other answer, although perhaps start with a humane trap, and see how successful that is. They are also eating everything! We’ve put pepper on the salad seedlings in the hope that puts them off.

I’ve had to change my newsagents for my newspaper delivery. I pay a subscription to my newspaper who send the vouchers to the newsagents and they then”buy”the newspaper to be delivered to me. But I had a note to say “going on holiday” one day and not received a paper for 6 weeks. My patience has worn thin!

Enough steak and kidney pudding left over from yesterday for todays supper - good-oh, it was delicious, although I say it myself😄.

Hope those with difficulties have a good day to and everyone else enjoy the day

Peace and harmony to the world, and food for the starving.