Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 19th March 2024

(39 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 19-Mar-24 05:33:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark outside at the moment yet dry here in brackley .
Yesterday I missed my hospital appointment as I had misread the letters turned up later than rebooked time , so a new appointment made , in my case its working around bus services .
Today usual Bicester bus , cafe stop and maybe a beer plus hopefully a trouble free shop in Sainsburys .
Then cycling on TV this afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 19-Mar-24 05:48:44

Good morning from Bristol.
That’s an easy mistake to make, Mick, but am glad they have rebooked you. More care next time!
I have heard that our lovely 99-year old neighbour, who broke her hip vacuuming on Sunday, has had it repaired and is doing amazingly. Well done her.
I spoke to myWI yesterday about my stupidity; It was well received. I hope my experience will help at least one person.
I finished the piccalilli I had started the previous day, washed and labelled the pots, and put them away to mature for at least 6 weeks.
Free all day today. I may do some sewing.
Hope Urms is still enjoying herself; that MD is feeling less down in the dumps and in less pain.
Carpe diem, carpe horam, dear friends 🦩🦩🦩🦩

karmalady Tue 19-Mar-24 05:53:20

Good morning, sunny episodes today in s somerset and the birds are full-on singing

A pottering day today but I will be outside as much as I can and no weed will escape

Have a good day

Ashcombe Tue 19-Mar-24 06:08:26

Good morning from a wet Torbay which should dry up soon.

Warning others about the horrid experience you’ve had is one positive outcome from it, grandMattie. That can't have been easy for you.

I hope your rearranged appointment is fairly soon, Mick.

Off to Props this morning where it’s likely to be a busy morning as the run of the latest play ended on Saturday so there'll be some putting away to do. No doubt the set builders will be in constructing for the next play and the Box Office will be open so the theatre will be busy, which is pleasing.

Yes, the sound of garden birds here is a welcome change from the mournful sound of the seagulls, karmalady!

A good day is wished to you all. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Grandmabatty Tue 19-Mar-24 06:24:18

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 10° and wet. If the temperature goes up, it's usually raining. Ash that sounds like a busy but pleasant day. GrandMattie good for you! It can't have been easy but the oxygen of publicity helps to get rid of these scammers. And you're not stupid. You were taken in by a callous scam.
Yesterday was a good day with the boys. Dgs2 has sore ears but was in fine fettle. After nursery pick up, we spent nearly an hour in the garden. Most of the time it was, "Gramma, see this" or "Gramma, watch me."I was early to bed last night and slept better than I have done for a couple of weeks.
Today will be more of the same. Have a good day all.

Greyduster Tue 19-Mar-24 06:34:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry and cloudy in South Yorkshire. It may rain later apparently. I had a good walk around one of our local parks yesterday. Lots of busy birds about - wrens, nuthatches, tree creepers - and the usual noisy green parakeets. Called in the garden centre on the way home and bought three new plants for my rockery wall. I was going to have a coffee but the coffee shop was heaving so no tables!
Not a lot on today except volunteering at school this afternoon.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Susan56 Tue 19-Mar-24 06:35:11

Good morning from Shropshire.Hopefully another dry day today.

Dentist this morning my absolute fear😢then we are going to look for the clinic I have an appointment at next week as we will be in the vicinity.Welsh class tonight.

Marydoll I am sorry you are so down after your appointment but good news there is another medication you can try.You are allowed to feel miserable at times when you have so much to contend with.Take care💪🏼💐

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Pantglas2 Tue 19-Mar-24 06:35:52

I’m another woken up by the tweeting this morning but I don’t mind as I’ve had my ration of sleep 😴

Another quiet day mooching around PG Towers and grounds (I love bigging my lovely nest up😂) as we’re promised more spring 🌞 again today - gosh it does lift my spirits so!

Hope everyone has a good day too and 💐 for those with troubles x

Bellasnana Tue 19-Mar-24 06:45:40

Good morning from Malta where we are expected to bask in 24°C today. I don’t remember such a warm winter in all my 42 years of living here.

Yesterday DD3 was working from home as it was Parents’ Day which is now conducted on-line.

I looked after the boys but littlest one knew Mum was there so kept trotting in and joining in on her meetings!

Whilst they were napping I took the opportunity to go and clean my filthy car which took me ten minutes so I had time to go and do a bit of grocery shopping.

There is a new store called Eurospin which has opened in competition with Lidl so I thought I’d have a look. Big mistake! I think half the island was in there so my quick dash to the shop took a lot longer than planned. The boys were still asleep when I returned so DD3 hadn’t been disturbed, thankfully.

Today is St. Joseph’s day which is a Public Holiday here so I have a day off. Nothing special planned , just a walk up to the village and a bit of pottering.

How brave of you to have shared your experience with others GM, you will certainly have made people more aware of what can happen.

Hope you are having a relaxing time Urms. Enjoy your few days away.

Wishing you all a good day. ☀️

Bonnybanko Tue 19-Mar-24 06:47:00

Good morning from a grey , windy and possibly wet day here on the east coast of Fife. I hear that b….. dog barking again.
I’ve got 2 friends popping in tiday one for a donation to primary school events the other to discuss when she can come for an evening meal.

Have a good day my friends - may the force be with you 🤣

NannyJan53 Tue 19-Mar-24 07:04:30

Good morning from a dull and wet Black Country.

Hopefully find some sun as we are off to Lanzarote today. Will land and be at our Hotel just in time for evening meal, hopefully.

Wishing you all the best day possible.

Urmstongran Tue 19-Mar-24 07:07:15

Good morning everybody from Málaga where it’s 15°C now and set to rise to 22°C with wall to wall sunshine. I am just enjoying TIB and will FaceTime Himself in an hour or so. He looked well yesterday and had me laughing as usual over his take on events.

I’m going to declutter some clip boxes of clothes this morning. I’m an ‘impulse buyer’ and boy does my randomness show! I’ve never had a ‘capsule wardrobe’ (I wish) and so end up with nice things that are difficult to match up as an outfit - a clash of patterns or colours that, although lovely in themselves don’t ‘go’ with much. There’s no hope for me really but if I get rid of some stuff I might be able to put together a few more stylish looks out of what I hang onto. Hmm. That’s the plan anyway.

And … ta da! This afternoon is Ladies Who Wine. Yay! Appointment at the hair salon down below first for my Tuesday wash and blow then up the road to ‘our’ bar. I’ve not told them I’m out and can’t wait to surprise them! I’ve carted several ‘Saga’ magazines out with me that I’ve read as they love them and can’t get them in Spain to buy or subscribe to. Plus bags of Thornton’s chocolates to give as Easter treats, so all in all, a lovely day ahead. Small pleasures in life are to be treasured aren’t they?

Here’s Matt. Enjoy your Tuesday.
x

Pittcity Tue 19-Mar-24 07:08:33

Good morning from a bright, dry Colchester. 11° rising to 15 later with no rain forecast.
I've washed my thick dressing gown and my padded coat and put them in the spare room wardrobe hoping they won't be needed for a while.
Charity shop volunteering today with no extra layers under my uniform.
Love to all 🦩 x

RosesandLilac Tue 19-Mar-24 07:09:55

Good morning from south Glos, a dull start to Tuesday here.
Yesterday DH dropped the dog and I off on his way to the village and we walked across the fields and home, it was wonderful to be out in sunshine but it clouded over before we got home.
My breathlessness is really starting to annoy me now; my urgent cardiology referral for a review, made January 2023 has resulted in a phone consultation appointment in May 🤷🏼‍♀️, I guess by then my breathlessness will be evident over a phone line. I can’t do much else about it.
Anyway, here’s to hoping that the sun shines today 🌹

luluaugust Tue 19-Mar-24 07:25:53

Good morning from a brightening W Kent. A short drive this morning to visit a friend for tea and chat. We both have bad backs so take it in turn to do the travelling, otherwise a quiet afternoon.
gM I am sure your talk was much appreciated.
Urms the sun sounds wonderful.
All the best

Alygran Tue 19-Mar-24 07:26:59

Good morning from North Yorkshire. We have just had some rain again but blue sky is emerging.
I had planned a gardening day as it was supposed to be fine. Instead I’ll deal with some admin and garden later if it dries up.
Have a good day everyone.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 19-Mar-24 07:29:54

Good morning from the South Downs. A dull day forecast but hopefully with little rain.

DHs back is bad so I’m taking on all household duties. Keeps me busy. More housework today. I must also change the hygienists appointment on Friday as I’ve just realised that it clashes with my sisters oncology appointment.

Hoping to get 10 minutes in the garden today. Steak and kidney pudding for supper - I’ll do it in the slow cooker I think. That should cheer DH up.

Have a good day all

Peace and harmony to our world.

monk08 Tue 19-Mar-24 07:36:17

Good morning all from the Black country.
NannyJan safe journey and enjoy your holiday, Urms enjoy your catch up with LWW I'm sure they will enjoy their Easter treats along with your company.
Quiet day here so perhaps make a start on clearing paperwork that needs shredding.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Gingster Tue 19-Mar-24 07:37:06

Good morning all - not as bright as yesterday.
A warm day with sunshine that ended up dull and chilly. I had a lovely lunch with my friend and got home at teatime.

Today Dh might go for breakfast with his two old school pals. He’d left his phone in the car and missed two messages inviting him out. 😤. They e probably made other arrangements now! 🙄.

I have Bridge this afternoon and there will be cake as it’s another members 80th birthday. We’re not supposed to know her age though! 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Urms your day sounds lovely. This break will do you the world of good.😉.

Enjoy the day and find something joyful. 🌷

GrannySomerset Tue 19-Mar-24 07:38:08

How lovely to read Urms’s upbeat post and share the sunshine with her and Bellasnonna, badly needed as we face yet another day of promised rain. Supermarket shop and WI on the cards for today, hope the talk is as useful as brave gMattie’s to her WI.

brook2704 Tue 19-Mar-24 07:39:43

Good morning from Inverness it’s dry but looks windy today
That’s an awful long time to wait for an appointment rosesandlilac hope things improve a bit soon, can’t be easy for you
Today I’m going to the gym for a class, then meeting my friend for a coffee afterwards and later a much needed hair appointment so a busy day ahead
Sounds like a lovely day planned Urms, enjoy every minute you deserve it! It’s good to hear your DH is doing well at home too.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

cornergran Tue 19-Mar-24 07:46:37

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset.

Carpet installed, eventually, good humoured fitters overcame an issue or two. Now we begin to put things back, may be finished at the weekend!

That took courage grandmattie, you’re a brave woman. Please pack some sun when you return urms, it seems to have decided to avoid us. Have fun this afternoon.

Must get a wriggle one or I’ll still be in the shower when the grocery delivery arrives.

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all,

BlueSapphire Tue 19-Mar-24 07:57:21

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton, but a dry day forecast, so I have all my cushion covers and a throw in the machine, so they will be nice and fresh for my wine evening tomorrow.

Wielded the.duster and polish yesterday, then gave the suite a good going over with the vacuum cleaner. Managed to get the towels washed, and dried them outside.

An early visit to M&S Food this morning to get the fresh stuff for tomorrow, and return an order, then if I am home in time, will attempt to join my walking group after lunch.

Urms have a great day! It sounds lovely!

Wishing all have an equally good day, if not in foreign climes.....

Kalu Tue 19-Mar-24 07:58:12

Good morning all from Glasgow. It’s wet and windy today but the clouds are breaking up and we now have sunshine.

We have a plumber coming today to fix a list of fiddly jobs, one less to be ticked off my list. I will be meeting up with my cousin later at our local garden centre for coffee. As it is far too early to plant anything yet at least we can have a look around at what’s on offer.
Grey I had no idea you had parakeets in Yorkshire. Whenever DD2 facetimes me from her garden in OZ, it’s difficult to ignore the constant noise they make, it would drive me crazy but she must be used to it now.

Have the best day possible all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 19-Mar-24 07:58:24

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I can hear the birds tweeting outside and it seems bright.
Housework today - we still haven’t sorted out a new cleaner. I may make a batch of lemon ice cream. It’s a family favourite. Maybe some little cakes too.
OH has his shooting club tonight and I’ll pop round to friends.
Good to hear from Urms and that GM was brave enough to speak to her WI.
Have a good day.