Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 18th March 2024

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 18-Mar-24 05:30:59

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start here in brackley .
A change of routine today ,I have a appointment outpatient wise at the Horton in Banbury as to cardiology an 18 month check up at around lunchtime , which change my normal routine a bit .
Hopefully get back and watch some cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 18-Mar-24 05:39:55

Good morning from Bristol. Had a bad night. I’m sure I’ll have a lot of those, so, hey ho!
I had a very happy pm from Urms. She’s arrived in Malaga, had her wine, etc. so pleased for her. Hope MD is ok.
Expecting to hear from the police today.
I’m due at the toddler group this morning and WI this afternoon. We’ll see if I attend either. I must go out as I’ve been isolating myself while all this mess was going on.
Nicer weather, so I’m hanging out my sheets to dry.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Grandmabatty Mon 18-Mar-24 05:55:08

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 7° and dry. Mick I hope your appointment goes well. GrandMattie see how you feel later about going out. You must feel bruised by it all.
Today is early childcare day. I had a good night's sleep for me and my sinus problems have all but gone, thank goodness. I'm not sure what dgs2 and I will get up to. Have a good day all.

Pantglas2 Mon 18-Mar-24 06:07:17

Good morning early birds on another dry day on the north Wales coast - all this sunshine is making me feel very springlike
🎶Tra-la 😂 and I’m glad Urms is getting the beach 🏖️ ready for my trip to mi Casa next month…

Well the ⚽️ went rather well…😉Mr PG wouldn’t agree but my dad and I are happy!

Another day in the garden with washing, summerhouse cleaning to be done - where do all those 🕷️ and flies come from?

Hope for some ☀️ and good news for all x

Ashcombe Mon 18-Mar-24 06:10:36

Good morning from a damp but mild Torbay.

I hope you manage to go out, grandMattie, as it might help to have the distraction of company. Perhaps the police will have some helpful news.

I'm glad you’re feeling better, Grandmabatty, ready for your DGSs and hope we hear news of Marydoll.

Good luck with your cardiology appointment, Mick.

Lidl and exercise class are on my timetable today.

Hope this week sees some warmer days as we approach the Equinox. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

RosesandLilac Mon 18-Mar-24 06:16:02

Good morning from south Glos, it’s a dry start here too, let’s hope it lasts.
I hung the washing out yesterdays, although it didn’t completely dry it’s lovely to have that line dried scent.
I did a couple of inches of my crochet blanket, it’s looking quite nice 😊
Have a lovely day everyone 🌹

Susan56 Mon 18-Mar-24 06:18:34

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry day forecast.

I am feeling better after a few quiet days.Yesterdays forecast rain didn’t materialise.DH mowed the lawns and I sat in the conservatory reading.We both enjoyed the day.

Today we are driving over to Cheshire to see my mum.The usual lunch out and shopping.

I agree with Grandmabatty grandMattie.Take all the time you need and go out when you feel up to it.

Glad you are finally feeling better Grandmabatty🥳Hope your appointment goes well Mick.

Have the best day possible everyone🦩and hope we hear from Marydoll today.

karmalady Mon 18-Mar-24 06:29:56

Good morning, seems that spring is arriving in somerset and we should be having a nice day

GM we were told that somerset is one of the few uk counties that has a dedicated fraud squad, other nearby counties have none, or perhaps one p/t officer. Avon and somerset police take fraud very seriously. I am glad you will be out and about today

www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2024/02/fraud-its-not-going-to-happen-to-me-is-it/

I salvaged the top that I made on saturday and also used the rest of the fabric, to make cool pyjamas, cool as in thin linen/viscose. I hate wasting fabric so felt satisfied with that and they are now in a drawer

Craft group this afternoon

cornergran Mon 18-Mar-24 06:35:37

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy, dry corner of Somerset

Indecisive weather yesterday, some brief spells of sunshine, cloud, drizzle and a chilly wind. A quiet, pottering day at home with a short foray for a very enjoyable lunch.

It’s finally carpet fitting day, our days will then resemble last week in reverse as we move things back. It will be good to have the jumble sale packed away.

As for re-engaging with your routine perhaps go with your instinct grandmattie. If you feel being with people will be good for you that’s fine but don’t push yourself. You need to mend. Small steps often work best. I also hope to hear from maryd and am pleased urms arrived safely. Good luck with your appointment mick.

Hope Monday is kind to us all.

Mizuna Mon 18-Mar-24 06:48:36

Good morning from Cornwall where it's bright and breezy with possible sun, though actually I prefer the atmosphere of the rainy days. Collecting larger paper-making frames today from the Amazon desk in our Post Office. Think I may have cracked a rib with all my coughing so a call to the doctor at 8o'clock is planned.

Alygran Mon 18-Mar-24 07:07:58

Good morning from North Yorkshire. A lovely bright start here.
Yesterday we had a terrific storm for about 15 minutes. It knocked the tv out and flooded the road. Then the sun came out.
Today I’m off to Richmond for the final session of the charity this term. Hoping to walk to Easby Abbey afterwards.
GM be kind to yourself and only do as much as you feel able to.
Urms good to hear you have arrived safely. Enjoy.
Marydoll Hope you are ok.
Have a good day everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 18-Mar-24 07:17:12

Morning all from a grey but currently dry West Oxfordshire.
It’s good to hear from you GM and I pray that things are sorted soon. Good to hear that Urms is ensconced in her Happy Place. Maybe MD will post today. I hope so.
The usual Waitrose shop today. OH is going to check on his bees. He moved them on Saturday from the Bee Association’s apiary to a friends farm.
I am hoping to hear that my stained glass plaque is ready. I think I’m going to buy some sort of wooden plinth for it, but need to decide where to display it.
Have a good day, especially those of you with difficulties.

GrannySomerset Mon 18-Mar-24 07:19:08

Lovely morning and an optimistic forecast so the week is off to a good start, a very welcome change. U3A meeting this morning and it will be nice to see people, and flower arranging this evening if I have the energy - we’ll see. Glad to know Urms has arrived safely and that Mattie is contemplating the world again, hoping the police visit is positive.

brook2704 Mon 18-Mar-24 07:21:08

Good morning everyone from Inverness, where it’s a mix of grey cloud and blue sky and about 7°
Take it slowly gMattie and just see how you feel. Thanks for the update on Urms, good to hear she’s arrived safely and settling back in
It’s the school run first thing then the gym this morning and I need to pop into town to collect an order from M&S
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Marydoll Mon 18-Mar-24 07:23:04

Good morning all, sorry I have been AWOL. I wasn't going to moan, but thought it might be better to explain. No-one wants to read the ramblings of a moaner, hence my absence!

I am struggling just now and and have retreated somewhat from life. It is blooming exhausting trying to be positive and upbeat and pretend I am fine. I look so well, that I'm sure people think I am a fraud, as do people on GN.! 😁
It is easier to disengage because I have become a very grumpy old and intolerant woman. 😉

My RA appointment was quite disappointing. My consultant agreed I am quite unwell, displaying all the symptoms of a major flare up. For the first time in years, there were no xrays, nor bloods done. It was obvious things were not good, so no point in wasting anyone's time.

The good news us I will start yet another a new treatment in six weeks time, but unfortunately my recent shingles vax and a second one due in two weeks make it too risky to start it earlier. Neither can I have steroids to reduce the inflammation and the pain, because my immunocompromised status already leaves me at risk of serious infection. Apparently catching a cold could have serious consequences.

There is no possibility of increased pain relief, because any more will leave it impossible to function and I do want some sort of life..
So I must grin and bear it for the next six weeks or seven weeks. A daunting task.
--I nearly wrote bare, now that would not be a pretty sight!!

The news got more depressing as the consultation progressed. Apparently the numbness in my foot is caused by nerve damage and my Carpal Tunnel has reared it's ugly head again.

I was also unaware that at my last consultation, my cardiologist had discharged me, because there is no treatment which will improve things, all that can be done is being done. The main reason for my continuing breathlessness is not my heart, but worsening COPD, so someone else will need to address that.

I won't bore you with the rest of it, there was more depressing news to be delivered..

However, my consultant complimented me on changing to an automatic car, which I should have done years ago and was delighted that I was determined not to give in.

Mr MD is golfing, so I have an empty, which I am looking forward too.

I hope your cardiology goes well Mick, remember to tell your clinicians about your breathlessness. A change of meds may help.

Thank you for your good wishes, especially one special GN friend, who checks up on me.
GMATTIE, glad to see you posting!

Enjoy your day and make the best of every opportunity.
I will go back to ready your posts now

GrannyGravy13 Mon 18-Mar-24 07:25:55

Morning all, hoping to see someone about my back today, it’s very sore.

(((Hugs))) to all in need.

Bonnybanko Mon 18-Mar-24 07:26:59

Good morning all from a windy and fairly cold day here on the east coast of Fife. I’m off to see my sister in law today she’s in a nursing home with advanced dementia, however she does seem happy enough. She’s not remembered me in yrs I just take her hand, talk for a few minutes then give her her chocolate and her favourite crisps. I’ll take a photo of us together so that I can send to other family members who have shared guardianship responsibilities but who live far away and unfortunately can’t get to see her as often as they would like to.

Have a good day my friends, keep warm and safe

grandMattie Mon 18-Mar-24 07:29:40

karma, thank you. I have to e interviewed by the police Serious Fraud office today, probably.
And, yes, both the bank and the police have been informed, very supportive and needing statements.

Greyduster Mon 18-Mar-24 07:31:33

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a sunny South Yorkshire.
Had a nice lunch out with DS and DiL, and spent the afternoon in the conservatory which the sun had warmed nicely. They are off to the Lake District today for a week. Though we did very little yesterday I was so tired I was falling asleep by eight thirty and was in bed by nine fifteen!
Today when the sun comes round to the back, I’ll finish weeding my rockery and have a run over to the garden centre.
Have the best day you can folks.

Gingster Mon 18-Mar-24 07:32:37

Good morning all and it’s sunny but chilly here in Essex.

We had a nice afternoon yesterday after roast dinner, with little DGD thinking up games for us to play. Dd gave me a book to fill in all about myself, and give back to her for when I’m not here anymore! 😂. I’ll have to put my thinking cap on and try to remember my past, while I still have some sort of memory . 🤯.

Today I’m meeting an old pal for lunch, which will probably last from midday until teatime. Lovely.

I hope Urms, Liberty and all on their holidays have a lovely time, and hope all poorlies are feeling a little brighter today.
GG look after your back 💐.

Pittcity Mon 18-Mar-24 07:33:04

Good morning from a dry, bright Colchester. We got very damp watching the DGSs play yesterday.
Housework, laundry and shopping today. The dirt has multiplied and the cupboards are bare.
Love to all 🦩 x

Grammaretto Mon 18-Mar-24 07:34:23

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. No sunshine yet but I am ever hopeful. I would love to hang out the washing but the sky is leaden.

I decided against the U3A walk today after my failure last time 😢
Instead a df is coming to re-hang my barometer which has been off the wall for at least 6 months.

I think those toddlers would take my mind off the fraud business gMattie and leave that to the police
Thanks for news from Urms

Glad you are better Grandmabatty

I had a busy but lovely Sunday - pottery, a tapestry exhibition, a friend for an impromptu meal and a tear jerking film.
I hope everything goes well for you all today.

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-24 07:38:25

Good morning everyone from sunny Málaga. I’ve just put the kettle on and opened the front door to have a look at the mountains opposite. Busy traffic six floors down and across the road a worker is busy with a bucket, cloth and squeegee cleaning all the windows of the bus stop shelter. Goodness I don’t think I’ve ever seen that done in England.

TIB then made by me. I’m going to FaceTime Himself in an hour or so (we’re ahead so it’s a bit too early to disturb him yet). I’m going for lunch downstairs with the lovely Glaswegian couple who keep an eye on our little place - check for water bursts etc (never happened but reassuring). The news from the tapas bar is so devastating. The owner, at the age of 51y, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer only last month and is receiving chemotherapy. Sheesh. Cancer strikes again. The bar only opens now on reduced hours. I feel for his wife and lovely family.

Enjoy your Monday folks whether you have plans or none. As grandMattie says “Carpe Diem” indeed.

Gala Mon 18-Mar-24 07:43:37

Good morning from a bright & milder Sefton. Sun & a gentle breeze is forecast for the rest of the day (&rain for the rest of the week) so I am up with the lark - my lark is a late riser - to get the rest of my holiday washing done & out on the line before we have to go to our singing session this morning. Definitely back to reality & our usual weekly routine. Will now make a cup of tea & catch up with everyone's busyness.
May today be the start of a better week for those of you struggling with life's difficulties at the moment.

monk08 Mon 18-Mar-24 07:53:35

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
grandMattie as others have said do as much as you feel able to no rush, thanks for the news from Urms.
Marydoll ramble and moan all you like rather that than your absence.
A quick trip to DS who's working from home to collect something, then if sun still shining a walk around the arboretum.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.