Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 17th March 2024

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 17-Mar-24 05:44:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark and wet start to the day here in brackley this morning.
Yesterday , had its problems as to shopping , in Bicester it was a case of queing up to use self checks as some were down, and even when using not functioning fully as there was a computer glitch.
Otherwise as normal , today a day at home with TV and housework including laundry .
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Sun 17-Mar-24 06:12:58

Good morning Mick and all who follow from a sulky Welsh 🏉 fan 😡 - too little, too late - again!

I’m taking a hammering this weekend because my team meet Mr PGs in the ⚽️FA cup at Old Trafford this afternoon and I can see which way that’s going to go…Utd aren’t doing so well and his are really flying!

Anyway…a trot for the Sunday papers will cheer me up no end - I saw two robins yesterday and a grey squirrel ambled across the road right in front of me as I stopped to retie my 👟

Will dash up to see Dad and a friend this afternoon before returning to watch MrPG mansplain and gloat….😱

Have a peaceful day everyone x

karmalady Sun 17-Mar-24 06:15:46

Good morning, it is raining in s somerset

I wasted a day yesterday, making a top that did not fit, poorly drafted pattern. Luckily it was free but it took hours of my time. It was cheap fabric, so no guilt there, that is why we make toiles. Not a nice way to end the day so I carried on knitting all evening and treated myself to a new knitting bag. Who needs handbags!!

No idea today, what will be will be

Have a good day

baubles Sun 17-Mar-24 06:21:44

Good morning from South Lanarkshire where it will probably rain.

I got a fair amount of housework done yesterday then had a long walk with the daft dug. Dry when we set off, soaked by the time we got home.

Mass this morning and a quiet afternoon I hope, I’m tired and groggy having been awake for several hours.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Greyduster Sun 17-Mar-24 06:21:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a very wet South Yorkshire where it’s just getting light. I slept badly and woke early this morning. I had lunch with DD and SiL yesterday and then came home in time to take advantage of a window of dry weather to finish some pruning, clean the bird bath and empty some water out of the water butt which of course will now be overflowing again!
DS and DiL are coming down today to take me out to lunch as they couldn’t get down on Mother’s Day. I wouldn’t wish the motorway on them on a day like this, but it will be nice to see them.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Susan56 Sun 17-Mar-24 06:31:54

Good morning from Shropshire where we have another day of sunshine and showers forecast.

A day of rest and reading today I hope.

Glad you are beginning to feel better Grandmabatty.I hope we hear from Marydoll today.

Bon voyage Urms🛫🌞💪🏼

Thinking of grandMattie and all worries and struggles.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Ashcombe Sun 17-Mar-24 06:33:57

Good morning from a soggy Torbay after a wet night.

I do miss seeing posts from grandMattie and hope things are being sorted out for her. Also, Mizuna hasn’t posted lately so I hope all is well with her.

It seems like a few of you have Spring fever with all your tasks indoors and in. What’s the secret of your energy, please? My get up and go seems to have got up and gone!

I’m playing for early church this morning then we have the AGM before the next service. It’s a good way of ensuring some folk attend it.

Every blessing. 🦩💐✝️🥰🦩

Ashcombe Sun 17-Mar-24 06:34:47

in = out!

Georgesgran Sun 17-Mar-24 06:43:05

Good morning from Durham. A mixed day of weather, is forecast. I’m going to a Northumberland seaside village for lunch with DD2 - looking forward to it.
Yesterday, I did a forest walk with DD1 - we saw deer and red kites and lots of frogspawn.
Hoping gM and Marydoll are ok.
Best wishes to all. X

grandMattie Sun 17-Mar-24 06:49:36

Good morning from Bristol.
First, may I thank you all for your kindness to a person you have never met, and whose situation is entirely due to her own gullibility. The fraudsters had me completely in thrall to them, Pavlovian, and completely brainwashed…
I have put what has happened on the unofficial WI website. I feel I need to try to stop anyone else being so caught. The stupid thing is that I knew about all the red flags, but was still completely taken in. I have also told people in church.
Apart from financial anxiety, I feel free, no longer worried about letting something out “while the internal fraud investigation was going on”. What a fool!!!
DD is being much more attentive, kinder and more present in her life. I have always tried to be independent, not asking her for help, etc. we have never been very close, she was her dad’s. But I realise that, again, pride has come between us. Pride, we are told, is one of the seven deadly sins…
Once again, thank you so much for all your kindness. It means a great deal to me.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

cornergran Sun 17-Mar-24 06:58:55

Morning Mick, morning All. Another soggy start to our corner of Somerset. Enough now!

Our granddaughters party was still in full swing when we left at 10 last night, as was our eight year old grandson who was having a wonderful time. Really enjoyed seeing all the happy faces, afraid the DJ’s insistence on the music getting louder with each track drove us away. We’re still delighted to see how well our son gets on with his former wife’s new partner. So much easier for our granddaughters.

Quiet one today. We’re as organised as we can be for the carpet fitting tomorrow. A table is booked for lunch, at some point I’ll do an admin catch-up, nothing strenuous.

I’m still in considerable pain as a result of one member of staff jerking my head and neck on Friday. The plan is to speak to PALS tomorrow to ask if I should use the NHS or the private contractors complaint procedure in the hope no other patient has the same experience in future. Wish me luck.

Safe travels urms, please bring some warm weather back with you. I’ll join you in the queue for an energy infusion ash. Enjoy your lunch greyd.

Hope Sunday is gentle with us all.

RosesandLilac Sun 17-Mar-24 06:59:40

Good morning everyone, it’s raining here on the hillside in south Glos 🙄
Hugs and love to you grandMattie, I very nearly did the same thing some months ago and, like you, I was almost taken in by the £@#&*%£. How despicable these people must be.
Yesterday apart from a lovely walk with the dog I did more of a crochet blanket- I’d started this one some months ago but after much hesitation I pulled it all back and restarted with a larger hook and a different pattern. It’s much more how I want it; I should have used a bigger hook from the start 🙄
Today a grocery delivery is due early, lunch to cook and I’d like to do some watercolour painting I think.
I hope today goes well for you all 🌹

cornergran Sun 17-Mar-24 07:02:05

X posts grandmattie. You sound lighter today, sharing your situation has helped I think. Please don’t blame yourself, these people are skilled at deception and very, very believable. Sending love x

Bellasnana Sun 17-Mar-24 07:20:02

Good morning from Malta where we have another lovely day.

So glad to see you posting again GM, like others I’ve been so worried about you. Please don’t reproach yourself, these scammers are the scum of the earth and it is easy to be taken in by them. I hope all will be sorted out soon and that you will get over the horrible experience.💐

I’ve been up most of the night watching tennis so will definitely be having a nap this afternoon to prepare for the men’s final which starts at 10pm our time,

I’m off to Mass later and a friend is joining me which will be a nice change although I’m used to doing things alone now.

Wishing you all a good day.☀️

Mizuna Sun 17-Mar-24 07:20:16

Thanks Ash, I'm here, just not been very well. Gm you do sound lighter, don't blame yourself.

While I've been under the weather I've been making paper from cut-up jeans. Also I added some PVA and made a small bowl by moulding it around a china one. Something I think the grandchildren will enjoy doing. Today I must go out, even if only to the café next door. Feel the need of seeing people and the outside world.

Mizuna Sun 17-Mar-24 07:21:40

Oh, I forgot the weather; sunny in Cornwall. 😄

Pittcity Sun 17-Mar-24 07:31:37

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Double figure temperatures.
I had the same problem in Sainsbury's yesterday Mick.
Glad Mattie is back here where she belongs.
Out early to watch DGSs playing football and rugby. Travel cuppa and big brolly in hand.
Roast beef tonight.
Love to all 🦩 x

Sar53 Sun 17-Mar-24 07:32:08

Good morning from the Essex coast where it has just started to rain. Poor DH has to go to the boy's rugby shortly, rather him than me.
Good to see you GM, we've all been worried about you.
As I've said on another thread I had a narrow escape from the scammers yesterday. It's left me feeling vulnerable so I understand a little of how you must be feeling. Scum of the earth these people.
Have the best day you can everyone xx

brook2704 Sun 17-Mar-24 07:34:17

Good morning everyone from a bright and dry Inverness with a sunny day forecast for later
So pleased to hear from you gMattie after a dreadful ordeal, sending ❤️
I’m looking forward to a face time call with DS this morning, we're away visiting him at the end of next week so really looking forward to seeing him in person. Then bit more gardening and digging out stuff before DGS arrives for his sleepover.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

luluaugust Sun 17-Mar-24 07:38:02

Good morning from a grey W Kent.
gM glad to see you back. Mizuna sorry you have been poorly.
Yesterday was quiet apart from phone call from DS. Today a walk and cooking lunch.
Best wishes to all

Grandmabatty Sun 17-Mar-24 07:39:15

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 8° and misty. It's been raining in the night.
GrandMattie I'm glad to see you posting again and that your daughter is being there for you. Mizuna I hope you feel better soon. Cornergran I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain after the mri. Definitely complain.
Yesterday I got all the housework done and the food shop too. I was pleased that my energy levels were returning. I put out my Easter decorations but they are sparse compared to the autumn ones. So a trip today to buy some suitable decorations. I have two gift cards to use, so it won't cost much. Later this afternoon I'll visit mum. Trout fillet with almonds and orange for dinner. Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Sun 17-Mar-24 07:40:10

Safe journey to Urmston to her happy place.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 17-Mar-24 07:41:30

Good morning from a wet and dismal South Downs.

Very pleased I spent all day in the garden yesterday - it was glorious, and I made inroads into the rockery and getting the water feature up and running. Waiting for a rubber plug to be delivered for the pump then I can pump out the existing dirty water, scrub it out and refill with rain water. The cascade is ready.
I sat with the dog in the sun for a while and a bumble landed on my upper arm and spent the time also enjoying the warmth. She was full of pollen and tidied up her legs leaving a tiny pile of pollen on my sleeve.

I was too tired (in a good way) to cook yesterday evening so we ordered tapas from a spanish restaurant and sat and enjoyed that with a glass of Rioja. It was the only meal we had indoors yesterday, breakfast and lunch in the garden🌞

Good to see you have your head above water gm.

Enjoy your break urms

Hopefully your mojo will return with the sun ash

Enjoy your day all.

Peace and harmony to our world.

Gingster Sun 17-Mar-24 07:48:08

Happy St Paddy’s Day ☘️. Mother in law always used to send a sprig over from Ireland. 🇮🇪

Good morning all and it’s good to see GM feeling more positive and Mizuna . We do miss regular posters and worry about them when we don’t ‘hear’ from them.

Yesterday we had a beautiful day here in Essex. As we hadn’t had rain for a few days decided to paint the front door. I prepared it and Dh painted it with the company of our neighbour chatting to him. Dh isn’t a good chatter so it was a bit one sided but that didn’t deter said neighbour 😂.
The door looks so much better but not quite the right colour, so maybe another coat is required. We’ll see!

Today it’s raining so I’ll pick up Dd and little DGD and take them for the weekly swimming lesson. They’ll come back here for roast chicken (sausages for the little one) 😤. Terrible eater!

I hope the day brings peace and happiness for us all.🌷

NannyJan53 Sun 17-Mar-24 07:49:15

Good morning from a very rainy Black Country.

Gym this morning, and it will be the last Zumba class on a Sunday as the gym is closing on Thursday.

The rest of the day will be spent packing, ready for our trip to Lanzarote on Tuesday. Sorted out my clothes yesterday, and managed a bag for the charity shop, winter clothes boxed and stored. I hope I don't need them when we are back!

gM I was so upset to hear what happened to you. It does show how we all need to be on our guard constantly. Glad you are feeling a little lighter now, and your DD is being supportive. Hoping your bank are being helpful in getting your money back!

Safe journey to Urms