Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 15th March 2024

(37 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 16-Mar-24 05:52:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight and looks grey and cloudy but dry at the moment here in brackley .
Today , I had planned just to stay in watch cycling all day but sticking to my routine of getting out for a couple of hours ,and then return to watch it on TV as its full race coverage the first 3 hours will not see much action .
Health wise weight creeping up but safely .
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Sat 16-Mar-24 06:03:48

Good morning from a calm and fine Torbay, if a little chillier than of late.

Yesterday I caught up with the ironing from the last few weeks! In the past, I would be up and ironing at this time very often, before beginning a full day's teaching. Oh, to have that much energy again!

No plans for today yet. Happy weekend, everyone! 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Pantglas2 Sat 16-Mar-24 06:10:31

Good morning Mick from a dark but dry north Wales coast - glad to hear you’re getting back to fighting weight again after your health issues.

Hope grandMattie is getting the help and support she needs with her nightmare banking woes. 💐 I suspect something like that would tip me into a decline because Mr PG leaves all things financial in my capable hands and I’d be devastated at the thought I’d somehow gotten things wrong 😱 Those criminals who prey on decent folks need shooting, as my dad always says!

I’m trotting off shortly on my biweekly march to the next town for my paper before settling in for this afternoon’s torture session - 🏉 hasn’t been the best for 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 this season so I’m ready to make use of the wooden spoon 👩🏻‍🍳 😢

Have the best day you can lovely peeps x🌞

Bellasnana Sat 16-Mar-24 06:16:39

Good morning Mick, Ashcombe and all to follow. It is another sunny day here in Malta with a high of 19°C expected.

I’m worn out after two straight weeks of getting up at 4am so am enjoying a leisurely morning. I shall have to go out as I’ve errands to catch up on although Saturday is the worst day to have to go out. Nowhere to park being the main problem.

Hoping the day is kind to you all, especially those with burdens of one kind or another. ☀️

Whitewavemark2 Sat 16-Mar-24 06:33:11

Good morning from a fine and sunny South Downs.

Gardening today - yippee! I am renewing and replanting the rockery and scree garden - it isn’t very big so not so onerous as it sounds, but I have neglected it, and it shows.

There have been a huge amount of big fat bumbles in the garden - so many that we’ve had to put up the fly screen o stop them bumbling into the conservatory. I keep finding one that has run out of fuel so have a little pot of honey with a cocktail stick permanently to hand so I can give them the tiniest drop and they suck it up and off they go.

My sister has been told by her oncologist that the melanoma that was removed before Christmas shows sign of spread by the scar - so another biopsy is planned. I will take her to East Grinstead next week.

And very sad but welcome news from my cousins that my aunt has died. She was 96, paralysed and in severe pain. She stipulated that there should be no funeral, so the plan is to scatter her ashes at Trebarwith - we will plan that some time.

Hope gm is recovering from her initial shock and is getting her ducks in place to recover her money. Undoubtedly her family is rallying around.

Talking of ducks - duck stirfry planned for supper.

Enjoy your day all - especially if you have no rain!!

Peace and harmony to our world,

cornergran Sat 16-Mar-24 06:49:17

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry corner of Somerset.

Yesterday afternoons MRI was a challenge. I was mightily relieved that I’d had several before and knew what to expect as the staff of the mobile (outsourced) facility were shall we say less than professional. How I wish I’d waited in the queue for our hospital and not accepted the appointment. I’m investigating the mechanism to send very negative feedback. The outcome will be assessed by the same organisation, sadly I have no faith in their expertise.

I couldn’t stop thinking about grandmattie yesterday, willing support to be in place Like Pantglas I’m the resident Chancellor of the Exchequer and dread a run in with scammers. I’m not at all sure I’d cope.

A quiet day ahead before heading off to our elder granddaughters 18th birthday party. A mix of her friends, family and other adult friends. It will be good to see the family enjoying themselves. Festivities will go on until the early hours. Suspect we’ll be in bed by ten!

Hope Saturday is kind to us all

karmalady Sat 16-Mar-24 06:56:54

Good morning from s somerset and a mainly dry day

I could not stop thinking about our GM and the utterly heartless scammers. My ds works in banking, IT and auditing, they have monthly meetings about scamming prevention, even he was almost caught out last year. I check my accounts every day, only ever use a credit card for purchases and have spread my savings between several banks/building societies. I never answer my phone if I don`t know the number. Never link into buying via an e mail. Actionfraud is a very good site. Never get sucked in by `friendly` strangers, not anywhere and that means hobby groups and church

I must blow this feeling away so will get myself out. I did a good hour in the garden yesterday and am hoping to go cycling soon

Have a good day

Kalu Sat 16-Mar-24 06:58:03

Good morning from Glasgow. 1deg and cloudy with a forecast of heavy rain all day. However, the sun is shining in the meantime.

Indoors it is then. If I’m in a busy mood there is always something to occupy my time if not, reading, knitting, basically, anything I feel like doing at my own pace.

Such a horrible time for you GM but I do hope you feel a bit less upset knowing the wheels are in motion to resolve this nightmare.

Hopefully a good Saturday is ahead for all especially for those with continual worries and illness to bear.

luluaugust Sat 16-Mar-24 07:09:51

Good morning from a bright W Kent. I have woken up with a sore throat but some shopping needs doing so I will have to go out. Otherwise a quiet weekend.
Sorry to read your sister needs more treatment wwm
Enjoy the 18th birthday party cornergran
Like everyone else I hope gM s problem is getting sorted out
Best wishes to all

Alygran Sat 16-Mar-24 07:17:14

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a much brighter day.
The plumber is calling this morning to discuss refurbishing the shower room. I want a walk in shower to replace the existing cubicle which is looking very tired.
Then I’m off on the train to York to go to the theatre to see Cluedo.
I hope gm is over the initial shock and the wheels are in motion to recover her funds.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Sat 16-Mar-24 07:18:31

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Mick has confused me with the date again.
DH took DGS1 fishing overnight so it's very quiet here.
I've got a bit of shopping to do this morning and can get a load of washing on the line!
Love to all 🦩 x

Georgesgran Sat 16-Mar-24 07:19:46

Good morning from Durham.
You’ve the date incorrect again Mick - it’s got me confused.
However, my birthday was defo 14th, which was Thursday and I thank various GNs for their good wishes. I had a great day, saw the DDs for a cheeky glass. However, saddo that I am, the highlight was that I may actually outlive my teeth, as no work was needed at the dentist, bar a good clean.
It’s quite sunny here today, so I’m going for a forest walk with DD1 and her family later. I’ll get DD2’s laundry washed and dried around that.
I’m hoping gM will get her money back from the bank. I’m a little like Karma with my finances and as for the calls saying my card has been debited for thousands - I just hang up, but they never give up.
Best wishes to all. X

kittylester Sat 16-Mar-24 07:19:56

Good morning all from a bright but cold North Leicestershire.

This morning I have a hair appointment. I am having my colour done and a shorter style so could be quite a while - luckily, the hairdresser is a long time friend so an enjoyable catch up as well.

Have the best day possible everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 16-Mar-24 07:32:31

Morning all, a quick pop to local shops first thing. The Imp has got a birthday party to go to at lunchtime (soft play) I am going along with DD as he will need a lot of careful watching and TLC his ear is still very sore and we do not want him to knock it in case the glue detaches.

Thinking of granMattie

🙋‍♀️

Grammaretto Sat 16-Mar-24 07:33:03

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. There's ice on the ground but at least it's not snowing or raining.

The cake is in the oven and I just need to pick and arrange the flowers for the café tables.

I am teaching a small pottery class later this morning. I hope everyone is well wrapped up as my studio has a stone floor.

Last night turned into a small dinner party. I lit the fire and opened a bottle of wine. My friend enjoyed meeting the Canadian girls.

Sorry to hear your sad news wwm
It must feel a lot all at once.

I hope gMattie can join us again soon with better news.

Shocking how easy it is to fall victim.
I had to change ny bank details recently as I suspected fraud.

Have a lovely day everyone.

RosesandLilac Sat 16-Mar-24 07:35:38

Good morning, it’s gloriously sunny with clear blue skies here in south Glos, what a lovely start to the weekend!
Yesterday I cleared the ironing pile and cooked a haggis for lunch- utterly random choice but we enjoyed it with parsnip, carrot and potato mash, peas and gravy 😋
Off for a dog walk shortly.
Have a lovely weekend 🌹

brook2704 Sat 16-Mar-24 07:35:46

Good morning everyone from Inverness, where it’s a sunny bright start to the day
Yesterday we had rain all day so I’m hoping it’s going to be brighter today and I can get out in the garden, I’ve lots of things planned to be getting on with and another trip to the garden centres is on the cards again soon.
Our forecast today isn’t too bad kalu so I’m hoping you get some sunshine too and you can get outside for a little while
Enjoy the show Alygran it sounds good
Thinking of GM and hoping some resolution is being worked on
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Susan56 Sat 16-Mar-24 07:36:10

Good morning from Shropshire.Dry at the moment with rain forecast later.

Like others I have been thinking about grandMattie and hope she is getting the support and help she needs.

The sad events of the last couple of weeks have caught up with me so we have cancelled our weekend plans and will just have a quiet couple of days at home🤞🏻

I hope Grandmabatty is feeling better after a restful few days and that Marydoll found her appointment yesterday helpful.

Thoughts to all struggling.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

monk08 Sat 16-Mar-24 07:36:19

Good morning after overnight frost it's a lovely sunny start to the day here in the Black country.
Trip into town for the post office so inconvenient the closure of our local one, then back for a date with the iron.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans, thoughts with GM ☀️

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 16-Mar-24 07:37:23

Morning all from what seems a bright and sunny West Oxfordshire.
OH is off early to move his bees to a new venue on a friend’s organic farm. He has had them at his Bee organisation’s apiary for a year and now must move them and take full responsibility. He’s a bit nervous.
I have things to do including more WI admin and collecting a click and collect order from our nearby Waitrose. We had a (jointed) whole lamb delivered yesterday. I will cook some chops tonight!
Best wishes to GM and I pray her bank nightmare is resolved very soon.
Urms must be so excited about tomorrow! 😎

Jaxjacky Sat 16-Mar-24 07:41:32

Morning from sun and frost in S Hants, looking at a shower replacement here too Alygran, future proofing.
Today is newspaper and sport, MrJ will be rooting for Ireland in the rugby, I’ll quietly will England on.
Thinking of Urms getting ready for the off, a deserved break and hoping gMattie is being rescued.
🦩🦩

Greyduster Sat 16-Mar-24 07:56:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is blazing in South Yorkshire for a change. I slept right through until 7.25 - very unusual for me. My thoughts too with GM for most of yesterday. Her predicament shook me to the core, TBH.
Today I will finish some pruning that the weather interfered with on Thursday and drive over to have lunch with DD and SiL. Then home for a general tidy up as DS is coming down tomorrow. He has booked lunch in a local pub.
Alygran, we saw Cluedo here last year. It was the funniest thing any of us had ever seen. The whole audience were in fits! Hope you enjoy it! We are hoping to see Cluedo 2 later this year.
Have the best day you can folks.

Gingster Sat 16-Mar-24 08:02:23

Good morning all and it’s bright but chilly here in Essex.

Yesterday we were treated to lunch by our friend for his 75th birthday. 11 of us , so a hefty bill for him. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. All the chaps have their 75ths this year, so he’s set a presidence. 😂😂.

A quiet day here I think, 🤞, although there’s always something that crops up. A bit more clearing in the garden, ds1 might come and dig a few big roots up. Last time he broke the spade! 🫣. I’ll carry on with my crochet and read a book. I’ve given up on the last two books I’ve been reading. Life’s too short.

GM I hope your finances get sorted quickly to ease your mind. 💐.

Enjoy your day 🌷

Grandmabatty Sat 16-Mar-24 08:06:39

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 1° and dry. There is some ice on the cars.
Susan thank you for your concern. I'm actually starting to feel a bit better, yesterday and today. My thoughts are with GM still. Susan a quiet weekend sounds like it would do you good.
Yesterday I looked after dgs2 for a couple of hours while dd had her hair done. He was a wee sweetheart. It did tire me out so I had a lazy afternoon. Dd had made me a chicken, ham and leek pie for dinner. Apparently dgs1 had said, " I hate f**king leeks."😱 Dd was impressed that he used it in the correct context but nevertheless he he was told not to say it again.
Today I'll go to Aldi for food then do my usual housework. I'm getting the Easter/ spring decorations out this weekend but that's all I've planned. The rest of the chicken, ham and f**king leek pie for dinner.

Urmstongran Sat 16-Mar-24 08:15:43

Good morning everybody from south Manchester. We are up early, had TIB with toast (made by Himself who said “tea tomorrow morning then I get 5 days off”. Aw! He’s just gone out for his morning stroll in the sunshine.

Yes, I’m excited LLFL 😁 my Jet2 flight is 14:30hrs tomorrow very civilised. My bag is in the hall winking at me …

I may bore you all yet from sunny Málaga where 25°C is forecast for the days I’m there. Don’t they say sun shines on the righteous?

I’m minding L’il Miss in a couple of hours. We shall pop into the library and have a wander round the shops in the square below. Later I’m off to the Trafford Centre for a pair of shoes I’ve seen on line in Dune. I’ve reserved a pair in John Lewis just need to pick them up. I intend to wear them to the airport tomorrow.

Right, best get a wriggle on as I want to make my darling man a pan of his favourite beef stew, by request. The way to a man’s heart eh?

Here’s Matt.
x