Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 14th March 2024

(80 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 15-Mar-24 05:37:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Still dark with signs of overnight ran here in brackley this morning.
My usual routine of things bus to Bicester , plus yesterday had a email as to a west end show , the coach firm who do the trips took note of my suggestion as to going to see Phantom in London , they have chased it up and have given a date and now taking bookings for later this year.
Me apart from usual routine a quiet day.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Fri 15-Mar-24 05:52:09

Good morning from Bristol
Mick it is 15th today, the Ides of March!
I am still reeling from the realisation that I have been caught up and in thrall to the most elaborate financial fraud, handing them every last farthing I own. Police and bank are now involved 😢
Don’t feel like posting for a while. Sorry chaps
Carpe diem.

loopyloo Fri 15-Mar-24 06:00:16

So very sorry to hear that GrandMattie.
Glad to hear police and banks involved.
All best wishes.

karmalady Fri 15-Mar-24 06:02:00

Good morning, more rain coming to somerset today

I don`t know when I will get around to cleaning the green off my patios, whatever feeds on algae will be having a heyday

I need to do a walk first thing, I did one yesterday and went into robot mode, I had intended to go the route of the lower hill but found myself lost in thought and on the way to the steep hill. I think my brain was telling me something because I managed that hill without too much puffing. I don`t like that hill but it is much cheaper than the gym

I never thought I would get so many indoor pottering days at this time of the year but so be it and another one for me today. I won`t waste the day but would rather be working outside

Have a good day

karmalady Fri 15-Mar-24 06:03:05

Oh GM, I am so very sorry

Ashcombe Fri 15-Mar-24 06:05:25

Good morning from a damp Torbay.

Oh, grandMattie, I am so sorry to hear this. You must be feeling ghastly. There are no words for those who do this. Let's hope the police catch the fraudsters and I’m sure the bank is being supportive to you. It's understandable that you wish to withdraw from here for a while. You give so much of yourself to others in terms of time and talents. I hope support is there for you now, dear lady. 💐

Anything I had in mind to say seems trite by comparison so I’ll sign off. 🥀

baubles Fri 15-Mar-24 06:13:29

It’s another dark dismal start to the day here in South Lanarkshire.

grandMattie that’s appalling, I’m so sorry this has happened to you, a person who gives so much thought to others. flowers

Pantglas2 Fri 15-Mar-24 06:14:51

Oh dear grandMattie that’s horrible news - hope it all gets sorted, and quickly!

Ash is right…feels a bit off to start waffling about my trivial pursuits for this weekend so I’ll wish everyone some 🌞 and 🌷 to those with worries and trying times at the moment xx

grandMattie Fri 15-Mar-24 06:16:23

Thank you. I got totally caught up in the good neighbour thing of “helping the ‘bank’ deal with insider fraud.
DON’T ANY OF YOU GET CAUGHT!!!

Susan56 Fri 15-Mar-24 06:21:14

Good morning from Shropshire.

I am so sorry grandMattie.I hope that you are getting help and that things are sorted quickly.

ilovepuffins Fri 15-Mar-24 06:23:24

Just want to send my best wishes to GrandMattie
These fraudsters are wicked and this must be so stressful for you.
I am sure you will have lots of support from friends and family as well as the bank etc and remember to be kind to yourself too.

Georgesgran Fri 15-Mar-24 06:37:03

Good morning from Durham - I thought I was having a double birthday, with Micks incorrect date.
Not going to waffle either, in view of gM’s devastating news. It’s a wake up call that we must never say never!

Otherwise, just best wishes to all. X

Greyduster Fri 15-Mar-24 06:40:45

Good morning, Michael and all GNs.
Mattie I’m truly shocked. I hope your bank are supporting you in every way they can. 💐💐

Grandmachrisy47 Fri 15-Mar-24 06:43:38

Grandmattie, I’m so sorry to read your post. Look after yourself, 💐

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 15-Mar-24 06:43:45

Good morning from the Canary Islands, dry but not quite dawn here, clear sky though and it’s going to be a warm day.

GM let’s hope you have a swift resolution and that the fraudsters are caught. Sending love and hugs to you.

Georgesgran belated Birthday greetings, hope you had a good day.

Have as good a day as you can folks.

GrannyIvy Fri 15-Mar-24 06:45:41

I am also very sad to read your post GM. These are very clever people who can sound so plausible don’t they!! DH was scammed by someone posing from Virgin last year they had all his details and it took a while to sort but got there eventually …So stressful. Our thoughts are with you and do hope you get this sorted out quickly💐

annsixty Fri 15-Mar-24 06:46:49

Good morning all.
So sad to read GrandM’s post and sending kindest thoughts.
I hope you get it sorted quickly and the perpetrators are caught.

NotAGran55 Fri 15-Mar-24 06:50:10

So sorry to read your appalling news grandMattie I hope you get the full support of your bank and the authorities and that you are reimbursed under the code of practice.

Bellasnana Fri 15-Mar-24 06:50:41

Good morning from Malta where it’s sunny and 19°C.

So very distressing for you dear GM. It has happened to me so I understand the horrible sick feeling. 😞

Not going to waffle either.
Best wishes to all.☀️

TopsyIrene06 Fri 15-Mar-24 06:54:39

GM. Just dipping in to say what shocking news for such a kind lady.

brook2704 Fri 15-Mar-24 07:00:42

Good morning everyone from a very wet Inverness

Oh GM so very sorry to hear that, how distressing for you ❤️

Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles today, take care all whatever the day brings 💐

cornergran Fri 15-Mar-24 07:04:36

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset

So sorry this has happened to you grandmattie. I’m angered on your behalf. Hope there is good personal and professional support for you x

Thinking of all finding life hard going.

Sar53 Fri 15-Mar-24 07:07:19

Good morning all.
GM I am so sorry to hear your news, what a terrible thing to have happened. Lots of love to you xxx

Bonnybanko Fri 15-Mar-24 07:09:16

Good morning all it’s been pouring with rain all night long, however the sun has come up even if it’s a little foggy looking it’s not so cold on the east coast of Fife.
Sorry to hear about your devastating news GM hope the b..s are caught and well and trully punished, please be very careful in future I’ve nearly been scammed several times these crooks are very clever.
Be safe my friends they’re everywhere

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 15-Mar-24 07:10:30

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.
Golly GM, I’m so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully the whole situation will be sorted out pdq.
We are having a whole lamb (jointed) delivered today!