Gransnet forums

Chat

Sussex versus Prince of Wales.

(245 Posts)
Whethertomorrow Thu 14-Mar-24 23:16:16

Tonight William and Harry are delivering award in recognition of their mother in what seems to be a carefully choreographed event, that keeps them apart. But….
Today Meghan has announced her new ventures and whilst William is being centre stage, the Sussexes (?) have announced a large cash award from archewell.

Why? Do they not realise that people know that the timing is deliberate. Who is driving this spiteful behaviour. It’s all so unnecessary in my humble opinion.

I’ll retire behind settee now with my tin hat on awaiting the chorus of oh no not Meghan and Harry again!

Grams2five Thu 14-Mar-24 23:27:06

Of course they realize it 😂. They just don’t have enough class to care it seems. I can only imagine the fuss these two will be trying to kick up should William become King. One can only hope by then they’ve finally retired to the “private life”
They so desperately claim to want.

Chestnut Thu 14-Mar-24 23:34:26

They are making our RF a laughing stock by association, and are utterly shameful and shameless. This spiteful behaviour just shows how bitter and jealous they really are. The timing is so painfully obvious, I just hope the yanks will realise that but I'm not sure they will.

welbeck Fri 15-Mar-24 00:02:03

the yanks, as you call them, realise more than you imagine.

Aveline Fri 15-Mar-24 06:36:28

The RF are not the laughing stock. H&M are.

LadyGracie Fri 15-Mar-24 06:48:32

Agreed Aveline.

What a poisonous pair they are!

Pantglas2 Fri 15-Mar-24 07:03:58

Am I the only one to feel conned by Meghan?

I had such high hopes when they married and she seemed to be an amazing new addition to the RF. I was disappointed that they chose to cut and run because everything wasn’t going their way. Harry always knew there was a pecking order - surely he explained the system to her?

Now everything seems sullied by an underlying sly attempt at oneupmanship from across the pond while the RF carry on regardless. I wish the Sussexes were happier with their lot and didn’t feel the need to compete and come off second best - it all feels sad to me, and worse, I feel I’ve been had!

M0nica Fri 15-Mar-24 07:09:18

The careful choreography is on one side only - and it is not this side of the Atlantic.

H&M, are becoming a sideline in history - just as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor did.

Sarnia Fri 15-Mar-24 07:40:26

Their timing and actions are always deliberate and meant to hurt. Naming their daughter Lillibet, being just one in a long list.

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-Mar-24 07:58:17

I do not think Meghan expected to lift a finger when she first married Harry. I think she expected to be a princess and sit in Windsor Castle dishing out orders to the staff, thinking that she had married a family with oodles of spare cash.

She either was not prepared sufficiently for life ahead or more to the point took no notice and thought she could change it all within no time.

petra Fri 15-Mar-24 08:02:47

I wasn’t fooled. I could see from the go get that she was as false as a nine bob note.

Sparklefizz Fri 15-Mar-24 08:05:24

Meghan is fake. All her banging on about kindness and compassion - it's all false. Actions speak louder than words.

Marriedalongtime Fri 15-Mar-24 08:10:05

welbeck

the yanks, as you call them, realise more than you imagine.

We met a couple from America on holiday in Scotland last year and her very words were ‘our country feels desperately ashamed of her and very sorry that your country has to put up with her’

Aveline Fri 15-Mar-24 08:12:42

We met some Americans on holiday who told us how lovely they thought it was that the then baby was called Lilibet. Once we explained the crass nature of this incredibly tactless, tasteless thing to do they were appalled.

Clawdy Fri 15-Mar-24 08:13:18

Yet another pathetic thread denigrating Harry and Meghan. So boring and predictable, such venom. They can do no right, Saint Kate and William can do no wrong (although that may be changing....)

fancythat Fri 15-Mar-24 08:15:52

I think she has issues from childhood.
Whether she is a minx, or whether she is a product of her childhood, that maybe for a therapist to unravel.

lemsip Fri 15-Mar-24 08:21:55

clawdy perhaps you should read/watch the news instead of responding to other posts knowing nothing about the current issue!

Iam64 Fri 15-Mar-24 08:42:58

What makes you think Clawdy isn’t up to date with ‘the news’ lemsip?
No surprises when I agree with her views on the venom that pours out whenever H and / or M appear .

Oreo Fri 15-Mar-24 08:50:11

Iam64

No surprises when I agree with her views on the venom that pours out whenever H and / or M appear .

H and M deserve it tho.
Talk about history repeating itself, they are the new Duke and Duchess of Windsor, selfish, petty and full of their own self importance standing bitterly on the sidelines that they chose themselves.

MissInterpreted Fri 15-Mar-24 08:56:02

lemsip

clawdy perhaps you should read/watch the news instead of responding to other posts knowing nothing about the current issue!

Unfortunately on this forum, it seems that anything H&M do is bad while K&W can do no wrong. The situation isn't as black and white as many would seem to believe. I'm no fan of the Royal Family in general, but many people on here do seem to have a very rose-tinted view of them.

Cossy Fri 15-Mar-24 09:03:54

Iam64

I too agree! They may have an agenda, they may not! I do not know ANY of the RF personally so cannot “judge” them at all.

For all we know Harry could have contacted his DG and run the idea of the name past her, and even if he didn’t he lost his Mum at a young age, having been part of a very public marriage breakdown of his parents, and (reportedly) was very close the HRH Queen Elizabeth, so no doubt was very upset at her death.

He made some catastrophic errors of judgement with his Oprah interview and book BUT he and his wife are human beings, flawed like the rest of us.

Funny how short are memories are, our King was (allegedly) an adulterer throughout his marriage, after their very public separation both he and The Princess of Wales gave disastrous TV interviews.

Edward and Andrew both made “mistakes” in their lives, Edward then went on to completely redeem himself, his brother sadly didn’t!

Whatever H&M do will be wrong and is, frankly, none of anyone’s business except theirs!

Oreo Fri 15-Mar-24 09:05:34

I don’t think it’s that so much ( rose tinted views) just that it’s easy to see that Harry and Meghan, after a fairytale wedding put on at great public expense have cut and run for the good life of being paid to be celebs while the other brother, wife and family get on with their duties.

Iam64 Fri 15-Mar-24 09:09:05

Oreo - they made their choice and it’s not difficult to understand why.

MissInterpreted Fri 15-Mar-24 09:10:18

Oreo

I don’t think it’s that so much ( rose tinted views) just that it’s easy to see that Harry and Meghan, after a fairytale wedding put on at great public expense have cut and run for the good life of being paid to be celebs while the other brother, wife and family get on with their duties.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all, but I don't think it's a case of one side all bad while the other can do no wrong.

Cossy Fri 15-Mar-24 09:15:02

Oreo

It’s very easy to see from the outside, we, normal Joe Public, have zero idea of what actually happens within the RF!

I agree their conduct has been very questionable, I agree they’ve made enormous errors of judgement, I do not agree that they are toxic evil people! Due to the choices they made they have to make a living. They are damned if they do, damned if they dont!

Historically within our RF the “spare” always has a totally different role and even upbringing, it often leads to division. Look at Prince Andrew, look at Princess Margaret.

I just hope the current Prince and Princess of Wales do something different with future King George! Though none of us will be around to Dawn over him.