Gransnet forums

Chat

Trump

(214 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 05-Mar-24 12:35:33

Clearly the Republicans want him and clearly the blob is scared of him.

I predict he'll win bigly.

šŸ˜

Syracute Tue 05-Mar-24 12:38:45

Um, no . There are more than a few sane people in the USA .

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 05-Mar-24 13:06:11

This is the second thread youā€™ve started about this vile, misogynistic monster. You seem obsessed with him.

Btw is ā€˜biglyā€™ a word?

annodomini Tue 05-Mar-24 13:08:45

'Bigly' is a recognised 'Trumpism!

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 05-Mar-24 13:11:41

I might have known. šŸ™„

GrannyGravy13 Tue 05-Mar-24 13:11:55

I am already finding the coverage on every news bulletin here in U.K. rather tiresome.

Unless something spectacular happens my prediction is a final contest between President Biden and President Trump (all past POTUS are always referred to as President) and a win for President Trumpā€¦

Urmstongran Tue 05-Mar-24 14:28:20

Oh come on! 2 threads? šŸ˜
Does it matter - those not interested will scroll past.

Casdon Tue 05-Mar-24 14:34:46

He is the blob Urmstongran.

Urmstongran Tue 05-Mar-24 14:44:17

I think this time around as POTUS he will be more savvy. Heā€™ll know the ropes. Perhaps not such good news for Ireland, the EU and China though.

NotSpaghetti Tue 05-Mar-24 14:47:49

Or anyone, in my opinion Urmstongran (except the man himself)!

Cossy Tue 05-Mar-24 14:55:12

Urmstongran

I think this time around as POTUS he will be more savvy. Heā€™ll know the ropes. Perhaps not such good news for Ireland, the EU and China though.

I find it impossible to believe heā€™ll be ā€œmore savvyā€ In my view heā€™s a narcissistic, sexist, racist, raving lunatic!

Whilst heā€™s not our problem, sadly as POTUS, a very powerful nation, heā€™s a danger to us all.

Look at how the US stepped back a 190 years last time! Trying to overturn Obama care, allowing States to ban abortions, people with US citizen but born abroad barred from returning, the whole Mexican Wall rubbish, mocking a disabled journalist, denying Covid then putting forward the most ridiculous solutions! Why ANYONE in their right right mind would ever vote for him us utterly beyond me!

He cannot even manage his own personal fortune, let alone a countryā€™s finances!

Heaven help us all!

tanith Tue 05-Mar-24 15:15:42

Syracute

Um, no . There are more than a few sane people in the USA .

Seriously? No one believed heā€™d win last time and here we are again. What a choice!

SeaWoozle Tue 05-Mar-24 15:23:29

If Trump gets in, which I suspect he might, we're all in trouble. He and Putin will be dangerous together.....

Urmstongran Wed 06-Mar-24 08:29:03

Well last nightā€™s polling was amazing for Trump. Nikki Haley secured one state only - out of 15. Huge wins for Trump!

America and the UK have some similar problems. Theyā€™re getting Trump next.

Weā€™re getting Starmer.
Lucky America.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Mar-24 08:36:00

urms what is it that you like about Trump.

How do you reconcile your support with the law suites , and his already being found guilty for sex related crimes and fraud, and yet more to come?

I am truly interested was I canā€™t begin to understand at the moment.

Sarnia Wed 06-Mar-24 08:42:49

Trump and Starmer. Heaven help us all.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 06-Mar-24 09:01:15

lucky America? I really, really donā€™t understand your support for this disgusting criminal.

Nanatoone Wed 06-Mar-24 09:07:19

Like many, it both surprises and astonishes me that the people capable of becoming president of the USA number so few. You cannot compare Sir Keir Starmer with the crazy people voted for by Americans. He is a former DPP and has come from a humble background. Some people here are deluded about the corrupt Tories, let alone the corrupt US political system.

Cossy Wed 06-Mar-24 09:17:06

Urmstongran

Well last nightā€™s polling was amazing for Trump. Nikki Haley secured one state only - out of 15. Huge wins for Trump!

America and the UK have some similar problems. Theyā€™re getting Trump next.

Weā€™re getting Starmer.
Lucky America.

Aside from wanting to be ā€œcontroversialā€ how on earth can you EVER compare Trump and Starmer? Trump and Johnson Iā€™d almost understand, at least they have some things in common, opening mouths before engaging brain and lying?

What on earth has Starmer done to you?

Urmstongran Wed 06-Mar-24 09:22:47

Trump is Marmite. I happen to like both.

He is a patriot. Not a dyed in the wool politician with all the wheeler dealings that involves. Heā€™s not afraid to speak his mind and gets things done. He really does put America first. Heā€™s strong and charismatic. A powerful man in many ways. He says what the American people (who havenā€™t benefited from the trickle down effect) who feel overlooked want to hear. ā€œDrain the swampā€. They know it exists and are sick of it. Many feel they have nothing to lose they have been neglected for so long. Rednecks or (like here?) Red Wall voters. They admire his strength and passion for the USA. As do I.

And the indictments? šŸ¤£
Manufactured froth by the Democrats.

Urmstongran Wed 06-Mar-24 09:24:23

No Cossy you donā€™t get it. Starmer isnā€™t a strong LEADER. Which is why I said ā€˜Lucky Americaā€™. I wish we had one.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 06-Mar-24 09:25:53

Manufactured froth? You are seriously deluded Urms. I expect you will still think heā€™s wonderful when heā€™s running the US from a jail cell.

Urmstongran Wed 06-Mar-24 09:35:10

He wonā€™t be though!

maddyone Wed 06-Mar-24 09:35:14

I donā€™t like Trump and if he gets in, I think Ukraine is lost. I hope Iā€™m wrong.
I donā€™t think Starmer is anything like Trump, but I think heā€™s weak. Heā€™s not a leader, anymore than Sunak is.

Casdon Wed 06-Mar-24 09:37:31

Hitler was a strong Leader Urmstongran, as is Putin - clue, massive egotists who think their way is the only way. There are dangerous parallels between them and Trump, which are as obvious as an open barn door to the thinking person.