Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 7th December 2022

(52 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 07-Dec-22 05:50:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside plus cold here in brackley this morning.
Yesterday , I did mange to eat plenty due to the endoscopy on Monday to regain strength after a long period without any food .
I also bused via Buckingham to return home but the people I have got to know were not about .
Today bus to Bicester finish my xmas gifts for family members .
Take Care,
Mick

Litterpicker Wed 07-Dec-22 11:11:28

Good morning from sunny West Sussex. No frost here, being by the sea. I must move some pelargoniums inside and fleece-wrap the one year old apricot tree in a pot before it gets any colder.

I have lunch with book club today. We are going to a cafe rather than someone having to host. We read The Colony by Audrey Magee, beautifully written but rather flat emotionally, I thought. Looking forward to seeing what the others think.

I am another who is procrastinating on Christmas cards. Really must make a start.

luluaugust that’s the kind of thing that happens to me regularly. I hope the rest of the day goes better.

Wyllow hope things are finalised soon 💐

Georgesgran what a hard time your daughter is having with her feet. I hope things will improve for her - such a worry for you.

Shazza hope elf no 2 is not lonely without his companion - I have only just learned about Elf on the Shelf 🤣

It’s time I got ready to go so good wishes to all having a hard time. Hope for the best day possible for all.

Blossoming Wed 07-Dec-22 10:22:47

I love Henley on Thames Hollysteers, my ex employer’s offices are close to Henley and we used to have meetings and celebrations there. I was last there at the beginning of 2022, celebrating my retirement.

Blossoming Wed 07-Dec-22 10:18:01

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s bright and frosty in this corner of Lancashire, currently -1°C.

Shopping is done and put away. I have done some laundry so will hang it out to air for a while.

I will read all your news now while I drink my tea. I hope everyone finds some sunshine today.

Taichinan Wed 07-Dec-22 10:12:01

Urms I too would love to know where peli is. Everyone else on here has bright frosty weather ........ Perhaps not the UK,?

hollysteers Wed 07-Dec-22 09:51:44

Good morning from sunny Berkshire
I go home today via London and that dratted cold has nearly gone.
DD took me to Henley on Thames yesterday new to me and a lovely place to see.
Not long now grandMattie and thoughts to all with worries.
Will read through properly on the train home

Georgesgran Wed 07-Dec-22 09:51:16

Good morning from a very cold, but dry and bright Durham. After two days of running around, like a blue a***d fly and chasing my tail, I’m going to have a house day to write out my cards and assess which bits and bobs I need to buy to take down to Cheshire next week.
DD2’s foot is still causing some concern and she now has mysterious ‘marks’ on her other foot. When she was at the dressings clinic on Tuesday, one nurse thought it could be chilblains, but the other two said not. She has such poor circulation that her feet are always cold and vary from being dark red to purple in colour most of the time – the advice was to try and keep them as warm as possible without risking any damage. I have such an a lot of other things going on at the moment, but her health must take priority.
Best wishes to all. X

aggie Wed 07-Dec-22 09:47:24

Good morning it’s bright and frosty !
Off to club this morning , craft and a raffle … be still my beating heart !

BlueSapphire Wed 07-Dec-22 09:42:11

Good morning everyone from a bright and frosty Northampton, -3° outside. Glad I don't have to go out in this today. Have decided to stay in for another couple of days to get over my cold. It has been good and I have felt better for having a few days indoors without rushing about to activities etc. I've been able to get a few things done around the house.

Made the Christmas sausage rolls yesterday, and even though I say it myself they are pretty good. I added a chopped apple and onion to the sausagemeat, along with crushed Chicken Oxo cubes, mixed herbs and plenty of black pepper. I made 4 dozen, which are now in the freezer (minus a couple which I had to try for quality control purposes.....).

Then got the rest of the decorations in from the garage, put a few more up yesterday, and will finish the rest today. No doubt the cats will supervise.

Also managed to change the ink cartridge on the printer, did a print head realignment, and printed off a confirmation for an airport lounge booking before my holiday in February. Then, on checking, found out I should have paid the balance for my holiday last Friday, so of course that had to be done. Could not get through on the phone, on hold for over an hour and lost the will live, so had to bite the bullet and pay on line. Have had an email confirmation, then went separately into my account, and it showed as paid.

Enjoying my tea out of a Christmas mug this morning, and have rescued the others from the back of the cupboard! Must stir myself and get the rest of the decorations up.

Have a good day, everyone.

Nannagarra Wed 07-Dec-22 09:41:08

Good morning from sunny Sefton.
Pleased to learn you’re making good progress Ashcombe and that you had a wonderful meal. We too once caravanned at Longleat, the DC giggling at lions’ roars as they went to sleep. Many happy returns are sent to Gingster’s and notgran’s DDs. karmalady again hasn’t posted - let’s hope she’s okay.
Cards have now been written and those pesky stamps, which were hiding in the flap of my phone, have made an appearance. Fun with the DGC then yoga are on my agenda. Whatever your plans, have the best day possible.
🌲 🌲 🌲

Taichinan Wed 07-Dec-22 09:36:25

Good morning all from "No Snow Yet" on the Angus coast. I do hope it stays that way as I have a 'gadabout' weekend coming up - Stirling and Perth. As DD lives smack bang between the two, I shall overnight at hers. Today should see me take my friend out for lunch - I'm not sure where, but staying on the coast seems the best option.
Last night was one of Dancing GD's dance shows with her year providing the dancers for the degree years choreographers. I'm bound to say that she danced beautifully 😉 I'm not sure that I'm totally in love with the music that seems to go with contemporary dance though - so full of angst. But then so are the times we live in .....
I haven't read any posts yet as I was even later to the feast this morning, so sending love to all and flowers to those who need a little boost x

ShazzaKanazza Wed 07-Dec-22 09:25:28

I forgot to say I asked GD1 if she hid elf number 1 last year because we can’t find him. She said yes Grandma I hid him at our house. Mystery solved. I’ll be keeping a good eye on elf number 2.

Wyllow3 Wed 07-Dec-22 09:19:14

Morning from a crisp sunny s Yorks, but cold.

I haven't heard yet about Divorce stuff: to be Ex is playing games, but I can make enquiries via my solicitor. Sign, just this last thing.

Hope to get to the gym where it will be slow going after a week.

I did my C. Cards last night at last and just waiting as per to see if there are any stragglers who I have forgotten, but Have a List which is usually reliable.

Bests for poor ies and may outings go well and be enjoyed.

harrigran Wed 07-Dec-22 09:15:28

Good morning from a frosty NE, heating came on at 5am and woke me.
Fell asleep again and was woken by workmen throwing tiles from a roof into a skip, gosh they start work early.
SIL coming to take me shopping then we will have a cooked lunch as he won't be here at dinner time.
DS is coming after work and taking me to GD's school for the Christmas music concert, GD is singing in the choir and I believe has a solo.
Have a good day all.

BlueBalou Wed 07-Dec-22 09:05:45

Good morning from frosty Wiltshire, the first of the winter. Lovely blue skies but only 1°.
Crafts was lovely yesterday, it’s so nice to see everyone.
Today it’s housework and cooking and I really must get cracking on buying Christmas presents and getting the cards written I guess. I completely lack inspiration, help!
Silly me has done something daft I fear…. I had two pairs of sheepskin slippers, one pair of which were too short small so I put them aside for the charity shop. Now I can only find one slipper from each pair……please don’t tell me that the others have gone to the charity shop 🫣
Oh Lordy…..

Kalu Wed 07-Dec-22 09:05:01

Good morning all from Glasgow where it’s calm and dry but with a very hard frost this morning. I haven’t looked at the outside temperature, just know it’s blooming freezing. 🥶

As the girls are off school today due to the teachers strike, DD1 and both girls are coming for lunch. GD1 is now vegetarian and will be having a Linda McCartney mozzarella cheese burger. I keep a few veggie alternatives for her in the freezer which she appreciates. Then, at last, a visit to my hairdresser at 3.30 whom I haven’t been near since pre covid! Boy does my hair need some attention. 😄

Hope the phlebotomist turns up kitty. A strange wish to make for you but a temporary part of your goings on just now.
How lovely to have a Mum and daughter day Gingster even though your DD suffered a headache with talking so much, I’m sure you both enjoyed your day.
Hoping your DiL and GC recover soon baubles 🤞
What a pity you can’t show us a pic of your wreath notgran but I’m sure it looks good and worth the effort.

DH’s sleep pattern is still all over the shop so I may speak to our very helpful pharmacist re a few sleeping pills to get him back on track. The problem here is, DH requires such a high dose of meds; strong enough to knock out a horse so a script may be required.

Hoping a pleasant day is ahead for all. Be careful out there now that we have frost underfoot.

luluaugust Wed 07-Dec-22 09:02:07

Good morning from a grey W Kent. Great start to the day when I tripped upstairs with two cups of tea, frightened myself and DH ended up cleaning the carpet at 6.30, lets hope the rest of the day is more peaceful. DF coming later for tea and its parcel packing so not too heavy.
Best wishes to all

Greyduster Wed 07-Dec-22 08:59:08

A late good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire, but it feels very cold. I’m going to be slow getting up this morning because I slept very badly yet again. The only thing I will be putting on my Christmas list is a good night’s sleep - preferably not on my back with a illiquid between my legs!! Took my first walk outdoors yesterday- kicked the backside out of it a bit but it was good.
Enjoy Longleat, Corner!
Have the best day you can folks.

dragonfly46 Wed 07-Dec-22 08:58:34

Good morning from a sunny frosty Leicestershire.
I have only just woken up so will have to do all those jobs that need doing as I should have loads of energy!
That is after we have had coffee with friends!

I will now go back and read your posts.
Pleased to see life is getting back to normal Ash.

dustyangel Wed 07-Dec-22 08:55:39

Good Morning everyone from a wet Algarve, a weather forecast of heavy rain for the next week has me wondering why I put some items in to soak last night. I’m going to have to sort that out before anything else to get it dried and out of the way before DD arrives on Friday for the weekend. Then I think I must get at least one card written for a neighbour who tends to call in early with one for us. As she lives down a difficult to access lane it’s best to be prepared. I’ll read all your doings later when I have time to appreciate them.smile

EkwaNimitee Wed 07-Dec-22 08:55:08

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. That makes it sound warm...it isn't! -3C giving us a heavy frost. Various neighbours having to run car engines to clear windscreens before they can get off to work.
I went into town yesterday for a haircut. I've stuck with the first hairdresser I found here, she was a lucky find, I dreaded changing after over 40 years with the last one in my previous abode.
I did a little shopping and posted my cards. It's usually quiet when I go in early but it was quite busy especially in M&S where they have dedicated a large area to Christmas stuff this year. Family pyjama sets seem to be in vogue...
Today I am staying firmly in with the heating turned up a tad and will keep warm exercising myself with some housework.

Have a good day all.

Sar53 Wed 07-Dec-22 08:28:59

Good morning from a dull, dismal, dank and dreary Essex by the sea.
A visit to the Post Office to return a dress that did me no favours whatsoever and I'll probably start to wrap presents.
DD2 sent a video of almost 5 year old DGD in her first school nativity, so sweet but she danced and sang with gusto.
Enjoy Wednesday everyone and kind thoughts to anyone not feeling so brilliant today xx

NannyJan53 Wed 07-Dec-22 08:25:08

Good morning from a very frosty Black Country.

Took Mum yesterday to have the 24 hour blood pressure monitor taken off. Pharmacist said the average was quite high, so said expect to hear from Doctors with medication!

Then we went into Wolverhampton where we did a spot of shopping, and lunch in the Slug and Lettuce (what a weird name for a pub!) She picked up the Cocktail menu, so I had phone camera ready as I knew the reaction. A look of complete horror with mouth wide open. smile

When we were back there was a present and card in her porch. My cousin (her Neice) had obviously been. She does this every year. Mum never hears from her, then in December she comes round and usually Mum is out. I really cannot work out why she does not ring the day or morning before to see if she is going to be in. I don't think she has actually spoke or seen her or 5 years!

Then back home was a card from a friend. She is going to Columbia for Christmas to visit her son over there. I think it will be a tad warmer there. We have only managed to meet up once this year, as either she is away or we are.

Today is a meet up with my Monday morning walking group for a Christmas buffet at a local pub . It all seems to be food at the moment.

I too must crack on and write the cards. Next year I think I am going to do the same as my cousin has this year. She announced on Social Media they are not sending cards, but giving a donation to a local charity. Very sensible.

Wishing you all a safe and warm Wednesday.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 07-Dec-22 08:20:45

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I’m still in bed! I have one or two bits of admin to do this morning including de-flea’ing Milo and Ripley. I paid £93 yesterday for two lots of de-flea which should last 3 months. As you know I volunteer at a nearby interesting house. It is now the off season but this afternoon it is our Christmas party so I’ll be trundling over for that. Nibbles and a quiz. This evening it is the WI committee which I’m secretary for. The chairwoman has sent out around 8 pages of documents! I should look at them. I had to interrupt typing up this missive when my brother in Australia rang for a chat. It was a video call so I must have looked a sight still in bed with my hair sticking up! Have a good day everyone.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 07-Dec-22 08:18:21

Good morning Mick and everyone from a dry clear Hull I’m sure it’s very chilly out there.

Grandmadinosaur it is indeed a small world. Looking forward to our meet up on Friday too.
I woke up to good news that China is starting to lift its harsh covid restrictions which is about time.

notgran happy birthday to your DD I’m sure you’ll be full of memories today. My mum doesn’t celebrate birthdays due to her religion but every year we all get a blow by blow description of the day we were born it’s very funny.

cornergran enjoy your trip to Longleat I’d love to go there.

Yesterday I had a lovely visit with my larger than life friend she is very welcoming. On the way though I’d posted a couple of cards and when I got back to the car park my Christmas shed head found me trying to get into someone else’s car much to the delight of the gas man parked next to it. The only similarity was it was white I was so embarrassed 🤦
Today I may wrap some more presents and like Peli I will put on a Christmas movie for atmosphere while I wrap the gifts. Yesterday I watched a couple of The Royle Family Christmas episodes.

Safe travels to those on the move today.

Enjoy your day everyone but thoughts to those struggling with illness and family stress. 🌻🎄

Stilllearning Wed 07-Dec-22 08:11:20

Morning from cold S Lanarkshire. Still finishing my early cup of tea but ready for the day. Last exercise class before Christmas today but the lovely ‘chef’ in the centre we use, is making a Christmas lunch on the 21st so we’re looking forward to that.
It’s very frosty just now but the roads should be okay.

Also will get the ‘abroad’ cards posted this morning, it’s always good to get that box ticked.

Hope everyone has a good day, you all sound a lot more organised than me! 🦩🦩🦩