Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 7th December 2022

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 07-Dec-22 05:50:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside plus cold here in brackley this morning.
Yesterday , I did mange to eat plenty due to the endoscopy on Monday to regain strength after a long period without any food .
I also bused via Buckingham to return home but the people I have got to know were not about .
Today bus to Bicester finish my xmas gifts for family members .
Take Care,
Mick

cornergran Wed 07-Dec-22 05:59:55

Morning Mick, ironing All from a cold, foggy corner of Somerset.

You’re a busy soul mick. Decent day yesterday, coffee with neighbours, some items gone from the over growing list of things to do. A not so positive chat with our goddaughter who has understandable worried about her Mums care.

Off early today on a coach trip to Longleat, we’ll be dressed for the Arctic. Hope the fog clears quickly.

Take care everyone. Stay warm. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

grandMattie Wed 07-Dec-22 06:00:54

Good morning from a clear E Kent. Probably won’t stay like that and be overcast all day, adding to the gloom.
I believe that DL is in contact with social services, she has a personal alarm. She buying a flat locally, not in a retirement village as she “doesn’t feel the need yet”…. She seems compus mentis, so I keep well out.
Yesterday was spent reassuring DL, doing my Spanish homework which was all about turron, yum!
Today, I have a talk in church after the little service. I hope other people talk and stir a bit, I shall try to keep schtumm, otherwise I appear rather smack alek-y and very opinionated.
Glad for those who are on the upward slope, especially Ash, and include those in any distress in my prayers. Carpe diem.

SunshineSally Wed 07-Dec-22 06:16:34

Good morning from a still dark south Hants.
grandMattie not long now till you get your home back. I think we’re all counting the days with you! 🤗
Today I really must write those Christmas cards. Also a visit to M&S for some vouchers and other gifts. DDog will need his walk and no doubt, a bath! Some admin and housework needed too!
Taking GD2 to school and then seeing GD1 and GD2 this evening.
Quite a busy day really! 🥱
Have a great Wednesday all. Will hopefully (if there’s time today!) come back later to read your posts.
Thoughts to those feeling low or in pain 🦩🦩
Hugs and 💐💐 for you all x

Grammaretto Wed 07-Dec-22 06:24:28

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
Minus 1° but no snow.
I have a nice day planned after I have tackled forms online.
DMiL aged 97 is recovering from covid, as is her son who lives with her. They are coming to me for Christmas so I will have to be a bit festive.
Hoping everyone has a good day.

kittylester Wed 07-Dec-22 06:25:53

Good morning all from a very, very cold and dark North Leicestershire.

DH is off to the gym and doing volunteer drives today while I have admin to do. I may also have a blood test if the phlebotomists turn up.

Susan56 Wed 07-Dec-22 06:30:57

Good morning from West Wales. There is a light frost on the cars in the hotel car park.

I am awake early as it’s so warm in here.Looking forward to our hotel breakfast.

We will go for a walk on the beach this morning then have lunch with MIL before travelling home late afternoon.

Have a good day everyone🎄🎅🏼

Urmstongran Wed 07-Dec-22 06:49:59

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where once again it’s dry, dark and still. I like this weather with no biting wind although I think there’s going to be a huge chill factor across the country for tonight.

There’s half a dozen people already on Platform 2 waiting for the train heading to Liverpool Line Street. One gent in a large black fedora has a big backpack. I wonder if he’s heading to John Lennon airport for his holidays. Oh, the train has just pulled into the station, lit up in the dark like a Christmas tree.

Himself is still snoozing. He has a routine NHS dental appointment this morning followed by a private hygienist appointment. I can remember the days when your dentist just finished off with a ‘scale and polish’. No-one I know used to go separately to see a hygienist. It’s expensive but I tell myself it’s part of self care - as I happily spend money at the hairdressers getting highlights or having a mani/pedi at the salon. I try to look at teeth maintenance in the same light.

This afternoon we are picking up my stepfather and heading north up through Manchester city into Oldham to see my uncle. By ‘eco it’ll be nippy there as it’s higher up! The 3 of them last met up to go to Plockton and that was 2 months ago now. Time passes so quickly.

Enjoy Wednesday all who can. x

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Dec-22 07:02:55

Morning Mick and all

It’s dark and cold here in S E Essex

Cleaning fairies are here first thing, I will go to the gym then it’s back home to finish some online shopping.

I must wake up the 7yr old now, he has requested ham, scrambled eggs and hash browns for breakfast before his 8am school club.

Have a good Wednesday folks 🤶🏻🎄🎁

Jaxjacky Wed 07-Dec-22 07:07:04

Good morning from S Hampshire at +1. I hope today Ash continues to progress and Wyllow has had good news on her divorce.
A visit to the pharmacy, butchers and a token trundle of the vacuum today, I’ll fit in a walk too.
Enjoy your day if you can 🦩🦩

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 07-Dec-22 07:15:36

Good morning Mick and the early risers, from Puerto Del Carmen The sky is clear, the sun is just rising and hopefully it will be another sunny day. We did a long walk yesterday along the beach promenade which runs a very long way in one direction we will go the other way today, it will take us past the runway and it’s fun to stand there whilst the planes fly down over your head and come into land, it then goes into Arrecife.
Apart from that it same old same old, although I did cook a roast yesterday, I got fed up with getting dressed up just to go out and eat a healthy salad.
Hope everyone manages to find some sun and laughter today, hugs for those who are in need of one. I’ll pop back later to read some more posts.

Beechnut Wed 07-Dec-22 07:19:37

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s a cold frosty one.
I must remember to cover the windscreen of the car today as I have to take it for a service tomorrow morning.
I’ve some more beading to do and hopefully will finish it today. The rest of the day I will take as it comes but try to get some movement in. I’ve already done my physio exercises.

Have a good day all and stay warm. Give those lions a wave from me corner 🦒🦍

Grandmadinosaur Wed 07-Dec-22 07:23:32

Good morning all from East Yorkshire, it’s still dark and feeling chilly. I think the warmer duvet will go on the bed today.

Had a lovely catch up at coffee yesterday. Turns out one of the ladies also knows our shazza small world eh?

Today we have prescriptions to collect, a trip over the bridge to pick up my Christmas cake where we will also have coffee perhaps an early lunch.
This afternoon I am meeting my friend for coffee at 2. She is the one where I get an allotted time of one hour! Sometimes she can be a bit of a whirling dervish when she tells me of her plans. She is always very organised.

Have a good day everyone.

Ashcombe Wed 07-Dec-22 07:24:11

Good morning from a very chilly (as for you all!) but fine Torbay

Yesterday, DH drove me to the hotel where I was due to meet the Theatre Props team for a Christmas lunch. We were early so enjoyed a drink together where we realised it was the first time we'd been out beyond our immediate surroundings (i.e. church, shops or walking) for 10 weeks! It was a good feeling, to be doing 'normal' things!

DH left me to enjoy catching up with the 'girls' over a delicious Christmas lunch. I chose chicken parfait, hake with a prawn sauce followed by ice cream, a suitably light meal, which was superbly presented and tasted delicious. We were at the Headland Hotel with glorious views over the bay - rather grey in mid-Winter!

headlandtorquay.com

Needles to say, a good time was enjoyed by all. Thank you for the supportive comments which I really appreciate. Enjoy all your plans. Years ago we caravanned at Longleat, cornergran. Loved it!

Today we are looking forward to hearing about Oberammergau from one of our Wednesday Club members. Happy Hump Day! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

notgran Wed 07-Dec-22 07:25:09

Good morning all from NE Hants. Still very dark outside and rather cold inside. Have just had a coffee to warm myself up. Forty years ago at about this time I gave birth to my first born. She is with her friends and siblings celebrating it all abroad. Although us aged relatives had a lovely time on Monday celebrating with her. Even her 91 year old Granny travelled nearly 300 miles to join us. I will spend to-day doing boring houseworky things, decorating the house a bit more and finishing off the Christmas presents. My pic is of the Christmas Wreath I made at the weekend and is miraculously still in tact.

peli Wed 07-Dec-22 07:25:46

Good morning everybody! Very foggy out right now - I like fog. Today I plan 2 activities. The 1st is to spend the morning out admiring Christmas 🎄decorations, & stopping in somewhere for coffee & a "treat". Then in the afternoon, I (ambitiously) plan to make spice biscuits cut into shapes (angels, stars etc.) to pop in the freezer. (out of sight to resist sampling, lol)
I'll put on Christmas music & turn the fairy lights on for "atmosphere" whilst I work - any GNs wld be most welcome!
I wish you all a calm, pleasant day!

ginny Wed 07-Dec-22 07:30:40

Good morning from a frosty N. Bucks.
DH is off to golf, rather him than me!

I have a painful foot this morning and hoping that it is not gout again. I have to contact the surgery so will ask about that as well.
Jobs to do this morning and this afternoon I am going to watch DGS2 in his school play along with his other Grandmother.
This evening I have our WI Christmas meeting which should be interesting as most members do not know what the entertainment is to be.
A good day wished for all, take care and keep warm.

notgran Wed 07-Dec-22 07:31:05

Apologies can't upload pic of wreath.

Urmstongran Wed 07-Dec-22 07:36:08

Morning peli! You forgot to tell us whereabouts you’re posting from. We like to know where you are that’s foggy!
😊

baubles Wed 07-Dec-22 07:42:15

Good morning all from chilly South Lanarkshire where it’s -2*.
Our boiler is making worrying noises, DH has gone to investigate.

We had a productive, if tiring, day yesterday Christmas shopping in Glasgow, only a couple of little things to get now.

The evening was spent with the yarn group working on one of the Christmas projects and we will be back tonight. I came home to a phone call from DS telling me that all the children are ill and so is their Mum so I’ve volunteered our services for a while today.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

brook2704 Wed 07-Dec-22 07:48:36

Good morning everyone from Inverness where my app says it’s 1º with a forecast of snow - will see if it arrives!
I had a really enjoyable busy shopping day with DD2 yesterday and then saw the DGC after school and in the evening. It was so lovely to see them all again after our holidays. Today I’m off to the gym to keep warm and then I’m hoping to finish putting up the Christmas decorations at home this afternoon
Lots of busy grans on here today - enjoy!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, take care all whatever the day brings 💐

monk08 Wed 07-Dec-22 07:53:24

Good morning all from a very frosty Black country even the the bird bath is frozen over.
Nursery pick up today, then a trip into town I'm looking for some nice shirts for the boys Dil request.
Shall pop a stew in slow cooker so something warm and nourishing to come back to.
Nice you enjoyed your meal Ash it sounded delicious especially the hake one of my favourite fish dishes.
Best wishes to anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy Wednesday and may you all find some 🌞.

Pittcity Wed 07-Dec-22 07:55:37

Good morning from a cold, grey Colchester. Yesterday was sunny and crisp which is how I like my winter days. More of the same please. The heating is on even though it has more than doubled in cost as I feel the cold and still need to wear several layers and a blanket when watching TV even with the room at 20°.
Back to the Wednesday morning coffee meetup after a couple of weeks off. Plenty to chat about. Any ladies who can get to Colchester City centre are welcome.
Mum is still in hospital and Dad's sister is visiting today.
Love to all 🦩 x

Grandmabatty Wed 07-Dec-22 07:57:31

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently -2° and dropping. Dry outside. Ash I think I stayed in The Headland Hotel a long number of years ago. Baubles you are much further ahead in Christmas shopping than I am! Ginny I hope you get your foot sorted. Notgran happy birthday to your dd. Oopsadaisy it sounds like you are having a good holiday.
Yesterday was tiresome. Dgs2 was definitely unwell and girny; tired but couldn't nap for long; hungry but didn't want to eat. You get the picture. He was a wee picture of misery and I felt so sorry for him but it was hard work! I fell asleep for an hour after I took the boys home.
Today I'll visit mum who will want to know all about my friend. Then this afternoon I'll visit my friend. Her partner phoned me yesterday to say the surgery had gone well on Monday afternoon. Once she recovers, she'll need chemo. I might put up the tree later if I'm in the mood. The remains of the 'mince around' Ash for dinner. Have a good day all.

Marydoll Wed 07-Dec-22 08:02:47

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow, where its -2°.

Welcome to peli

Glad to hear that you have recovered quickly from your procedure Mick.

I had a very successful trip to Lidl yesterday, including picking up a £1.50 veggie box. I am easily pleased !
There was a huge box mushrooms in it, which I used to make cream of mushroom soup. Unfortunately I was so fatigued after my day out, I fell asleep. The soup is no more and the house reeks of burnt mushrooms!

Unfortunately, there is no sign of the elusive heart medication, despite all the empty promises. 😡
More chasing up to do today. It never ends. At least I have my wits about me and am able to deal with it. How do people, who are not up to it, cope?

I'm pleased to hear Social Services are involved with DL's care, as I had hoped.
What an awful situation to be in, I cannot begin to imagine her anxiety, at being alone, after so much support.

I wish you all a pleasant day. I enjoy hearing what everyone is doing, despite not being able to do much myself these days. A sort of transferred joy!
For all those struggling one way or another, sending prayers and best wishes.