Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Loss of adult son

(65 Posts)
Juniewoonie Sun 17-Dec-23 08:40:59

I’m a widow and three weeks ago lost my only adult son. It was only ten short days from diagnosis to death from adrenal cancer. I’m absolutely broken! How on earth do I go on? He was my comfort and joy. He was only 30 years old. He has left a void in my life that I don’t think I can ever recover from. Never to love or be loved again.

Spinnaker Sun 17-Dec-23 08:48:23

I can't imagine the pain you are going through Juniewoonie. So sorry for your loss at this very sad time. I hope you have other family members close by to help and support you. flowers

sodapop Sun 17-Dec-23 08:52:33

I'm so sorry Juniewoonie what a terrible thing to happen in such a short time. Do you have other family around to support you, accept all the help and comfort offered. Other people on here have had losses like yours and are better placed to advise you. I just wanted to offer my sympathy. thanks

emmasnan Sun 17-Dec-23 08:53:54

I am so sorry, such a tragic loss. Thinking of you and hoping you have someone nearby to help.

Redhead56 Sun 17-Dec-23 08:59:38

So very sorry to hear about your beloved son he is free from pain now and at peace. You have memories of your love for your son and how he loved you in return. Take comfort that the love you have will stay with you forever. 💐

Sparklefizz Sun 17-Dec-23 09:09:57

I'm so sorry Juniewoonie and can't begin to imagine the emotional pain you're going through. Such a tragic loss at such a young age. I hope you have friends or family who can support you. flowers

Aveline Sun 17-Dec-23 09:10:49

I'm so very sorry. What devastation for you. I wish I could say or do something meaningful but all I can offer is my most sincere condolences. thanks

Mizuna Sun 17-Dec-23 09:12:13

I'm so sorry Juniewoonie. 🌹

BlueBelle Sun 17-Dec-23 09:15:21

Oh dear Juniewoonie what a dreadful shock there are no words of comfort in a situation like this so I m not going to even look for them, just send you a big cuddle from a stranger who feels so much empathy for you x

nanaK54 Sun 17-Dec-23 09:17:03

I am so sorry for your loss flowers flowers flowers

Grammaretto Sun 17-Dec-23 09:28:06

I can't imagine your pain Juniewoonie .
I hope you can find comfort and the strength to continue.
Sending hugs.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 17-Dec-23 09:29:15

I am so very sorry for your terrible loss. Life can be so cruel. Your love for your dear son will never die, and you will keep his love for you deep inside you always.

Katyj Sun 17-Dec-23 09:42:26

Juniewoonie So so sorry. You have lost two very special loves in your life. I hope you have family and friends around you that can help support you. Take care of yourselfflowers

silverlining48 Sun 17-Dec-23 10:03:32

Junie I am so very sorry. There are no words that can ease your pain. Please take care of yourself as best you can.
Sending a gentle hug hoping you have friends who will help and support you.
We are always here too.
Xx

Elusivebutterfly Sun 17-Dec-23 10:28:00

Junie, I am very sorry for your devastating loss.

henetha Sun 17-Dec-23 10:36:38

I am so sad for you. Please accept my deepest sympathy, and I pray that peace will eventually come to you. Sending you a big hug.

toscalily Sun 17-Dec-23 10:41:00

I am so sorry for your loss. No words are adequate for the pain & sadness you will be feeling, perhaps you can take some small comfort in knowing others are thinking of you flowers

nanna8 Sun 17-Dec-23 10:45:06

So sorry Junie. Hope you have someone to hug and spend Christmas with. I don’t know you, of course, but very sad for your loss at this time .💐

Peep Sun 17-Dec-23 10:45:50

💐 and sympathy for your devastating loss. Hope you have someone to take care of you.

Doodledog Sun 17-Dec-23 10:47:23

Oh, I’m so sorry to read this. I can only begin to imagine how devastating it must be. Life is so very unfair sometimes.

Have you contacted Cruse? They offer bereavement support and their number is 0300 201 0051.

My DIL lost her brother in his early 20s, and her family found them helpful with the practicalities as well as the devastating emotional distress.

Luckygirl3 Sun 17-Dec-23 10:53:28

Such a very sad time for you - life can be so cruel. Sending a hand hold and sympathy. Lean on friends and family - let them help you.
I second the advice about Cruse - they are very good indeed.

merlotgran Sun 17-Dec-23 10:59:05

I am so sorry for your loss, Junie. I lost my DD from a similar diagnosis and understand the pain and heartbreak you are feeling. I can’t offer any advice as to how you go on because all I know is you just do somehow despite the fact that grief is harder to bear when accompanied by shock.

Do you have friends or extended family to support you? Accept every bit of help you are offered. Take everything slowly one step at a time and look after yourself.

As silverlining said, We are here and Gransnet was a welcome support to me when I needed it.

Wishing you strength for the days ahead.

Serendipity22 Sun 17-Dec-23 11:02:06

Xxxxxxx

You're in my thoughts xxxxxx

HousePlantQueen Sun 17-Dec-23 11:14:40

I am so very sorry, my son is the same age and to think about losing him is just beyond anything. I have nothing to offer but my sympathy, and as others have said, GN is always here, many have found solace from just knowing that there is someone else there who is listening to you, any time day or night. So, so sorry.

vintage1950 Sun 17-Dec-23 11:17:35

flowers flowers juniewoonie, at this awful time.