Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My husband’s funeral this morning

(120 Posts)
MrsQuigley Tue 12-Jul-22 08:11:28

Keep wondering how I am going to get through the next few hours. It has been nearly four weeks since his death and seems to have taken ages to get this far. How do you cope at a time like this, the future looks like one big black hole right now.

toscalily Tue 12-Jul-22 08:16:48

MrsQuigley, my condolences for your loss. You will get through today and then tomorrow, one day at a time.

Mrsluckhurst Tue 12-Jul-22 08:17:59

I'm so sorry for your loss, flowers

Marydoll Tue 12-Jul-22 08:18:58

My sincere condolences. You will find an inner strength, you never knew you had. ?

ginny Tue 12-Jul-22 08:19:58

?

Pantglas2 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:21:06

Couldn’t read and pass mrsQuigley without sending you a hug and ? at this sad time x

rosie1959 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:21:06

So sorry for your loss you will cope times will be hard but you will get there

fiorentina51 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:25:27

Thinking of you. I hope you have the support and love of family and friends as I was lucky to have when we had my husband's funeral on April 30th.
We all cope in our own different ways. If you want to sob your heart out, do it. Whatever helps you deal with your grief, go with it.
Very gradually, you will adjust to your new life. Too early for me yet. I cry most days but get on with my life as my husband wanted me to so to honour his memory, that's what I'm trying to do.
I go out with friends, have recommenced my volunteering. I also talk to him every day. It gives me a feeling of normality especially at night.
I hope all goes smoothly today.
Feel free to pm me if you need to rant!
?

Aveline Tue 12-Jul-22 08:26:25

So sorry to hear this. It will be a very big and sad day for you but you will get through it. I hope you have family for support both now and over the forthcoming months. I'm sure other Grans with much more experience will be along with helpful suggestions but I just wanted you to know that I'm sending waves of good will. flowers

Shoshana Tue 12-Jul-22 08:29:29

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you strength.

Chrissyoh Tue 12-Jul-22 08:33:40

thanks

ShazzaKanazza Tue 12-Jul-22 08:34:09

I couldn’t just scroll by without sending you my condolences?
What a terrible trauma for you. You will get through today hopefully with love and support.

Gotanewlife20 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:34:11

The day of the funeral is the hardest.Once it's over you will slowly start to rebuild your life.Believe me,things will get better.You will never forget your husband,but life will improve,with help from a supportive family.

TopsyIrene06 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:36:00

It's heart wrenching but somehow you will get through it. Disbelief really.

Thinking of you.

Beautful Tue 12-Jul-22 08:38:54

MrsQuigley
Sorry for you loss ... I loss my husband almost 6 years ago ... you will get through it ... you will find the strength from somewhere ... what ever you feel comfortable with do it. Grief is different for everyone ... even after all this time I still cry , some times on on my own sometimes with others, if you do don't let it worry you I don't ... God bless you & may your Husband Rest in Peace

Esspee Tue 12-Jul-22 08:39:52

I am so sorry for your loss MrsQuigley. ?

You WILL get through today, and with dignity in honour of your husband.

We will all be thinking of you and sending our strength to help you.

Sweetpeasue Tue 12-Jul-22 08:40:43

Sending you love. So very sorry for your great loss. ?

Sar53 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:43:20

I am so sorry for your loss. A very sad, hard day for you . Much love to you and your family xxx

BlueSapphire Tue 12-Jul-22 08:43:41

MrsQuigley, so sorry for your loss; you will get through it; it was a day I dreaded, but in the end I coped, with my wonderful family and friends around me. Just go with the flow. flowersflowers

Greendress Tue 12-Jul-22 08:44:14

Deepest Condolences MrsQuigley flowersflowers

karmalady Tue 12-Jul-22 08:44:58

You will need someone whose hand you can hold. My ds was crying, I held his hand tight and that helped me because I had someone to help get through it

The funeral goes in a whirl, people are very kind and helpful

The next day feels empty but find a job to do and make sure to have regular meals, to put structure in your day

When you are ready and in your own time, tell him that he can leave, that you will be alright, that is when you can start those baby steps to move forward

Lexisgranny Tue 12-Jul-22 08:45:13

So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Grammaretto Tue 12-Jul-22 08:45:42

Such a hard day for you but you will get through.
Sending you hugs.
There are organisations like Cruse and forums you could join which might help a little.
For me it has been friends and family who have helped me through the past 18 months and the knowledge that he is with me still and love never dies.

Cs783 Tue 12-Jul-22 08:46:38

We’ll be thinking of you flowers

NainCC Tue 12-Jul-22 08:47:24

I am also in this situation, dreading it/can't wait for it to be over by this afternoon. Just sitting here waiting for the car, not due for hours. I feel for you.