Gransnet forums

AIBU

Tesco Christmas

(57 Posts)
Nanagem Tue 15-Nov-22 07:21:30

Anyone else trying to get a Tesco delivery slot, been on since 5am, site opened at 6 put thought I would join early

Start at place 27656, every time it gets to about 19000 it jumps back now 29899 again!

Callistemon21 Thu 17-Nov-22 20:26:42

Marydoll

Callistemon21

effalump

Is there a particular reason why some of you can't just go to the shop like any other time of the year.

Yes.

But no-one has to explain why on GN.

Try reading the whole thread. The answers are there.

I know, and I fell into the trap of explaining, Marydoll.

Then I thought - Why?

Hetty58 Thu 17-Nov-22 20:48:21

Blondiescot, I have a different view - my time is just too precious to spend in supermarkets - so everything's ordered online. I would never shop at Tescos though.

Bijou Fri 18-Nov-22 02:46:47

Being housebound I have Sainsburys deliveries and have no problem in booking a slot straightaway three days beforehand and am surprised to learn the trouble in booking with Tesco.
Have never shopped at Tesco. Waitrose is fine but gave up because the branch they source from nearest to me is small and has little choice.

MawtheMerrier Fri 18-Nov-22 05:21:47

effalump

Is there a particular reason why some of you can't just go to the shop like any other time of the year.

Oh those halcyon days where the checkout queue stretched to the back of our very large Sainsburys! Such larks- you were practically "besties " with the trolley owners in front of and behind you by the end of the 2 hours before walking the mile to the far side of the carpark and sitting in traffic for another hour.
Hmm remind me, what was the question?

Hetty58 Fri 18-Nov-22 07:10:05

effalump 'like any other time of the year' - it's ordered and delivered. I haven't supermarket shopped for a couple of decades - and I hated it back then!

Hellogirl1 Fri 18-Nov-22 20:32:10

Effalump, I`m unable to get to the shops now, unless I take very expensive taxis, plus I would have great difficulty getting around when I got there. Home deliveries are a blessing.