Gransnet forums

Technology

Facebook

(5 Posts)
Allsorts Wed 08-Nov-23 15:51:07

I have opened a Facebook account purely to look at Tradespeople’s recommendations. However I find myself unable to negotiate even settings I wanted privacy, I don’t want to talk to friends on there it’s purely for what’s on in my area and local business’ Can anyone advise an easy way to negotiate the site, I really wish I hadn’t signed up now..

crazyH Wed 08-Nov-23 15:56:46

I like FB , only because I have lots of family and friends who live abroad, and it’s a fantastic way of connecting. But occasionally, I get Friend Request from strangers. I just delete them. I only accept friend requests, if they have ‘mutual friends’. No Allsorts, I am not clever enough to advise you. I’m sure someone will come along soon.

YorkLady Wed 08-Nov-23 16:14:32

Same here. Wanted to join as everyone seems to be able to find recommendations for tradespeople, restaurants and local news.
Seemed to get stuck going round in circles. Frustrated, I gave up but seem to keep getting emails regarding people I may know.

Theexwife Wed 08-Nov-23 16:20:43

Click on your profile pic, top right, settings and privacy, audience and visibility, set everything is this section to ‘only me’, you will have to open each section listed, posts, stories, profile etc .

lemsip Wed 08-Nov-23 21:24:46

im on the 'only me' option on facebook.