Gransnet forums

Technology

I can no longer hear whoever is speaking to me on my phone!

(7 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Fri 13-Oct-23 15:27:16

I believe this to be a phone problem, as the sound is turned fully up, and DH can¨t hear what is said either, unless the phone is on speaker.

I did wonder if it was my hearing, but I hear everything else all right.

Any advice on solving the problem on a Samsum Galaxy android phone, other than buying a new one?

Tenko Fri 13-Oct-23 15:40:14

I had this with my iPhone and went into the Apple Store . They told me to clean the bottom of the phone where there are two slots with tiny holes . I used an interdental brush with white spirit and it worked , just don’t soak the area . I hope I’m making sense. I’ve never had an android phone but you could google it.

Callistemon21 Fri 13-Oct-23 16:36:19

Oh, I'm having a problem too, i thought it was because they were mostly overseas calls.

midgey Fri 13-Oct-23 16:40:37

I had massive problems with my Samsung galaxy and found that it was actually the provider causing my problem, I changed my provider and bobs your uncle!

Callistemon21 Fri 13-Oct-23 16:42:14

Ah! Interesting

Katie59 Fri 13-Oct-23 19:23:59

My last Iphone went like that, it was about 7 yrs old and only worth about £40 so upgraded to a 4 yr old model, that works fine.

Caravansera Fri 13-Oct-23 19:33:58

I have never had an Android, I only know about iPhones but this video about how to fix this problem on an iPhone might give you some clues.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtcJRuayY&t=333s