Gransnet forums

Technology

email help

(5 Posts)
Dawn62 Wed 04-Oct-23 08:42:01

Good morning,i understand very little about tech,all i use my laptop for apart from gransnet is shopping and emails,this morning i checked my emails all fine,i have just tried again and bt email said i needed more security checks thought i had done that,now i cannot log in without BTID to enhance security it says and it asks for a bt phone number i have not had a bt line for over ten years but even when i moved house ten years ago i was still able to keep my emails going i don't know how but no problem until now and i don't know what to do any ideas please,does that mean all my emails are now lost unless i take on a bt line,bit worried in the middle of probate so a lot of emails flying about.many thanks.

NotSpaghetti Wed 04-Oct-23 08:47:45

My mother-in-law had problems with her BT emails when she was in the middle of moving house. She came to live her temporarily and we needed to keep her emails.

I suggest you call them as we actually put a new line in our house in the end to "save" her emails and then transferred the line later.

I hope you find a better solution!

shysal Wed 04-Oct-23 09:57:07

Last time I was asked to log in to BT Emails there was a message saying that in future I would be asked to do two different log ins. I suspect that I shall be in trouble too. I see that Mick on the good morning thread has had BT email problems. I hope you sort yours.

Tizliz Wed 04-Oct-23 11:21:09

BT connect email is a nightmare at the moment.

If you manage to get into your account set the mail forwarding to another email address then you don’t need to worry again

Theexwife Wed 04-Oct-23 12:12:34

My BT Mail hasn’t kept me logged in for the past week, I keep having to re-sign in so I think it is a problem on their end.

It also locks you out after a few tries. I tend to leave it a while and then try again, the bit app works fine, could you get that?