Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Thumb or pinkie ring, anyone?

(7 Posts)
CanadianGran Mon 25-Mar-24 20:52:02

A colleague wears a thumb ring, a plain band, and I've always liked the look. Does anyone here wear a ring on their thumb, and if so, what kind?

I also like the look of a pinkie ring, and I do have a small ring I inherited from MIL, but I don't like the feeling of it hitting the ring I wear on my ring finger.

I also know some people that wear rings on just about every finger, but while it suits them, it would overwhelm me!

M0nica Mon 25-Mar-24 21:04:24

I had a very pretty Victorian enamel mourning ring that was so small that it only ftted my pinkie finger.

Unfortunately, my little finger is quite straight. One cold day not long after I acquired it, I was wearing gloves, took them off and must have pulled off the ring, but didn't notice it, it must have fallen out of the glove and I never noticed it.

That was the first and last time I would consider a pinkie ring. A thumb ring does not appeal.

Kim19 Tue 26-Mar-24 13:45:50

Pinkie ring for me for last 64 years. Gold with onyx stone. Treasured gift which I hope will be with me forever. At first found it strange to manage when writing but that was soon overcome. Love it.

Visgir1 Tue 26-Mar-24 14:15:50

My Pinky ring I have worn for about the last 40years. It's a square thicker plain good band, I can't get it off now, had it made.
DH and DS both have pinky signet rings with Family crest.
I also have worn Thumb rings Gold with a slight pattern, and a toe ring, for good measure I wear an ankle bracelet once summer comes.
Give it a go.

CanadianGran Tue 26-Mar-24 16:26:22

I think my pinkie is a bit like Monica's in that the knuckle is quite slim and I'm afraid a ring would slip off.

Visgirl, your hands must sparkle! I'll have to have a try on of thumb rings. My DH was given a nice garnet ring at the age of 18, which no longer fits him, so I have taken it over. It fits either my middle finger or my thumb, but I feel a thumb needs a plain band, not a gemstone.

As for toe rings, hmm. I think it would be a bit irritating. They look elegant on the right foot, but I don't think mine would suit!

crazyH Tue 26-Mar-24 16:34:11

I sometimes use a ring on my thumb. Quite nice actually ..

LadyGracie Tue 26-Mar-24 20:27:22

My pinkie 9 carat gold signet ring was given to me by my godmother when I was baptised, (aged 5) I wore it originally on my middle finger, then ring finger and finally on my pinkie. I’m now 72.