Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Frizzy Hair Products?

(6 Posts)
Philippa111 Tue 19-Mar-24 13:07:12

My hair was always curly but it's now frizzy! I have tried so many products to make it a bit smoother but some of them have such a strong and unpleasant smell that I don't want to use them. They clash with any perfume I want to wear.

Can anyone recommend a product that tames frizz and has a mild smell?

Sago Tue 19-Mar-24 13:09:30

Colour Wow 1 minute miracle.

Philippa111 Wed 20-Mar-24 15:57:23

Sago

Colour Wow 1 minute miracle.

Thank you Sago

colliemum Wed 20-Mar-24 16:07:02

Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil. It's the best I've found, and I've tried a lot. Olaplex do a range products which you're meant to use together as a system but it's expensive so I just stick with No. 7 because it gives amazing results. My hair is so dry, frizzy and porous now that I do have to use a lot of the oil but I don't care because it's so effective.

Patsy70 Wed 20-Mar-24 17:13:10

I’m currently staying in Devon, with my sister, and we both have frizzy hair days, due to the damp, wet weather! So, I popped into Boots today to get the Colour Wow spray, but they don’t sell it. However, I was told by the lady serving me that M&S stock it, and possibly Superdrug. She uses it herself and recommends it. Thank you, Sago. 😊

NannyPT Wed 20-Mar-24 17:17:40

You could try Herbal Essences dazzling shine conditioner for damaged hair. I have very curly shoulder length hair and can't get a brush through it after washing it without using conditioner. Once out of the shower I dilute this product 3 or 4 parts to 1 and then brush it onto towel dryed hair. Usually I let my hair dry naturally, there is no frizz and just curls and ringlets. Hope this helps.