Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Emergency makeup

(11 Posts)
loopyloo Fri 09-Feb-24 12:54:55

Do you people have a foundation/ moisturiser that you go to when feeling less than 100% ? Something that lifts your mood ?
I need something like that at the moment.

Poppyred Fri 09-Feb-24 13:11:03

No, I just plaster the same old thing on every day, smile and hope for the best.

Hope you’re feeling better soon. 💐

GrannyGravy13 Fri 09-Feb-24 13:18:48

Normal makeup but extra perfume, as I find fragrance lifts my mood.

Esmay Fri 09-Feb-24 13:21:59

My normal make up plus a long hot bath and a lot of perfume !

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 09-Feb-24 13:23:09

I agree GG.

foxie48 Fri 09-Feb-24 13:29:05

I'm recovering from quite a serious accident and I'm still not up to doing anything or going anywhere but as soon as I felt well enough, I started to put make up on. I don't use much, some foundation with a bit of blusher as I'm a bit washed out ATM, neutral eyeshadow with a bit of liner and a lick of lipstick. I'm also using lashings of moisturiser on my legs and arms so my skin smells lovely. It gives me a huge boost to look OK even if I don't really feel OK!

Jewelle Fri 09-Feb-24 14:05:13

I stopped using proper full foundation during lockdown, now I use Bare Minerals, it’s wonderful stuff. That said I would leave the house without it on, but never without mascara on!

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 09-Feb-24 14:06:15

I hope you soon feel better foxie.

foxie48 Fri 09-Feb-24 14:45:34

Germanshepherdsmum

I hope you soon feel better foxie.

Thanks GSM. A bit of a close call but five weeks on I'm desperate to get my old life back. However, I'm having to listen to my body which is still struggling to get over the trauma and feels as if it belongs to someone much older and less fit than I am!

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 09-Feb-24 14:50:54

I hope you will be back to your usual fitness very soon. Takes a bit longer as we get older but being fit in the first place is a big plus.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 09-Feb-24 15:04:17

foxie48 be kind to yourself, we do not bounce back as quickly as we get older 🌼