Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Recommendation for Hot Hair Brush.

(12 Posts)
Granless Wed 30-Nov-22 19:24:42

Can anyone please recommend a hot hair brush for shortish hair?
I have read many reviews and the same comment keeps coming up: product says ‘suitable for short hair’ and turns out it is not - the brush being too big.

Susie42 Thu 01-Dec-22 09:53:06

I have the same problem and have just sent three which were supposed to be for short hair to the charity shop. Don't waste your money as I find a hair dryer and mini straighteners do the job.

Casdon Thu 01-Dec-22 11:21:06

I’ve got a Remington flexibrush with steam, which I like, I use it to tidy up my hair after I’ve blow dried it with the hairdryer. It’s good for short hair, and it sets the wayward bits due to the steam. My hair is quite wavy though, I don’t know if yours is, or if you are looking for a smooth finish for straight hair in which case it might not suit your needs.

NotAGran55 Thu 01-Dec-22 12:30:17

I bought one that had a barrel slightly smaller than the barrel styling hairbrush that I used with a hair dryer.
It’s a Bayliss and cost about £30 iirc.

My hair is layered, collarbone length with each layer about 2.5” long.

SueDonim Thu 01-Dec-22 12:49:15

I had one, same problem. I threw it out and just air dry instead.

J52 Thu 01-Dec-22 13:02:01

I also rate the Babyliss one with two different barrels. I’ve just used mine on my dry hair, to smooth out the frizz after playing tennis in the damp air.

Granless Fri 02-Dec-22 09:13:45

Thanks for the recommendations. Could I please have the Bayliss model number.

NotAGran55 Fri 02-Dec-22 14:43:39

I can’t find a model number, but this seems to be an upgrade of mine, now with 2 different sized barrels.
My single one is 38mm.

NotAGran55 Fri 02-Dec-22 14:44:15

Here’s the link

www.argos.co.uk/product/5819272?clickSR=slp:term:babyliss:2:26:1

Granless Sat 03-Dec-22 12:01:02

Thank you NotAGran55 - it’s my Christmas request to son.🥳

TerriBull Sat 03-Dec-22 12:33:04

I have a Babyliss, it's invaluable to me, I cart it everywhere , when I go swimming in particular, I plug it in next to a hairdryer, it's a fag doing my hair time consuming I admit, I pin up the top and do the underneath first, but it's worth it because the finish is as close to a salon blow dry as I could possibly get. Yes definitely wouldn't be without it!

TerriBull Sat 03-Dec-22 12:34:33

Maybe I should point out that my hair isn't particularly short, jaw length, but I don't have the really big brush one, I imagine mine would work on short hair too.