Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

The waistbands of leggings.

(13 Posts)
NotTooOld Sun 13-Nov-22 16:35:27

Anyone know where I can buy leggings that do not have a wide stretchy waistband?

All my old leggings just have a narrow turnover at the top with elastic threaded through, and they are fine. Recently however all the new leggings I have bought have a wide, sometimes up to 2.5", stretchy waistband which I find very uncomfortable.

I have looked at loads of leggings on the internet but as they are black it is impossible to tell exactly what the waistband is like, even by using the magnifying facility.

Any advice, please?

FannyCornforth Sun 13-Nov-22 16:46:51

Asda’s are excellent
100% cotton (or thereabouts) so comfy, soft, wash well, and cheap as chips.
I’ve bought leggings three, four the price of Asda’s, and they are definitely the best.

FannyCornforth Sun 13-Nov-22 16:47:43

It’s a ‘normal’ covered waist band too - I know exactly what you mean smile

NotTooOld Sun 13-Nov-22 16:47:53

Ooh, thanks, Fanny. And no wide waistbands?

NotTooOld Sun 13-Nov-22 16:48:25

Xd posts! Thank you.

GagaJo Sun 13-Nov-22 16:53:20

Next. Morrisons.

Currently trying to decide between tight and flattering leggings or saggy but comfortable.

NotTooOld Sun 13-Nov-22 17:12:52

GagaJo

Next. Morrisons.

Currently trying to decide between tight and flattering leggings or saggy but comfortable.

I know how you feel! I'm the same, need a 14 for the legs but a 16 for the waist. I've just ordered some in size L from Asda, as per Fanny's suggestion. It was M or L but when I checked the size chart it was definitely L.

Joseanne Sun 13-Nov-22 18:03:53

Not being funny, but you could try an extra wide waistband a bit like a yoke. DD2 is a dancer and dance teacher and ladies of all shapes and sizes like the yoke to tuck their tummies in without the band rolling over!

Joseanne Sun 13-Nov-22 18:05:47

Example, sort of.

Fleurpepper Sun 13-Nov-22 18:14:26

Joseanne

Not being funny, but you could try an extra wide waistband a bit like a yoke. DD2 is a dancer and dance teacher and ladies of all shapes and sizes like the yoke to tuck their tummies in without the band rolling over!

Yes, they are great. Would never go back to the thin elastic ones NotTooOld is looking for.

NotTooOld Tue 15-Nov-22 17:53:22

Not sure I'm the right shape for the extra wide waistband option. sad

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Nov-22 06:09:49

I find them unbearably uncomfortable, painful even

NotTooOld Thu 24-Nov-22 17:29:45

Just came back to say thanks for the recommendation, FannyC. My Asda leggings arrived and are excellent. Good price too - £10 for two pairs plus postage.
If anyone else is thinking of ordering, the Large size is just that, large, and I could have probably got away with a Medium. (I am a 14-16). I'm sure it's only five minutes since I was a 12. sad