Gransnet forums

Sport

RSPCA to charge Zouma brothers

(40 Posts)
Sarnia Thu 17-Mar-22 07:13:39

Kurt and Yoan Zouma are to be charged with animal cruelty. I hope the RSPCA make an example of them and give them the harshest sentence they can and ban them from ever owning any animal for life.

yvonne910rhodes Wed 10-Apr-24 12:30:54

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 10-Apr-24 13:02:53

Good. Fining them would have been water off a duck’s back. I hope the community service is very visible and extremely menial.

M0nica Wed 10-Apr-24 14:02:41

No idea what this is all about.

MissInterpreted Wed 10-Apr-24 14:13:42

M0nica

No idea what this is all about.

Google is a wonderful thing!

rafichagran Wed 10-Apr-24 14:23:18

This thread is over 2 years old. The case has been dealt with.

VioletSky Wed 10-Apr-24 14:27:29

Attacked his cat, hit and kicked it, was filmed doing so

They way he moved and behaved was not adult

I am glad he has received punishment

M0nica Wed 10-Apr-24 16:58:19

I just felt that information about the case should be included in the OP.

Now I see the thread is old, I understand why the names met nothing to me, although, reading *ViletSky's post, I do remember the case and the attack, but not the names.

As I do not recognise the names I assume they are footballers or rappers, which would explain why I didn't recognise them.

Joseann Wed 10-Apr-24 20:36:30

West Ham defender, Monica, I can't remember which club the brother played for. It was naturally big news for people in East London at the time.

BlueBelle Wed 10-Apr-24 20:44:53

Blimey Monica so those names only connect as footballs or rappers not a doctor or a solicitor,…. just a rapper Wow

VioletSky Wed 10-Apr-24 20:53:08

Oh shhh

Just no need for it

Tired of seeing Monica spoken too badly across threads

BlueBelle Wed 10-Apr-24 21:31:48

Violetsky I have never treated Monica with anything but respect so for goodness sake what are you saying !!

I amazed that anyone at all can look at a name and connect them asa footballer or a rapper that’s really not on

BlueBelle Wed 10-Apr-24 21:33:35

And don’t tell me to shhh either * violetsky*

Joseann Wed 10-Apr-24 21:58:36

Could it be that M0nica is saying, by way of explanation, that she has no interest in football or rapping, so wouldn't recognise the name if it bit her on the bottom? Whereas I would know the football/cat/kicker association straightaway and then remember the name Karen Brady who condemned Zouma.

M0nica Wed 10-Apr-24 22:30:28

Thank you Joseann. You have got it exactly right. I have a negative interst in sport and the sport I am actively least interested in is football. Likewise my taste in music is classical and while I would recognise the names of people like Taylor Swift or Beyonce, who get their names in the news section of news media, beyond that I am frankly totally ignorant.

When you hear of the sort of behaviour quoted in the OP making the news, I most associate it with certain professions where young men of all origins have too much money too young and are often before the courts, or making public apologies for unacceptable behaviour.

It never occurred to me that anyone today would automatically assume that I was specifically linking people of specific ethnicities with specific professions. I thought that sort of attitude was left behind in the 20th century.

Callistemon21 Wed 10-Apr-24 22:38:53

There was a thread a while ago condemning the Zouma brothers and disbelief that they got away with their disgusting behaviour so lightly.

Anyway, I do have to know a bit about football but I didn't know who they were.

I do now though. 😡

M0nica Wed 10-Apr-24 23:04:56

I still don't.

rafichagran Wed 10-Apr-24 23:46:10

BlueBelle

Blimey Monica so those names only connect as footballs or rappers not a doctor or a solicitor,…. just a rapper Wow

I agree with you.

M0nica Thu 11-Apr-24 08:53:46

I am not sure quite what you mean rafichagran.

As I said, I made assumptions that the men concerned were young and rich and 'celebrities' in some field. This means they were in professions where they earned lots of money when still young and immature.

Since I have a fairly broad knowledge of news events, the chances are that if they had been politicians, new readers, actors or in most other professions, I would have heard of them, so , as I have said, I zoomed in my two main areas of total ignorance, where I knew young men of all ethnicities can earn a lot of money. One is playing football and the other is rapping. There may be others, but I am unaware of them.

The rest is in your mind not mine.

Joseann Thu 11-Apr-24 09:41:26

I zoomed in my two main areas of total ignorance 😂 😂 🤣 🤣
You what M0nica? Sorry, I couldn't resist the zoum pun! Actually, maybe you thought of a footballer because he does zoom around the pitch. He is French by the way. ⚽️

rafichagran Thu 11-Apr-24 09:59:29

Monica I have just agreed with another poster. You also assumed they were footballers and rappers.
Also the Zouma brothers were punished by the law, and in my opinion other incidences have occured, I remember the woman kicking and hitting a horse, it was on the news and in the papers, people do horrible vile things and they should be punished, but the Zouma brothers are the ones who keep being bought up. I wonder why.

Joseann Thu 11-Apr-24 10:25:18

The Zouma brothers get mentioned because millions of people follow football. My DGS age 8 knows about them, as he does about MBappé who is also black, not that he notices their colour. Actually I think I read that 50% of our footballers are white, 50% black.

rafichagran Thu 11-Apr-24 10:45:27

I never mentioned they were black Primrose, yes they are footballers, they earn alot of money, but is this a excuse to keep bringing this up two years later.
The Zouma brothers did a horrible thing and were punished in a court of law. They are also human beings, Zouma has young children, why keep bringing it up. We are not vilifying the horse kicker in the same way.

VioletSky Thu 11-Apr-24 11:11:59

It's a 2 year old thread that had no comments... Until what was probably some sort of spam appeared on it

M0nica Thu 11-Apr-24 14:02:51

I didn't bring them up, someone else did. I till have no idea who they are.

I did assume that they were young and very very rich. How many young incredibly rich doctors, engineers, nurses, etc etc are there? The two professions that provide young men with many millions of pounds before they are out of their teens or in their early 20s are the two I mentioned. I would have undoubtedly have added any more worthy professions if there was evidence that you could make £10,million a year at 19 in them.