Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Share your tips for managing joint pain throughout the winter months - £200 voucher to be won

(253 Posts)
GraceGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 29-Jan-21 11:49:46

This activity is now closed

Whether you walk every day, you’re a keen cyclist, or passionate about running, we all know how important it is to get outside in the open air, especially during lockdown. But if you suffer from joint pain it can be hard to motivate yourself to stay active. With this in mind, ]] would like to hear your tips for managing joint pain, particularly during winter.

Here’s what ]] has to say:

"GOPO® Joint Health is committed to helping the Nation feel limber at any age, and encourages a healthy and active lifestyle all year round. GOPO® Joint Health is a health food supplement range that contains 100% specially cultivated natural rosehip with a high level of the galactolipid compound known as GOPO®. It is rich in Vitamin C which contributes to the formation of collagen for the normal function of cartilage, the protective and connective component of joints. The newest addition to the range is GOPO® Joint Health Plus Ginger, which is the first UK supplement that combines active GOPO®-containing rosehip - which may play a valuable role in the care of joints and joint tissues - with extracts of the plant-based nutraceutical, Ginger, loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that may help support good joint health and muscle function. Seize the day with GOPO® Joint Health, and don’t let the cold weather hold you back from embracing the freedom of movement."

Are you prone to experiencing painful joints in the colder months? Perhaps you have a go-to exercise routine that helps you with your aches and pains? Do you swear by a particular vitamin or supplement? Or maybe you have a secret remedy that keeps you out and about?

Whatever they may be, we’d love to hear your secrets to managing a winter joint pain flare up.

All who post on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky GNer will win a £200 voucher for a store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

T&Cs apply GNHQ

GraceGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 03-Mar-21 16:14:35

Thanks to everyone who shared their tips on this thread! The winner is @Sonatina7 - congratulations!

hadid23 Wed 28-Sep-22 12:49:19

Yeah, I was surprised when I learned that alcohol can make the pain worse because I always thought that alcohol makes pain relief. However, a friend of mine who is a doctor explained to me that alcohol causes dehydration and that makes the joint pain much worse. After that, I asked her then what is she suggesting to those that have joint pain and she told me about a remedy for sciatica that works like a painkiller so that I can take it when my back, joints, and muscles hurt. Now this drug is always in my medicine box.