Gransnet forums

Site stuff

OP Posts Highlighted.

(46 Posts)
Calendargirl Sun 20-Mar-22 13:52:35

I know this is frequently brought up, but have just read a comment on a thread. It’s obvious the poster hasn’t read the previous comment, by the OP, that the problem has been resolved hopefully. If only the OP’s comments were in another colour, it might prevent this happening. It’s obviously too much to expect people to actually read through the comments before adding theirs.

grannydarkhair Sun 20-Mar-22 13:55:23

Couldn’t agree more. All the OP’s posts on Mumsnet are highlighted, so it must be easy to set up.

Galaxy Sun 20-Mar-22 13:57:57

They are highlighted depending on the device you use. So calendergirl is showing green for me. It doesnt work for all devices which isnt helpful.

Teacheranne Sun 20-Mar-22 15:03:50

Totally agree, in many forums all future posts made by the OP are highlighted so it’s easy to see when they are responded.

Also, having to bookmark a message in order to reopen a thread at the last message I read is very clunky. On other forums, the threads automatically open at the last message read on the thread. If I forget to bookmark, it’s frustrating to have to scroll through to find where I was up to, especially if there have been lots of messages added in a short time.

Another thing, on another forum, when the active list comes up, it shows which posts I have contributed to by putting a tiny picture of me next to the title. That really helps me follow threads I am particularly interested in - or is it just me who forgets?

Baggs Sun 20-Mar-22 15:07:03

Sarc alert.

If only posters would follow rules that I think are sensible. If only posters would read all of the thread. If only what I want is what happened because I can't deal with diversity like this.

BlueBelle Sun 20-Mar-22 15:12:07

The only one coloured is the original post the rest are white
We have asked for this multiple times with no success
It’s very very frustrating

Beswitched Sun 20-Mar-22 16:59:13

On my phone the OP's posts are highlighted in green, and any posts I make are highlighted in purple.

Calendargirl Sun 20-Mar-22 17:13:31

I meant the OP subsequent posts, to be clear.

The original OP’s are in green.

Bibbity Sun 20-Mar-22 17:28:48

All the OPs posts are green on my phone. Including comments. So this feature is working and available.

Esspee Sun 20-Mar-22 17:28:56

Mumsnet and Gransnet are the same company so it should be simple for this to be introduced.
Another feature on Mumsnet is being able to notify a poster that they have been mentioned in a post. You just put @ in front of the name so for example @Esspee would result in an email to me from GNHQ with a link to the thread.

Galaxy Sun 20-Mar-22 17:44:38

No all of your posts are highlighted green on my device. Its device dependent. That presumbably doesnt mean GN couldnt do something about it.

BlueBelle Sun 20-Mar-22 17:46:53

I m on iPhone and iPad and they are NOT highlighted

Galaxy Sun 20-Mar-22 17:48:44

I am on a samsung mobile and they are all highlighted. No idea why or which devives it works for except my own.

Summerlove Sun 20-Mar-22 19:37:16

I used to have this feature on my phone. Then one day I switched to desk top version. When I switched back to mobile the feature was gone

Serendipity22 Sun 20-Mar-22 19:51:16

Bibbity

All the OPs posts are green on my phone. Including comments. So this feature is working and available.

On my phone too smile

MissAdventure Sun 20-Mar-22 19:55:15

Not on my phone.

pearl79 Sun 20-Mar-22 20:22:36

Some of these things are possible to change to the way you want them.
At the top of the first page, above the first post, click on Customise. This gives several options, including "bookmark" (which means the thread will open up to where you bookmarked it).

There's also "PO posts highlighted" and "Watch this thread" which I haven't yet sussed. Maybe someone else can and then share?

BlueBelle Sun 20-Mar-22 20:47:27

There is nothing about posts being coloured in my customise

Grannybags Sun 20-Mar-22 20:58:56

Nor mine Bluebelle

This is something we keep asking for but seems to be beyond GNHQ

Kim19 Sun 20-Mar-22 21:55:21

Every one of the OP posts are in green on my ipad and any contributions I make are in pink. Simples!

grannydarkhair Sun 20-Mar-22 22:07:43

Kim19 I’m also on an iPad. When I go into “Customise” it doesn’t say anything about highlighting all the OP’s posts. How did you do it?

Jane43 Sun 20-Mar-22 22:10:31

On my iPad the initial post is in green and my responses are in pink. I do try to read all of the thread before making a comment but sometimes they are six pages long by the time I read them.

Teacheranne Sun 20-Mar-22 22:17:57

BlueBelle

I m on iPhone and iPad and they are NOT highlighted

Same here, must be a problem with Apple devices?

Teacheranne Sun 20-Mar-22 22:22:47

Jane43

On my iPad the initial post is in green and my responses are in pink. I do try to read all of the thread before making a comment but sometimes they are six pages long by the time I read them.

My problem exactly, I’m sure it’s a simple fix for GN to do.

Kim19 Sun 20-Mar-22 22:53:16

Sorry GDH, can't help. This is how my iPad presented GN settings from day 1. I did nothing with regard to settings.