Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Read GNer feedback on Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion

(275 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-19 14:17:42

This is the feedback thread for the Gransnet users who have been testing the new Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion.

Here’s what Balneum has to say: “Created from soothing active ingredients such as urea and laureth-6.5, our dry skin and itch relief Lotion reduces irritation and locks moisture back into the skin. Easily absorbed, it’s proven to relieve the itch and is suitable for use with eczema and psoriasis prone skin.”

A bit more about Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion:
- An easily absorbed lotion that is specially formulated to hydrate and soothe dry and itchy skin
- Suitable for large areas of skin, or when a lighter moisturiser is preferred
- Leaves skin feeling soft, supple and smooth thanks to the replacement of much-needed oils and locking moisture into the skin
- Relieves itchy skin, this lotion is also suitable for use with eczema and psoriasis prone skin

If you’d like to see allergy and ingredient information, please click here.

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the below questions, as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed to you:

1. How satisfied were you with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?
2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on?
3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test?
4. Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?

All testers who leave their feedback on both the thread and the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Balneum would also like it if you could leave feedback on the Amazon page for this product.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

sarahhope71 Fri 11-Oct-19 18:49:01

Thank you for the opportunity to try this product. 1) How satisfied was I? On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7. 2) Did it improve my skin and if so where did it particularly improve my skin? Yes, it hydrated my skin quite well particularly my torso which is not as dry as other parts of my body. 3) I will continue to use this product until the bottle is empty. I am not sure if I would purchase a second bottle. 4) I would recommend this product to someone preferring a lighter lotion rather than a heavy cream. I would prefer a cream with a better smell and a thicker consistency in a prettier bottle. Having said that, it works: it takes away the itch and it moisturises. My little girl really likes it on her itchy, sensitive patches of skin. We call it Balneum kisses!

Shesanana Fri 11-Oct-19 18:49:41

I’m very satisfied with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion. I use it after showering on my arms and legs and it helps to relieve the usual irritating itching. I like the fact that it’s easily absorbed and a tiny amount is enough. My daughter has also used it because she suffers from eczema, mainly on her hands, and she’s found it helpful too.

Bikerhiker Fri 11-Oct-19 18:51:29

I am very satisfied with this Balneum Lotion. It does exactly what it says it will do.
I like that it has no scent, is very light and easily absorbed. Over time I notice an overal improvement in my skin's softness and smoothness.
The back of my hands look younger.
My shins are no longer dry and itchy.
I will definitely buy Balneum and have already recommended it to others.
Thank you.

Harris27 Fri 11-Oct-19 18:56:59

Yes would recommend it. It was easy to use and not too thick. Have recommended too my niece who has skin problems. Think the price might put some people off as their are cheaper products but with recommendation think this will be worth it. I have dry feet and legs and notice a improvement within days.

GrAnne2 Fri 11-Oct-19 18:57:20

Yes, very satisfied with the product. Used it all over (as i have dry, mature skin) and it worked well (no itchiness). I normally used rose scented Ameliorate cream - which is expensive - so i would use balneum in the future, depending on the price point. I would also be happy to recommend to friends. Thank you for the opportunity to test!

libra10 Fri 11-Oct-19 18:57:53

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to try Balneum lotion.

1. Have been using for about 2 weeks now, and am very satisfied with the results.

2. The lotion improved my skin condition remarkably. I have patches of psoriasis on an elbow, and dry skin on my back. Had previously been using Aveeno, which didn't make a great deal of difference. However Balneum has markedly reduced the irritating itch on my back and provided relief to the elbow. Skin also much smoother after use.

3. I will definitely continue to use when I have finished using this bottle.

4 Would highly recommend to friends and family.

One small downside to using Balneum - it tends to be a little thin and runny, and reaching to back with lotion in hand, is a little difficult as it can drip a little.

nettyandmasey Fri 11-Oct-19 18:58:00

Thank you for the opportunity to try this product. After many years of searching for a good product, I had finally discovered O’keefes recommended by various grandnetters. My skin is very dry plus I also have hand and wrist problems so find it difficult to squeeze bottles.
I decided the best way to compare the two products was to use Balneum on my left side of body and O’keefe’s on the right.
I found the Balneum very runny and took a lot longer to be absorbed. How ever the results have been excellent definitely equals the O’keefs. I would definitely recommend the product and would buy it again. The only thing that would put me off is if I had problems squeezing the bottle when there is only a small amount left. My skin feels lovely and soft and doesn’t look at all dry. Thank you

dancingfeet Fri 11-Oct-19 18:59:53

I gave up using my usual product in order to test this and find that it has been very effective. Applying it to parts of the body that was itching, usually back and legs was very effective especially after swimming. it is worth continuing with.

janipat Fri 11-Oct-19 19:01:04

I liked the lotion once I got used to how runny it is. It applies very easily and absorbs quite quickly if you don't apply too generously to begin with. I like that it is unscented, not going to clash with my preferred perfumes. It has helped a lot with my itchy back, not quite so well on my itchy arms, but I shall keep on with it, especially as here's loads left. Will I buy it when this bottle is finished? Probably, because it has been so effective on my back. Perhaps my arms need a second application per day until the hydration takes full effect. Overall I'm very pleased with the results. Thank you.

Seizetheafternoon Fri 11-Oct-19 19:01:09

1. I was pleased the cream was scent free and that it absorbed easily and quickly. For me though it felt too light and thin and I’d have preferred it to be more of a cream texture than a runny lotion.
2. I used it on my arms and legs which are very dry and tight. I have a constantly dry, flaky elbow which doesn’t itch but has been resistant to improvement with every product I’ve tried so far and Balneum sadly, made no difference to this area either.
3. I’ve only used the cream for a week as it took ages to receive the sample. If it begins to improve the dryness of my skin I would repurchase it but as it so far not making more of a difference than anything I’ve tried up to now I probably wouldn’t get it again.
4. As everyone’s skin is different I would certainly mention it to others as even it it doesn’t improve my skin, it may help theirs.

MichStew Fri 11-Oct-19 19:04:50

I have used the lotion about four times since its arrival about a week ago. So far it has not stopped my "itchy spot" (which is on my left shoulder blade) where my wife applied it from itching. I will continue using it in the hope that things will change but I will not be holding my breath! Based on my experience so far I would not recommend it.

amber22 Fri 11-Oct-19 19:05:29

it has helped a patch of dry skin on my back which has been there for ages and other creams have had no effect. I've also applied it to my elbows. I like the consistency and the fact that it's not strongly perfumed. However 2 dislikes; it's slightly sticky. I had to rinse my hands after application. More importantly, I have great difficulty with flip-top caps because I have weak thumbs so I would never knowingly buy a product in a bottle or tube without an unscrewable top. Why not make it unscrewable as well as flip-top, other packaging works like that.

grandmaz Fri 11-Oct-19 19:05:42

I really appreciated the chance to try out the product. I use quite heavyweight creams daily on my arms legs and torso as my skin is so very dry - so usually it all feels a bit as though I'm wearing an extra layer of something. I was a bit surprised that the Balneum goes on so easily without feeling gluey...and it really works for me. It's light and easy to use - there's been no skin irritation whatsoever and my clothes aren't covered in greasy marks on the inside! I love it and shall definitely keep using it - have recommended it to my two close friends as well...we are all of 'a certain age' and really need a good product for our bodies. Thanks Gransnet and Balneum.smile

Carlos66 Fri 11-Oct-19 19:07:43

Thank you for the opportunity to try the Balneum dry skin and itch relief lotion. I enjoyed it.
1. I was very satisfied with the lotion, as it made my skin feel very smooth and was not greasy an did not have a strong smell.
2. The lotion has definitely had a positive effect on my skin. My skin has been noticeably worse since I started going through the menopause. This lotion has helped me a lot and my skin feels much smoother and less itchy especially on my arms.
3. My skin is improving so I will definitely carry on using it and will probably get more once it runs out, as a little goes a long way.
4. I recommend the Balneum lotion to a friend today actually. He has developed eczema with age and is going to purchase it.
Finally I found it easy to use and rub in not too heavy, but it did the job .

Teddy111 Fri 11-Oct-19 19:08:53

Thank you for the opportunity to test this product.
1/ I had an itchy patch on my right shoulder for about three months and I was reluctant to scratch it and damage the skin.After 4 days of using a small amount,the itching stopped.The same with my left elbow, that has stopped itching.
2/The condition of the skin has improved.
3/I will continue to use this product.
4/I have recommended it to my brothers,mother -in- law,92.She thinks it is excellent.Easily absorbed and light.

susiesioux Fri 11-Oct-19 19:09:55

I was quite satisfied with the lotion altho i do prefer to use a cream and found this a little thin
it worked best on the dry skin on my lower legs which tends to be a little scaley and using the product daily after a shower did make my legs feel more moisturised
I will continue using it but not every day just on the bets suited areas because i prefer the luxury feel of thicker cream/butter
I would suggest others try it but as someone else said different skin conditions call for different products as not all suit everybody

dirgni Fri 11-Oct-19 19:11:17

I very much like the product as it’s not so greasy as my regular one. It seems to have stopped the itching too.
Many thanks for the free sample!

Gelisajams Fri 11-Oct-19 19:11:44

I found this very pleasant and easy to use.
It cleared the eczema on my elbows in days. It didn’t heal the particularly itchy patch I have on my back, but the itch relief was quick, cooling and soothing, although after a couple of hours the itch was back, but it was easy to reapply especially in the middle of the night.(at the moment nothing is stopping this itchy patch for long, including various stronger creams prescribed by my GP.)
I will certainly buy more as I prefer it to other moisturising creams I have tried. I definitely think this is a great product for mild eczema and I would be happy to recommend it. Thank you for the trial.

MiniMoon Fri 11-Oct-19 19:12:43

I meant to add that there was a downside with the Balneum sample. The bottle/container I found difficult to open. I have arthritis in my thumb joints, and found the cap difficult to open.

Alison333 Fri 11-Oct-19 19:14:28

I tried Balneum on my lower legs which tend to be dry/itchy, using my usual product on the upper legs. Dryness/itching disappeared within a few days. I would buy it and I like the fact that it doesn't smell of anything. The only thing wrong that I could see was that the cap was quite difficult to get off and also quite hard to see if it really was closed or not - a screw cap would be better.

SuperMum1 Fri 11-Oct-19 19:16:02

Great product & very efficient for dry & itchy skin. When I started using it 2 weeks ago, I noticed the difference after 3 days of using it on my legs, my skin was not dry or itchy anymore. I wish I found that product earlier as I was getting fed up using E45 with no results at all. Well worth it & Highly recommended!!!

TM12 Fri 11-Oct-19 19:16:19

This lotion is extremely good. It goes on easily with no fragrance at all. It is neither too thick or too thin so it glides smoothly on. The best part is that it does not leave any sticky residue at all and my legs felt as smooth as silk stockings after three days of use. It also worked on my dry feet and heels beautifully. The patch of eczema on my eyebrow is no longer visible as the redness and raised skin has completely disappeared as has the itching and scaly skin. I will definitely be buying another bottle and will be exploring the other products in the range. Two family members have already purchased a bottle of Balneum already and a few of my friends have expressed that they too will be doing the same after watching the very successful experience that I have had with the product. All areas look and feel really good; I just need a much larger bottle!

Morgie52 Fri 11-Oct-19 19:17:07

1. Yes I was very satisfied with this product. It is easy to apply and I like that it is fragrance free.
2. Yes. It made my skin less dry.
3. Yes I will continue to use it.
4. Yes I would recommend this.

durstonc Fri 11-Oct-19 19:19:18

I have tried many lotions over the years claiming to help dry skin. Balneum lotion is brilliant, from the first use my skin, tummy and legs in particular, felt hydrated and smooth and the hydration lasted throughout the day. I loved that it’s non greasy, absorbed quickly into the skin and being a lotion a small amount goes a long way. I will definitely continue to use this lotion.

JoGibbons Fri 11-Oct-19 19:20:24

I suffer from dry itchy skin on my legs and elbows. I used the lotion every night after showering and found it easy to apply. It worked really well, no itching or irritation, even after shaving my legs. I have also recommended it to my son who suffers from eczema. I will definitely continue to use it.