Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Read GNer feedback on Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion

(275 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-19 14:17:42

This is the feedback thread for the Gransnet users who have been testing the new Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion.

Here’s what Balneum has to say: “Created from soothing active ingredients such as urea and laureth-6.5, our dry skin and itch relief Lotion reduces irritation and locks moisture back into the skin. Easily absorbed, it’s proven to relieve the itch and is suitable for use with eczema and psoriasis prone skin.”

A bit more about Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion:
- An easily absorbed lotion that is specially formulated to hydrate and soothe dry and itchy skin
- Suitable for large areas of skin, or when a lighter moisturiser is preferred
- Leaves skin feeling soft, supple and smooth thanks to the replacement of much-needed oils and locking moisture into the skin
- Relieves itchy skin, this lotion is also suitable for use with eczema and psoriasis prone skin

If you’d like to see allergy and ingredient information, please click here.

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the below questions, as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed to you:

1. How satisfied were you with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?
2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on?
3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test?
4. Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?

All testers who leave their feedback on both the thread and the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Balneum would also like it if you could leave feedback on the Amazon page for this product.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

Coppernob Mon 21-Oct-19 17:47:25

I have been using the product for only a few days as it took so long to arrive. No noticeable difference yet, but maybe I need to try it for longer. It is a bit on the runny side - I would rather have a cream that I felt more in control of and that didn’t drip everywhere. Not sure yet whether I would buy it again.

Sophrosyne Mon 21-Oct-19 18:43:11

Very pleased to have had the opportunity to try this product. Due to the delivery delay and going abroad and not able to take with me I did not have as long as I would have liked to test it before leaving a review. However, I liked that the lotion was non greasy, non perfumed and was absorbed quickly. Used mainly on dry flaking elbows, shins and knees. I shall continue to use.

morethan2 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:48:07

Thank you for my sample of Balneum lotion.
I am fairly satisfied with the lotion. It absorbed easily because the texture is thinner than my usual lotion for that reason I’d warn others to be careful about spillage when applying.

It did stop the itching almost immediately. It took around three or four days to improve my dry eczema prone skin.

It worked just as well on smaller patches of dry skin as on larger areas.

I would continue to use Balneum. I would be interested to know how the shampoo worked on my very dry scalp.

I’d definitely recommend this lotion to my friends.

Bettysbugs Mon 21-Oct-19 18:49:30

I was a little late to this group on testing, it we got there..I have bad eczema ,and patches that come especially in my hands under my arms between my fingers. On the backs of my knees. Wasn’t sure as the product goes on very cold and it looked watery. .ive been trying it when new parts flare up as well on the old ...and I no it’s not a cure cream ..but I found out the itch wasn’t stuck in the cycle ..it didn’t clear the patches but stopped the cycle...kept Ed the redness at bay.i will keep a bottle in our bathroom .it may be better for us in the hot months due to the cooling effect we found it took ages to dry in and it was better as a barrier after coming out of the bath / shower and covering body in a light coating then popping in dressing gown and try and let it soak in excess towelled off.. I hope this might help others . I feel am still on my quest for the all round miracle.. but this did ease symptoms for us...as a family

Gramm9 Mon 21-Oct-19 19:43:02

Was quite happy with this lotion which worked well for my dry skin. I found it a bit runny but was easily absorbed. Would buy this depending on price and would recommend it to others.

henbane Tue 22-Oct-19 12:39:52

I was hoping to use this on holiday, as outbreaks often occur then, but it didn't arrive in time, so I haven't had as long to test it as had intended. However, I am impressed so far: not only does it seem to be effective, but it is absorbed very quickly, which is an advantage over creams, where you have to wander round half dressed for 20 minutes waiting for them to sink in! I also worry about the fire risks of using creams based on liquid paraffin, as my main problem area is my forearms and the back of my hands, and I have a gas cooker. Unless I experience any problem I shall probably continue using this. I have also found it effective on cracked heels btw.

Helennonotion Tue 22-Oct-19 20:40:51

This product worked really well for me so I was very satisfied! It worked very well on my dry itchy patches of skin. Before trying this I had a really annoying itchy place at the back of my neck/top of my back and within one application I had totally forgotten about it! Also works well on my itchy dry shins. I usually get sore itchy patches at the back of my knees during the winter so I'm hoping this will help with that too. I liked the consitency and found it was absorbed very quickly. I will recommend it to my son who has very dry skin and who would happily use as it's unperfumed. As long as it isn't too expensive I think I would buy more.

bumblebee Thu 24-Oct-19 17:56:46

Many thanks for the opportunity to be part of this product trial.

1. How satisfied were you with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion? Overall, this is a very good product. Light, easily absorbed by the skin, and low greasiness levels. The downside is that it doesn't appear to be as long lasting as other similar products (i.e. the skin doesn't feel as moisturised for the whole day)
2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on? Applying after a shower allows one to get the most benefit from itch-relief. This was the case with this product. But as stated above, this product doesn't appear to be as long lasting as other similar products (i.e. the skin doesn't feel as moisturised for the whole day). This will increase the possibility of itchiness after an extended period.
3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test? Yes, the initial trial was positive. A continued period of use will make it more clear how effective this product is
4. Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion? Yes, the initial trial was positive. But a continued period of use is required to make it clear how effective this product is

smile

Grandmamaoftwo Thu 24-Oct-19 18:11:41

I was very happy to try Balneum Lotion, I suffer with dry itchy skin on my back. I have to get my husband to apply it for me which he says spreads easily and soaks in quickly. It's very soothing with instant relief, lasting a few hours before reapplying. I am allergic to most facial products so I cautiously tried it on my face overnight, I've had no reaction so will continue to use this product. What a relief!

Hasland56 Thu 24-Oct-19 18:19:02

Very pleased to have the opportunity to try this product. I have used lotion on my arms and legs. I can happily recommend for anyone who suffers dry skin.

Bellanonna Thu 24-Oct-19 18:30:29

Just as an aside, I broke a nail trying to lift the cap. I now just take the whole top off. I continue to find it beneficial and the product has certainly reduced itchy skin.

nannabythesea Thu 24-Oct-19 19:02:59

Thank you so much for the opportunity for the trial.

Love the runny texture, it feels so light. It did not however help much with my itchy skin. Unfortunate as it is a fab texture to use daily.

2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on?
It did not improve my skin condition and I was still extremely itchy when using however the texture is lovely to apply.

3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test?
I would use this on some areas but as it didn’t help on some I would have to use something else too. But I like the feel of this product.

4. Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?
I would certainly share my thoughts on the product and suggest it’s worth trying.

Kazzy Thu 24-Oct-19 19:42:11

1. Yes I was quite satisfied with the Balneum lotion, it was very easy to apply and non greasy unlike a lot of other lotions and creams.
2. The skin on my legs has improved if my legs get itchy in the night I just rub some into the dry itchy bits to get some relief.
3. Yes I will carry on using, because it is a thin lotion and goes a long way, so although it is a bit on the expensive side for the size of bottle it will go a lot further than thicker lotions and creams.
4. Yes I would happily recommend Balneum lotion to anyone that has a dry skin problem.

Bettysbugs Fri 25-Oct-19 00:10:45

I used the product loved it.tried many products with excema and just patches of dry skin the itch like mad... even threw my head know ...any how tried this out and do glide the cap found it hard with arthritis ..lotion seemed very runny took ages to soak in..but stopped the itch cycle.yes I would use again but would need to sort out the cap situation..a great product ,just needs a few minor pieces of attention to runny .

Juniper10 Sun 27-Oct-19 12:10:10

I couldn't use Balneum until Friday, as I was waiting for a dermatology appointment and didn't want to skew the findings at my appointment. Perhaps it's too early to tell, but I can't say I've noticed any great improvement in my itchy skin, except for a few minutes after I apply the lotion. Any effect seems to wear off within an hour. No worse than any other anti-itch product, but no better either.

Abe49 Mon 28-Oct-19 21:45:20

I was really pleased with the results after using this product.
The constant itch across my shoulders and back has been much better and I particularly like that there is no smell so doesn’t clash with any other perfumes

I will continue to use it and have recommended it to several friends.

JayDeeJay Tue 29-Oct-19 13:46:10

I was very satisfied with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion. I have dry skin with a tendency to eczema and it felt comfortable on my skin. I was a little wary at first as my skin had just flared up on my hands and I had managed to calm it with a mild steroid cream. But the Balneum had no adverse effect and definitely soothed some further itching.

I also used it on other areas where it helped to relieve dry skin. I would definitely use it again and recommend to others.

Flossieflyby Thu 31-Oct-19 15:33:57

Thank you ! The cream was easily absorbed and felt easy on the skin. Helped alleviate dry skin on elbows and legs - itching reduced.

grantryinghard Thu 31-Oct-19 16:35:42

Very satisfied. It was easy to apply, light but effective.

grantryinghard Thu 31-Oct-19 16:41:09

1. How satisfied were you with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion? - Very satisfied. It was easy to apply, light but effective.
2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on? - I used it on my forearms which had, for some unknown reason, become red and itchy. It was very soothing, and the skin now feels completely normal.
3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test? - Certainly.
4. Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion? - Yes, definitely for anyone who wants a light lotion to use during the day.
Thank you for the opportunity to try this product.

bestwifeyet Thu 31-Oct-19 16:59:16

i really loved it. used it everywhere! Would recommend and will definately buy again.

beastiemama Thu 31-Oct-19 17:49:00

I was very pleased to try Balneum dry skin and itch relief Lotion. I have been ill for quite a while, but am now able to give my feedback.
I am very satisfied with Balneum
I used the lotion on all parts of my body, including my face, which often flares-up, and found especially useful on my face
I shall definately be using Balneum in the future and have already recommend it to my son in law, who is useing it.

Giggles04 Sat 02-Nov-19 18:49:27

I was very pleased to test this Balneum dry skin lotion. I think it was very effective in suppressing the itchiness, and soothing the skin.
I used the lotion mainly on my arms and legs and found it worked in calming the dry and itchy skin.
I will definitely use this product again.
I have recommended this lotion to friends and family too.
I must apologise for my late response, unfortunately family illness has taken up my time. Thank you for your understanding. I really appreciate being able to test this product.

MrsBbed Sun 15-Dec-19 22:31:27

I was keen to try this as I'm forever looking for something for my dry legs. I mean what is it about how dry the skin on your legs get the older you get? This has stopped the nightly bedroom carpet snowstorm as I take my legs out of my trousers!!

I also can report that I used it as aftersun on a recent winter sunshine holiday. I forget the aftersun and thought well I'll give this a try. It was brilliant. That bit was a real surprise. Since using it and telling people about it so many have told me how they knew about it for eczema. No wonder it worked!