Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

UK female GNer aged 56-65? Volunteers needed for Clearblue Clinical project: £20 to all participants (in exchange for a pot of wee!) VOLUNTEERING NOW CLOSED

(58 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 13-Nov-15 12:54:05

A plea for help is below from the team at Clearblue - find out more below - we know it's an interesting one for Gransnet and we'd be thrilled if you could help! grin

Clearblue say "At Clearblue we put women right at the heart of everything we do – from education and technological development through to design, research, clinical studies, field trials and testing. Our mission is to transform the way women manage their reproductive health.

We believe it is important that women have accurate pregnancy tests with results that can be trusted. Therefore we test our products with a wide variety of clinical samples so we can make the best possible products and so that we understand the physiology of all women. Using samples from women aged 56-65 is important so that we can be sure our tests work no matter who uses them.

We are looking for women aged 56 to 65 who are willing to collect a urine sample and send it back to us by free-post. All study materials and full instructions will be provided and you will be given a *£20 Love-To-Shop voucher as a thank you to compensate you for your time*"

If you're able and willing to take part please register with one of their friendly Clinicals team via a call or email

01234 835522
[email protected]

Please mention "Gransnet"

They go onto say "typically more than 5,000 women contribute to the development of each product and we quality check around 30,000 tests before a new product is launched. Altogether 120,000 women from 10 countries have participated in Clearblue clinical research to date and we continue to increase these numbers every single day. Based at the Clearblue innovation centre in Bedford, UK we run lots of clinical trials - in-house, by post (like this one), and at study sites in the UK and abroad and we need your help! For over a quarter of a century we have helped millions of women across the globe by delivering accurate & clear answers at life-changing moments.

If you are aged between 56 and 65 then volunteer to provide a urine sample to help us continue to make products which have a real impact on women’s lives. All Clearblue clinical research studies are approved by an independent ethics committee and follow special international study regulations so you can rest assured that your information will be kept confidential. Your samples and personal information will only ever be used for purposes you have agreed to".

Both Clearblue and Gransnet hope you will get in touch with them!

Thank you
GNHQ and The Clearblue Innovation Centre Team (Dr Sarah Johnson, Dr Fiona Clancy and Pauline Parsons)

PS any questions, please ask!

Maggiemaybe Fri 13-Nov-15 13:33:25

£20 to compensate you for your time? Not a bad hourly rate. I'm in. smile

trisher Fri 13-Nov-15 14:01:22

I'm too old- boo!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 13-Nov-15 14:11:19

Serves you right if it comes back you're pregnant Maggiemaybe. hmm

Maggiemaybe Fri 13-Nov-15 16:32:54

shock grin

Nelliemoser Fri 13-Nov-15 19:37:26

Too old.

bikergran Fri 13-Nov-15 20:06:00

for £20 a time...they have as many samples as they want hmm now then! what to spend the £20 on........hmm

grannylyn65 Fri 13-Nov-15 20:27:13

Yeah, too old sad

Tegan Fri 13-Nov-15 20:35:05

I thought urine had to be kept refrigerated and then tested within a short space of time confused.

Indinana Fri 13-Nov-15 21:03:05

Perhaps it's a wind up - that is, someone's taking the pi$$ grin

bikergran Sat 14-Nov-15 07:34:27

ohhhh but I've already spent my £20 shock

Auntieflo Sat 14-Nov-15 09:07:10

Too old for this wheeze, but wouldn't they like to test some of our " well aged" varieties that could be on offer from GN's

Teetime Sat 14-Nov-15 09:26:45

I am in my prime and have wee to spare so count me in.

vampirequeen Sat 14-Nov-15 12:41:46

I'll do that for £20.

stillhere Sat 14-Nov-15 14:42:13

In for a Penny.... grin
In for £20!

That's inflation for you!

MountainAsh Sat 14-Nov-15 18:37:56

And me, cos I ain't got a pot to pi$$ in.

suzieq Sat 14-Nov-15 19:04:05

What's to lose apart from a very little dignity and time. Have emailed them...

Envious Sat 14-Nov-15 19:13:47

Too bad they don't need American pee sad

stillhere Sat 14-Nov-15 19:43:00

The postage would cost too many pees.

rosesarered Sat 14-Nov-15 21:08:37

I'm not posting pots of wee to anyone.

stillhere Sun 15-Nov-15 14:53:14

I still feel mortified when I remember first being pregnant, and being asked to take a 'sample' in to the Dr's. I took in a whole jamjar full! blush I had no idea what they intended to do with it!

Anya Sun 15-Nov-15 15:40:04

Is it April 1st?

stillhere a friend washed out one of those flat whisky bottles and filled that........but she accidentally left it in the taxi!!! hmm

stillhere Sun 15-Nov-15 16:02:06

grin grin grin

I have a friend who kicked her husband out after he came home and tried to get her to sleep with a friend to whom he owed money... She replaced the whisky in his precious rare whiskies collection with an awful lots of urine samples!

vampirequeen Sun 15-Nov-15 16:24:25

Absolutely fantastic.

eccentric Mon 16-Nov-15 15:09:48

Me to I will