Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

GNer – do you have a sensitive bladder and use pants? Share your story and help empower women like you! NOW CLOSED

(27 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 10-Aug-15 13:33:44

We have been asked by Always Discreet to find 3 MN or GN volunteers who have a sensitive bladder - who wear pants to help with this - and who are willing and able to act as a case study for the brand. If this is you, please read on, if not then ignore this email.

We are working with Always Discreet and last year we successfully recruited a number of mumsnetters and gransnetters who were part of an awe inspiring female health project around sensitive bladder, sharing their stories, helping to banish the taboos surrounding the topic and talking about the products that worked for them.

The team at Always Discreet say "did you know, 1 in 3 women in the UK experience sensitive bladder at some point in their lives? We understand the huge impact this condition can have on a woman’s day to day life and how it can sometimes stop her wearing the clothes she loves, travelling to new places and even exercising the way she used to".

Now, they are looking for three more women who live with bladder sensitivity to share their stories. And this time, they are looking specifically for any ladies who use incontinence pants as their main form of protection from bladder leaks. They want to capture the stories in a variety of different ways including on film, as short audio podcasts and as written stories and share the positive effects that new Always Discreet products are having on the users lives. Exact details of how they hope to work with volunteers can be found in the below terms and conditions, and they will of course compensate you for your time if you are one of the selected three.

If you are selected as one of the three to share your story, Always will send you two month’s worth of Always Discreet Incontinence Pants for Sensitive Bladder to trial. They will then work with you to capture your story on film as well as your feedback on the product similar to Elaine’s story which can be seen here. Exact details of how we hope to work together can be found below, and you will be compensated for your time if you are one of the selected three with £500.

So if you have a positive story about how you manage your sensitive bladder and you’d like to help empower other women living with sensitive bladder, we would love to hear from you.

Do add your details here: www.surveymonkey.com/r/HGXWGHX

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes

GNHQ

Terms & Conditions

In order to participate you must be 18 or over and have experienced a sensitive bladder and used Always Discreet at least once before.
The recruitment phase closes on 17 August.
Mumsnet/ Gransnet will send a list of everyone who applies (with no contact details) on this date to Always. Always will then indicate who they’d like on the shortlist and contact details for those folks will be passed on.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone/email by a member of the Always Discreet team within one month of this date.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to sign a Consent Form before participating in the final selection stage and confirm their availability for filming (exact dates to be agreed at final selection stage).
Shortlisted applicants will be required to participate in a face to face or remote meeting (via phone call) with a member of the Always Discreet team to have a further discussion around their story and how comfortable they feel telling it. The final 3 participants will be selected based on our need to show and discuss a wide range of stories and experiences with the condition.
Successful participants will be contacted by Hill & Knowlton on behalf of P&G and need to confirm their participation which includes availability for filming (location to be confirmed at time) in August and September.
The selected 3 participants will be required to tell their story and talk about the Always Discreet products that they use, which will be captured on video. Photographs will also be taken. The video and imagery will be used in digital and print channels supported by paid media and editorial media placements. The selected 3 participants will be compensated with a cash incentive of £500 each for their time. All expenses incurred during filming/ photography will be covered

Ana Mon 10-Aug-15 13:50:22

Well, I don't have a sensitive bladder but I do use pants...! confused

Tegan Mon 10-Aug-15 13:53:30

I don't want to take part in any films etc blush but I do suffer from a touch of 'key in door' syndrome and I have to drink de caffeinated tea and coffee most of the time because of it.

Jane10 Mon 10-Aug-15 13:55:31

Hard to imagine who would volunteer for this!!

Greenfinch Mon 10-Aug-15 14:03:53

Not me for sure! shock

Riverwalk Mon 10-Aug-15 14:47:25

I just can't stand the language:

Awe inspiring

Bladder sensitivity (incontinence would do)

Capture your story - on film (WTF!)

grin

MiniMouse Mon 10-Aug-15 15:03:36

"Capture your story on film" - Imagine the out-takes blush grin

Jane10 Mon 10-Aug-15 15:14:32

Just need Harry Hill for the commentary !

TriciaF Mon 10-Aug-15 15:47:22

Why the euphemism? Just say "leaky"!
Mine sometimes leaks when I cough or sneeze but I don't wear special pants. I just get changed.
I'm not volunteering btw.

Indinana Mon 10-Aug-15 17:28:49

"...helping to banish the taboos surrounding this topic." Well if taboos are to be banished, let's call this topic what it is: incontinence. Instead of using the euphemistic "sensitive bladder" which implies that it is a taboo subject confused

Anne58 Mon 10-Aug-15 19:20:55

I must agree, the TV ad referring to "sensitive bladder" showing women leaping about rather irritates!

Sensitive skin, yes, means that your skin reacts badly to certain products/ingredients, sensitive stomach, perhaps some food stuffs may upset it, but "sensitive bladder" is just daft!

The annoying thing is tha they wil have already spent a fair bit of money on market research, focus groups etc before deciding to use this ridiculous phrase!
I would have been far happier to have taken part in THAT research.

Anne58 Mon 10-Aug-15 19:40:46

Sorry for typos, still getting used to the Hudl blush But at least I seem to have overcome the Spanish punctuation thing!

rosesarered Mon 10-Aug-15 21:58:03

I keep remembering that fast forwarded Benny Hill sketch, where the bus full of pensioners stops at the loo, and they all run in and then back to the bus, only for it all to happen again a few stops later.grin

Teetime Tue 11-Aug-15 08:59:26

Not volunteering but just to be clear sensitive bladder does not mean total incontinence it means things like urgent need to micturate (if you like the proper words) . Its important research but I would rather it was done by urologists than pad companies.

Indinana Tue 11-Aug-15 09:27:31

Thanks Teetime, I stand corrected. Though I still feel the term is euphemistic, or at least not properly descriptive of the condition - we always used to call it a weak bladder. Sensitive to me implies a reaction to certain things, as phoenix has said above.

Jane10 Tue 11-Aug-15 12:43:08

Obviously it would be fun to be a film star but in a film about incontinence -not exactly going to be appearing at Cannes film festival no matter how awesome it is!! Bet the sales people thought they'd be on to a sure fire winner by contacting Gransnet. Pah!!

Anne58 Wed 12-Aug-15 09:59:40

I'm also a bit hmm at theidea that padded knickers can somehow be "empowering"

Anne58 Wed 12-Aug-15 10:02:53

But I suppose that's not so different from some tampons giving you the ability to roller skate

gillybob Wed 12-Aug-15 12:27:20

Oh but they do phoenix.

....and I should know I am right in the middle of my first period for 3 months and I sky dived to work (ran the last mile), cartwheeled into my office and have danced all morning. I am going home on my roller skates.

Ohhhhhhhhh Body form, body form for yoooooooooooooooo grin

Elegran Wed 12-Aug-15 12:31:48

But did one tampon or one pad last you for a day's work and an night on the tiles? No? You must be using the wrong brand.

gillybob Wed 12-Aug-15 12:39:53

Oh, you got me there Elegran . There is no way I could manage a day at work and a night on the tiles. It's one or the other these days, with or without the tampon. grin

Elegran Wed 12-Aug-15 12:47:07

One or the other is too much now. Once upon a time . . .

HildaW Wed 12-Aug-15 13:32:22

Please Please...can the industry stop using that daft phrase 'sensitive bladder'.....its such a vague weasily term that means absolutely nothing. If someone has incontinence for any reason they need to get it checked out not just brush it off as 'sensitive'.

Granny23 Wed 12-Aug-15 15:35:04

I call my propensity to wet myself STRESS INCONTINENCE. It happens when I cough, sneeze, try to suppress burps, farts or laughter. Also dancing, jumping and running can set me off. However I won't be applying, not out of false modesty but because I use pads rather than pants for two reasons - 1) you can change a pad quickly without having to remove tights, pants and trousers and 2) the pants are far to expensive for everyday use especially if you require 2 or 3 pairs a day.

Anne58 Wed 12-Aug-15 17:16:30

I did mention pads during part of my rant well thougt out post about "engaging with the customer". At the time, I had only bought them because I had a very bad cough blush . The cough has now mainly gone, and although I haven't bought any more, they are quite (ahem) handy on occasions when you feel that you just might be having a very busy day with a risk of coughing.