Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

NOW CLOSED UK GNer - do you provide regular childcare for your grandchild(ren) aged 11 or under? Please complete a survey for GNHQ - you could win £100!

(30 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 28-Jan-15 12:05:54

We'd like to know about your experience (as a grandparent) in providing regular childcare for your grandchildren.

This survey is open to all UK Gransnet users who provide regular childcare for a grandchild/children aged 0-11.

As a thank you, all respondents (who leave their details at the end) will be entered into a prize draw in which one GNer will win a £100 Amazon voucher.

Here's the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C3VMBZ5

Thanks and good luck
GNHQ

glassortwo Wed 28-Jan-15 13:26:48

Completed.

besottedgran Wed 28-Jan-15 15:18:55

Completed

Anya Wed 28-Jan-15 15:43:51

Completed ..but why is it asking for a MN name???

Mishap Wed 28-Jan-15 15:46:12

I did too - it seems to assume that caring for your GC causes lots of tensions - cheery lot!

eGJ Wed 28-Jan-15 16:32:46

ditto Mishap no tensions here!!

AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 28-Jan-15 18:05:52

Anya - good spot - have amended.
Glad to hear no tensions for some of you! And look forward to full set of results.

kittylester Thu 29-Jan-15 07:01:09

Completed! No conflict here either! I relish the time spent with DGC and their parents appreciate the help I give!

gillybob Thu 29-Jan-15 11:49:59

I have done the survey. I would have liked it worded it a bit differently and perhaps some room for additional comments or explanations.

I did say the only (tiny) bit of tension we have is picking up and dropping up times. This is not a critisism at all in fact it is almost a standing joke between DH and I. smile

Mamardoit Thu 29-Jan-15 12:10:53

Done. On the ages of GC we could only tick.....I needed to put 2 for twins.

Coppernob Thu 29-Jan-15 17:41:10

Completed. I agree that it assumes there is tension between the parents and carer. I currently look after my 2 granddaughters (number 3 due in March) and there has never been any tension between their parents and me. For me it's a delight and a privilege to be able to spend quality time with my granddaughters, and I know how much my son and daughter in law appreciate it. It's a pleasure to be able to help them out a bit.

Chocolatechomp Thu 29-Jan-15 18:46:25

Absolutely no tensions with our son and d-in-l. In fact I have everyone on Sunday's to for dinner. I wouldn't change a thing. My only concern is when my daughter and s-in-l have a child, they live about 25 miles away down a very busy motorway and would want to help them and be a part of our grandchild's life. Hope We can sort something to help with childcare

Sue162 Thu 29-Jan-15 18:51:08

Completed. My DH and I feel privileged to be able to help although three of our grandchildren live some distance away so childcare involves early morning starts and sometimes traffic problems. The only downside is how tired we feel sometimes but we wouldn't want to change a thing! smile

inishowen Thu 29-Jan-15 19:02:43

Done. I love looking after my granddaughter, but it is a very long day, and I'm shattered by 6pm!

JoJo58 Thu 29-Jan-15 20:12:48

Done, I love looking after my three grandchildren, I gave up work to look after them, so that my Daughter can fulfill her vocation of becoming a Midwife, I am tired at the end of the day, but it's so rewarding.

nonnanna Thu 29-Jan-15 20:17:45

Completed

KarenPalmer Thu 29-Jan-15 20:49:48

I have completed it , it failed to ask about taking, picking up from school which is something I also do on a regular basis but I didn't count that as a looking after day, I only included days when I have the littlest ones all day.

farmor51 Thu 29-Jan-15 22:12:25

completed

gillybob Thu 29-Jan-15 23:33:18

Same here KarenPalmer I only included the days and overnights not the taking to and from school. Or the every other weekend. confused

Nanabelle Thu 29-Jan-15 23:50:55

completed

Grandma2213 Fri 30-Jan-15 00:16:12

Completed but I too would have liked some space to comment/explain. For example their father (my son) lives with me and it is his relationship with their mother which causes much of the tension. Also just tick boxes for ages - I look after another two of the same ages on different days.

oldperson Sat 31-Jan-15 15:05:33

Completed but was concerned that they felt tension was a problem. I have looked after 3 of my grandchildren from very small to school age, then collected from school, give tea, take to after school activities. In the holidays I usually have my 7 year old grandson and his 14 year old autistic brother for two days a week. In the holidays I also look after another 7 year old and his older siblings between their mother going to work and their father coming home - only a couple of hours.
It does get rather complicated and I have to mark it all on the calendar.

Madwuman Sat 31-Jan-15 15:14:28

Completed :D

Lindajoy Sat 31-Jan-15 16:28:17

Love looking after them. Lucky we all get on so well!

grumppa Mon 02-Feb-15 15:28:32

Some rather odd assumptions, so in the end I didn't submit my completed answer. What was odd is that DW and I looked at it together on our respective iPads and the individual questions in main questions 10 and 11 (tensions with parents and between grandparents) came up in a different order on the two screens. This caused some tension until we realised what was going on.