Gransnet forums

Pets

An update from Trubel and Tigger

(2 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Wed 17-Aug-22 12:24:16

Some of you kindly asked for an update.

Today we have been to the vet. Kittens rode there and back in the cat basket, which was placed in my cargo bike on a mattress sewn to fit under it as cargo bikes do not have shock absorbers!

According to Trubel who takes travelling in her stride, Tigger made an exhibition of himself complaining and trying to claw his way out of the cat carrier. No joy there, it has stood up to stronger cats and claws than his.

At the vet he behaved impeccably while being examined, chipped and innoculated. But while Trubel was the focus of attention, he roamed the floor finding such things as the vet's printer, which I deterred him from wandering around on, and a sink that he jumped up into.

Trubel made threatening gestures at the vet with her highly efficient front paws (each of which has an extra toe and claw) and forgot herself to the extend of growling at him.

He fortunately is a cat lover, so he obligingly gave her time-out while he filled in the paper work (two EU passports) and Trubel realising when he picked her up again that her wild-cat act had met with no success put up with his ministrations.

She did behave a little less dignifiedly on the way home, joining in the attempt to GET OUT OF THE CAT CARRIER.
Cat carrier won that round.

Back home they were rewarded with chewy sticks , as you can see.

(Haven't told them we are going back in four weeks' time for their booster vaccinations, and that a more serious appointment is scheduled for mid-October, when they are old enough to be neutered.)

Clean bill of health for both, I may add.

In the three weeks we have had them, both have put on a little weight, are starting to catch flies and become quite a bit stronger. Both know their names (and the meaning of that annoying word, "NO") Trubel can now arch her back, fluff out her tail to resemble a flue brush and dance sideways on stiff legs with her ears laid back, all at the same time and beautifully co-ordinated.)

Tigger stared at this apparition for a few days then tried to copy it - he has got as far as arching his back and dancing sideways. His fur is getting darker ginger and the stribes more pronounced.

Kinsi10 Wed 17-Aug-22 12:40:13

Lovely story, lovely cats. Well done, Grandtante