Gransnet forums

Pets

Somebody said Andie looked ugley this morning.

(19 Posts)
HUNTERF Mon 29-Jul-13 12:12:18

I am just wondering why somebody would come up to the owner of a dog and say that?.
I understand some people do not like dogs but I think it would be far better if they just avoided him if that was their view.

Frank

Anne58 Mon 29-Jul-13 12:13:26

How very unkind!

HUNTERF Mon 29-Jul-13 12:19:32

Well all I can say is Andie gets a friend most days.

Frank

Nonu Mon 29-Jul-13 12:27:17

That is downright mean , I hope you gave him a nice little treat to help his hurt feelings !!

Very sad for Andie

shysal Mon 29-Jul-13 13:13:13

It is said that owners grow to resemble their dogs. I hope nobody has told you that you are ugly too! Some of the ugliest owners pets are the cutest, that is part of the appeal.
Sending a ((((hug)))) and brew to Andie.

Charleygirl Mon 29-Jul-13 13:19:37

Poor Andie, I hope that he is having a good sleep to try and forget that nasty upset. People can be so cruel and I doubt if he/she was a good looker. It is personality that counts. Please give Andie a treat.

Ella46 Mon 29-Jul-13 14:51:06

Frank Perhaps you could put a photo of Andie up on one of the picture threads, then we can see how cute he is?

Gally Mon 29-Jul-13 15:49:58

Maybe we could see one of the two of you, then we could see how handsome you both are wink

Ella46 Mon 29-Jul-13 16:00:00

Gally shock rather forward!

Ella46 Mon 29-Jul-13 16:00:22

grin

Aka Mon 29-Jul-13 16:22:07

I'm shocked. This could really knock Andie's sense of doggy worth. I suggest you book him into a canine grooming salon for at bit of poochy pampering to boost his self esteem. There's one close to you called 'Wash & Groom' which doesn't sound too poncy for a masculine dog hmm

Galen Mon 29-Jul-13 16:26:15

grin

shysal Mon 29-Jul-13 17:36:47

DD's business is called Mutts' Cuts, perhaps more appropriate for an ugly dog, but not in your area, Frank.

Ana Mon 29-Jul-13 17:38:30

Are you sure that isn't the name of a vet's surgery, Shysal? grin

glammanana Mon 29-Jul-13 18:14:19

Poor Andie sad hoping it didn't knock his confidence,my Barney is the scruffiest JR you have every seen and to-morrow he goes for the first time to the Grooming Parlour so he may come back looking like a skinned rabbit. grin I was walking our English Bulldog one day and a bloke came up and said she was the uglist Bulldog he had ever seen,I told him he was no oil painting himself and asked him if he had a full length mirror,I don't know where I got the courage from.shock

shysal Mon 29-Jul-13 19:03:03

glamma grin

Thistledoo Mon 29-Jul-13 19:18:22

Perhaps you should have said to this awful person. Yes, and Andie speaks very highly you too. flowers

HUNTERF Mon 29-Jul-13 20:58:42

Andie had his hair cut about 2 weeks ago and I have given him a bath on Saturday as he got mud on himself in the park.
Even better than me giving him a treat somebody bought him a packet of Schmakos today and they gave him 1 and I have got the rest of the packet for him.
I think Andie likes getting treats from other people as he knows the family likes him and he must feel even better knowing other people like him as well.
I will put an up to date photo on Gransnet soon.

Frank

glammanana Tue 30-Jul-13 16:06:41

Well Barney is back from the beauty parlour and what a transformation he looks delightful all cut down with the exception of the whiskers around his mouth as I insisted the groomer kept his muzzle on,didn't fancy getting sued !! he coped very well as this was his first time he is now sulking in his basket with his head against the wall but will no doubt perk up once the chicken is carved for dinner grin will post a nice picture of him when he is co-operative enough.