CountessFosco Fri 05-May-23 16:55:13

Seen on local Nextdoor website :

For sale, Antique CD stand grin

Marydoll Fri 05-May-23 17:23:23

I had to think about that for a moment.

ExDancer Fri 05-May-23 17:25:56

HEE hee

MerylStreep Fri 05-May-23 17:30:34

We often have them donated in our charity shop. They all go in the skip.

Foxygloves Fri 05-May-23 18:06:21

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

DamaskRose Fri 05-May-23 18:07:03

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

sophya Fri 08-Sep-23 05:15:25

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MiniMoon Fri 08-Sep-23 09:27:11

Have CD's been around that long? 🤣🤣

Elegran Fri 08-Sep-23 09:50:59

They seem to have vanished from the charity shops near me. I could do with a wooden one to put on its side on my desk, behind the PC monitor, to keep all the bits and pieces of clutter that accumulate on the desk - if you tidy them away or throw them out they aren't there when you want them. The CD stand would have a row of cubbyholes like the ones in an antique roll-top desk, and the side (now top) of it would hold my coffee-cup and a mug full of pens and pencils. But of course, now that I have a use for one, there are none around, antique or not.

Mollygo Fri 08-Sep-23 10:34:34

That’s funny. I still occasionally see one outside our local charity shop. They’re never there long but whether that’s because someone’s bought it or because it’s gone in the skip, I don’t know.
We bought a new unit for our vinyl collection from a charity shop a few years ago.

Ailidh Fri 08-Sep-23 11:04:32

Oh, that things that were innovative to us are now "from the olden days"!

A support worker where I live was quizzing me on my past as a Russian linguist and asked if I'd visited Russia. I told him I had, when it was the Soviet Union. He gazed at me in wonder, as though beholding a rare and aged specimen. "You were in the Soviet Union in Brezhnev's time!!!"

I felt antique myself 🙂

grandtanteJE65 Sat 09-Sep-23 12:22:27

CountessFosco

Seen on local Nextdoor website :

For sale, Antique CD stand grin

Obviously, the writer has no idea what antique actually means!

He/she is not alone. Most people assume it means the same as "old".