Gransnet forums

News & politics

Zara's baby news

(15 Posts)
glammanana Fri 17-Jan-14 12:58:02

Just read that Zara Phillips gave birth to a baby girl this morning,a little playmate for Prince George hope mother & baby are both well nice uplifting news on a grey day.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 17-Jan-14 13:00:24

Awww! That's really nice. smile

Grannyeggs Fri 17-Jan-14 13:41:51

Lovely news, I wonder how quickly she will be put on the back of a pony!

merlotgran Fri 17-Jan-14 13:43:51

Horses v Rugby.....I bet Zara and Princess Anne are punching the air. grin

Tegan Fri 17-Jan-14 15:00:52

She was at a point to point on Sunday! When she won the World Championships she was quite emotional about a friend of hers that had died eventing; I wonder if she'll bame the baby after her?

GadaboutGran Fri 17-Jan-14 15:24:33

Will the Grandma join Gransnet?

henetha Fri 17-Jan-14 17:34:07

Yippee for Zara and Mike. I bet they will be lovely down-to-earth parents.

MiceElf Fri 17-Jan-14 18:11:04

Did anybody hear that twerp Nicholas Witchell say that if the baby had been a boy we could look forward to great sporting achievement?

I wonder what her granny would have today to that.

Brendawymms Fri 17-Jan-14 19:03:21

Did not see anything on BBC 16.00 news. Did I blink or are they being their usual selves!

merlotgran Fri 17-Jan-14 19:20:46

Great sporting MALE achievement like drunken shenanigans after a rugby match?

Mummy only has an Olympic silver medal and Granny a European Gold???

What a prat Nicholas Witchel is angry

Tegan Fri 17-Jan-14 19:32:22

NHS hospital as well according to the news.

Galen Fri 17-Jan-14 20:11:37

Same one dd had dgd2 in end of October.

Iam64 Sat 18-Jan-14 10:49:50

Nicholas Witchell/Schmitzchel - classic misogyny, alive and well. This little girls female relatives are a real good group of strong women, let's hope some of their genes are seen in this little one soon. She'll be on a pony as soon as she can sit up is my prediction.

Anne58 Sat 18-Jan-14 11:56:20

I think Zara would do the same with a boy, they do ride you know!

Tegan Sat 18-Jan-14 12:03:57

True, but show jumping and eventing are probably the two main sports where men and women compete on a totally level playing field. I bet that, unlike most royal women [thinks Ann Boleyn et al] she secretly wanted a girl. Supposedly she had the baby in the morning and was home by the afternoon. Will probably be at the point to point tomorrow [she has two horses involved I believe]. I love that girl! Taking bets for baby being world champion or Olympic Gold medal winner in 20 years time. Or even first Grand National winning lady jockey [although that would have been more likely if she'd stayed with Dickie].