Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Anyone near the Hampshire/Berkshire/ Surrey borders?

(63 Posts)
WrinklyOldBag Wed 06-May-20 10:06:39

Good morning everyone. I have just joined and am enjoying reading lots of your "threads" smile do any of you live near Crowthorne/Finchampstead/Sandhurst?

Greenfinch Wed 06-May-20 10:41:24

I do and hope we can meet up later in the year.

east12 Sun 10-May-20 21:33:09

I am in Epsom, would like to join this if possible depending on where the meet takes place.

Deedaa Sun 10-May-20 21:37:47

I'm in Bracknell. Looking forward to getting out again eventually!

LullyDully Mon 11-May-20 08:14:53

Welcome. I am on the Wiltshire side of Hampshire. We have a growing group round Portsmouth/ Southampton so a bit far for you.

Espes Mon 11-May-20 22:16:21

I live in Aldershot and would love to meet up when life starts to get back to something like normal. I'm new on here and really enjoying all the different forums.

dizzyblonde Mon 11-May-20 22:18:48

I’m in Frimley, would love to meet up in the post covid world.

Espes Mon 11-May-20 22:35:46

One day... Who knows when if tonight's press conference is anything to go by! Still getting my head round meeting one member of my family at a time confused

Greenfinch Tue 12-May-20 14:24:20

Looks like a lot of interest here. I am in Finchampstead and most recently we have been meeting in Wokingham. In the past we have met in Camberley which might suit those living in Frimley and Aldershot and would be good for dustyangel when she is in the country. We have also met in Reading. It depends how far people are willing to travel.We are shielding at the moment so can't look too far into the future.sad

HAZBEEN Tue 12-May-20 17:42:00

Dont forget we met in Staines Greenfinch even if you did get lost on the High Street! I do hope I will be able to join you where ever you meet up next time, I was so sorry not to be able to come to the last few meet ups.

Greenfinch Tue 12-May-20 17:53:31

Of course HAZBEEN. How could I possibly forget Staines and the lovely young people who accessed GN and found out which coffee shop I should have been in. grin. I have also been to meet ups in Guildford,Dorking and Cobham. Or was it Chobham ?Those were the days envy Oh and I must not forget Oxford.

Deedaa Wed 13-May-20 17:48:10

My black car is currently pale yellow with pollen and covered in pine cones! I do go and turn the engine over occasionally. I expect it will be able to find its way to all our usual haunts.

WrinklyOldBag Thu 20-Aug-20 23:50:44

I am so sorry its been months since I posted this thread (I am still home alone unable to get out anywhere)
My Internet crashes more than it stays connected this last few months but tonight it has allowed me to read (hundreds) of emails and log in here too smile
With very limited immune system i think its going to be a very long time before I venture out of these 4 walls BUT if any of u r on WhatsApp I am happy to add u if u send me ur name/mobile phone number in a personal message here.
Take care and stay "safe" everyone
WrinklyOld Bag

Marydoll Fri 21-Aug-20 00:27:18

WrinklyOldBag, I know you are keen to have social interaction, but please be cautious about giving out your mobile number to anyone on here. Unfortunately, people are not always who they say they are.

WrinklyOldBag Fri 21-Aug-20 18:44:10

Marydoll
Thank you for pointing this out to me...im afraid i judge others as i like to be judged myself (honest/trustworthy) but u r 100% correct

Marydoll Fri 21-Aug-20 19:00:41

WrinklyOldBag, it's sad that we have to do that, but in the event of recent events on here, it's best to be safe than sorry.
However, nothing wrong with doing it, once you have met someone in person at a meet up. Good luck.

WrinklyOldBag Fri 21-Aug-20 20:33:51

I didnt know anything had happened on here but the chances of me escaping these 4 walls to be able to meet up are sadly very slim which is why i joined here to try to find people to chat with...once again "thank u" for ur kind thoughts smile take care

Greenfinch Fri 21-Aug-20 21:26:15

Wringlyoldbag I think I am very near you geographically and like you we have been shielding and don't go out much. I don't do What's App but if you are happy to"chat" by PM I am happy to do so.

WrinklyOldBag Wed 26-Aug-20 00:18:08

Site keeps logging me out when I try to log in here to send u a pm ... Greenfinch can u send me a pm please to see if i can log in easier to read messages (?) "Thank you"

Randa Sun 30-Aug-20 10:17:14

I’m in Woking would love to meet up

Greenfinch Mon 31-Aug-20 17:21:40

Much as it would be lovely to meet up I think it is inadvisable until the restrictions on groups meeting inside are lifted and while the use of public transport remains a problem. As we are a rural group and are widespread geographically it would not seem sensible to suggest an outdoor meeting and then have to cancel it at the last moment because of the weather. If you live near someone and have your own transport you could perhaps suggest meeting in pairs.I only live about 5 miles from Auntieflo so will probably have a coffee with her and Deedaa we could meetup if you are happy to drive.There maybe others who live near one another but let's hope we can all meet up sometime in the not too distant future.

Deedaa Sat 05-Sep-20 14:37:12

Now the GSs are back at school (fingers crossed) I am able to think about planning outings. I could certainly drive to meet up with you Greenfinch

Greenfinch Thu 17-Sep-20 10:38:24

Deeda I have sent you a pm.

Deedaa Thu 17-Sep-20 20:27:32

Greenfinch pm'd you.

Fernbergien Sat 31-Oct-20 13:33:03

Espes tried to PM you but it said you weren’t receiving at moment. I live in Aldershot to. So you could PM me. Or anyone else in this location. Regards to all.