Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

5th June Bluewater meetup reminder

(26 Posts)
nanapug Wed 29-May-13 18:54:03

Hello every one. Just a quick reminder that I have arranged a meetup, in the Costa at the back of Waterstones in Bluewater, on Wednesday the 5th June at 11am. I do hope someone will turn up!! As suggested, to recognise each other, we can have a scarf hanging off our handbag. I will get there in plenty of time and grab a table, and leave my handbag with said scarf attached on the table. Who is coming?

seasider Thu 30-May-13 00:27:44

Hi would love to join you for a coffee but just a bit far! have fun smile

nanapug Thu 30-May-13 10:00:14

Thank you seasider, at this rate I might be Billy no mates ;)

nanapug Fri 31-May-13 22:06:51

Come on ladies, where are you all. I want a good chat on Wednesday x

nanapug Mon 03-Jun-13 10:00:21

Just bumping this up in the hope that some more people will see this and join us. Would love it to be a success. Who is coming? If you are a Bluewater virgin you should address that ;) It is a great place and the parking is free xx

whenim64 Mon 03-Jun-13 10:07:42

Hope you get a good turnout, nanapug. I can highly recommend Gransnet meet-ups - really enjoyable get-togethers in my experience. smile

nanapug Mon 03-Jun-13 15:09:55

Thank you whenim64, so do I but as yet no definite takers. Hey ho, at least I tried. Will have to travel to one further away if nothing comes of this as I love meeting new people.

seasider Mon 03-Jun-13 22:13:25

What a shame Nanapug. I have not been able to get any takers in the Blackpool area but have been lucky enough to get to the North West meet-ups. Is there a Gransnet local site near you? at least you and the local editor could have a select gathering! smile

nanapug Tue 04-Jun-13 10:29:42

Ok, this is truly the last reminder. Costa at the back of Waterstones at Bluewater tomorrow at 11am. If you are coming, tie a scarf to your handbag as "the sign" and we will know you are "one of us"!! Looking forward to meeting any one who does come xx

whenim64 Tue 04-Jun-13 10:33:01

Nanapug if I lived nearby I would join you like a shot! Have a good time smile

sparkledeb Tue 04-Jun-13 10:40:19

Hi
I would definitely come, I love meeting people too! but it would have to be on a Monday or Wednesday due to work commitments. I live in Essex, quite near to the bridge, I have been to Bluewater once and thoroughly enjoyed it, I am due another visit, hope you and the scarfed handbag are not alone tomorrow and hats off to you for arranging the meet up. wink xx

Charleygirl Tue 04-Jun-13 11:41:59

Sparkledeb- I hate to tell you but tomorrow is a Wednesday!

DottyB Tue 04-Jun-13 11:58:46

Hello Nanapug - I am new to Gransnet and have literally just signed up. I need to go to John Lewis in Bluewater to look at a new oven and would love to meet you for a coffee, if you are still going smile

grannyactivist Tue 04-Jun-13 12:27:49

DottyB welcome to Gransnet. flowers
I think it might be helpful if you send a Private Message to Nanapug to let her know you plan to meet up if possible, that way she'll get it straight into her inbox. smile

DottyB Tue 04-Jun-13 12:34:14

Done. Thank you for the advice grannyactivist. While I'm at it I'm looking to put a post on about seeking a gig buddy to go to gigs etc occasionally. Where is best place to put this, in the nicest possible way smile

sparkledeb Tue 04-Jun-13 12:47:36

I guess that's what we call 'A Senior moment' charleygirl [sas]

nanapug Tue 04-Jun-13 13:56:23

That is exciting DottyB, I won't be alone with my coffee. Any chance you will be able to make it too sparkledeb as it is a Wednesday ;) I do hope so x

sparkledeb Wed 05-Jun-13 07:14:46

lol, well. I would have if I didn't get confused with my days, was so sure the meet was on Thursday for some reason (lot on my mind at the mo.with a possible permanent move to Kent!) So hopefully next time, I have a friend round for coffee at 10am, good luck, hope all goes well, keep us informed x

nanapug Wed 05-Jun-13 09:54:32

I hope so too sparkledeb, am off in a minute to see who turns up. Will report back this evening and possibly arrange another one and try to fit in with every one who has expressed an interest.

nanapug Wed 05-Jun-13 17:54:36

Well, although there was only three of us it was a great meet up. There was DottyB, Sweetpea2 and myself, and we certainly sorted the world out!! It was a shame that duty called, as I think we would have stayed for lunch too, as we seemed to have so much to chat about.
I will certainly sort another meet up in the next couple of days, and hopefully those of you who wanted to come, but were unable to for various reasons, will be able to join us; so watch this space....

whenim64 Wed 05-Jun-13 18:49:19

I'm so glad it went well nanapug smile

nanapug Wed 05-Jun-13 19:43:55

Thank you whenim64 x

seasider Thu 06-Jun-13 00:00:34

Glad you had a good time smile

DottyB Thu 06-Jun-13 09:52:03

Good morning. Yes, it was a thoroughly enjoyable get-together and so nice to meet two lovely ladies over a coffee. Also lovely to meet nanapug's DDs and DGD, too. Nanapug's eldest DD makes these amazing real nappies and now I'm trying to find someone to buy one for!! I agree with nanapug, the chat flowed exceedingly well. Sweetpea2 and I left via Waterstones and it was good to have her support stopping me spending another fortune on books (my weakness along with plants). Hope you found your book sweetpea2 smile.

Sweetpea2 Fri 07-Jun-13 11:47:21

Hello DottyB Yes it was lovely spending a coffee morning brew with you and Nanapug, where did that time go!!
Thank you, I did find the book i wanted grin Hope John Lewis had the cooker you wanted? Take care and have a good weekend...