Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Next North-West meet-up in May?

(96 Posts)
whenim64 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:33:11

I've posted this on the local Manchester forum, too. Does anyone want to suggest a venue that is better for them? We have met centrally, around the vicinity of the M60 in Denton and the Trafford Centre, for previous meet-ups. Who wants to meet up in May? All welcome! smile

whenim64 Fri 26-Apr-13 16:32:21

Bump!

Nelliemoser Fri 26-Apr-13 16:53:22

Me please! I think for the benefit of those traveling from different directions somewhere just off the M60 is a good idea.
A different venue with another menu would be a nice change but it really does need to be accessible for the majority.

seasider Sat 27-Apr-13 00:23:12

Hi when. It depends when and where but would love to come smile

whenim64 Sun 28-Apr-13 11:18:28

So far, we have Gransnetters from south of Greater Manchester and across to Blackpool, so it would help if you could indicate what would be ok for you in terms of travelling distance and possible location, otherwise we'll find ourselves meeting somewhere near the M60 again. Most of us are prepared to travel 20 or 30 miles, and some will do a 50 mile trip.

How about some suggestions? Gransnetters have asked if we could meet nearer where they live, and we could rotate around the North-West. Over to you! smile

whenim64 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:09:53

Bump! smile

annodomini Sun 28-Apr-13 20:19:37

Yes me too, when. I will be away between the 9th and the 16th. Rotating is a good idea. I would prefer a 30 mile limit, but could do 50.

whenim64 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:29:07

Perhaps we could aim for when you get back anno.

GinnyTonic Sun 28-Apr-13 21:21:11

Hi from Bolton. I'd be delighted to join you - motorway access from here is great so no issues on distance.

whenim64 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:29:30

Great Ginny. We'll get it firmed up and keep you updated. Looking forward to meeting you smile

Sewsilver Sun 28-Apr-13 23:51:52

Yes please to a meet up. Maybe if it's a bit further away we could share cars?

whenim64 Sun 28-Apr-13 23:54:33

Good to hear from you Sewsilver. Yes, good idea! smile

Iam64 Mon 29-Apr-13 07:18:25

Hi Ginny Tonic, I'm in Bolton as well. I'd noticed wheni'm64 was in manchester, similar names eh? I've recently joined, and am away for the middle two weeks of May but would like to join a get together. I'm happy to drive to a venue that's accessible to others -

GinnyTonic Mon 29-Apr-13 08:11:04

Hi whenim64. I only stumbled across Gransnet a couple of months ago & am now the Bolton editor. Even if you cant make it to this meetup, perhaps we can drum up some support for a Bolton meetup - how does Tavern on the Hill sound? Lots of car parking, variety of food & plenty of space( if we book/get there early). Unfortunately, I can't arrange anything just at the moment - OH had a quadruple heart bypass on Friday - fortunately he is doing very well.
By the way, I'm hoping that no matter where they live, Gransnetters will join in the Bolton forums - Stereotypes seems to provoked some interest. I've also opened a discussion where everyone can offer suggestions for improving the Bolton site.
Have you seen the local site on Facebook & GNBolton on Twitter?

annodomini Mon 29-Apr-13 09:06:27

Best of luck to your husband, Ginny. It's not too far to Bolton from North East Cheshire - just a run round the motorway, so I hope to meet you sometime in the near future. smile

whenim64 Mon 29-Apr-13 09:29:45

Hi Ginny Bolton isn't too far from me - I live near the airport/M56 and can get into Bolton in half an hour, so will hopefully get to meet you soon.

Iam64 yes, that's quite a coincidence. I hope you can join pur next get-together.

I don't know the Tavern on the Hill - must Google it smile

whenim64 Mon 29-Apr-13 09:33:10

Turns out I do know the Tavern on the Hill. Recognise it as a place I visited wth colleagues when I worked in Atherton, Wigan. It's very near the M61, good parking, easy to find and the food is ok, too.

Grammar Mon 29-Apr-13 11:59:00

Hi whenim64 and Ginny Tonic. I would like to join you for a NW meet up in May if possible. I'm struggling to get very much support for a Chester meet in May working on the local forum, but didn't want to get into a tangle by advertising on both local and national forums (partly because I use a different name on the local forum - Ginny Tonic will understand why). I hope I'll be able to do both meets, but it would be good to meet up again anyway. I would be willing to travel to Bolton if that's the preferred venue.

Maniac Mon 29-Apr-13 16:30:59

I'd like to meet again soon.As I'll be combining with visit to my DD in Macclesfield I'd like it to be easily accessible from there.Last time anno very kindly gave me a lift to Trafford centre .It did seem quite a tricky drive due to roadworks- especially coming back in the dark

GinnyTonic Mon 29-Apr-13 21:15:08

Oops seems i've been getting confused on names, apologies to iam64 & whenim64 . Don't want to hijack the main NW meetup , but be delighted to meet at the Tavern , whether or not this is a separate meeting. Anyone apart from whenin64, iam64 & Grammar interested in meeting at the Tavern in Bolton in last week in May? I could do 24-30 , apart from 28th.

Grammar Tue 30-Apr-13 08:34:04

I could do any of those apart from 28 and 30 May.

whenim64 Tue 30-Apr-13 09:01:36

Looks like we're gathering in numbers for a good meet-up at the end of May smile

hummingbird Sun 05-May-13 16:54:50

Hi When, I'd love to come to the next meet-up, but it will depend on the date. (We're looking after our grandchildren - some of the time up here, and sometimes down in Buckinghamshire - for a few weeks, so I'll come if I can.)

seasider Sun 05-May-13 20:45:52

Hi when is the meet up now going to link with the Bolton meet up?any ideas for a date yet.?

whenim64 Sun 05-May-13 21:06:57

Hi everyone. Have been waiting for more suggestions, but if no objections we could go with the Bolton venue, Tavern on the Hill, which is very near the M61 and easier for those Gransnetters who live north and west of Manchester. It's less than half an hour from my house, which is near Manchester airport. We could choose a venue further south or east of Manchester next time.

Could we confirm this is ok and agree a date? How about either Wednesday 29 May, Thursday 31 May or Friday 1 June, all of which seem to be free for most people?