Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Bluewater meet up anyone?

(33 Posts)
nanapug Thu 24-Jan-13 18:19:36

Have just seen a seven page thread about people meeting up, and it was very befuddling, as it was many people talking about meets all over the country; so I thought I would start a separate one for any one who could get to Bluewater. I am happy to organise something if people would like to come along. What do you think?

MiceElf Thu 24-Jan-13 18:37:10

It's possible...

tanith Thu 24-Jan-13 18:43:29

Bit too far for me .. 2hrs on buses and trains..

Sweetpea2 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:55:26

What a great idea! smile

petallus Thu 31-Jan-13 22:06:38

I can get to bluewater fairly easily on the train.

numberplease Thu 31-Jan-13 23:31:58

Pardon my ignorance, I`ve led a sheltered life, but where`s Bluewater?

nanapug Fri 01-Feb-13 12:49:40

You are by no means ignorant number!! Bluewater is a long way from you so you would not be expected to know where it is. It is on the Kent/Essex border. It used to be the largest shopping centre in the UK but I don't think it is any more.
Was hoping there would be more people than that in the SE who could make it. Will give this thread a few more days to catch some other people and then I will start to organise something if that is ok with every one?

nanapug Mon 04-Feb-13 11:18:00

Come on Kent and Essex people, let's have this meet up. There must be more of you than this out there......

Learnergran Mon 04-Feb-13 11:23:46

I'll be staying nearby with DD for a few days in March so will keep an eye in this thread, just in case - cannot understand why you haven't been deluged with responses from SE grans, nanapug, everyone goes to Bluewater!!

nanapug Mon 04-Feb-13 11:48:01

That's exactly what I thought Learner. Thanks for commenting x

nanapug Wed 06-Feb-13 10:27:22

This is depressing, come on you Kent and Essex peoples!! The North West are having a get together and there are masses going. We need to be careful or we will prove people right about unfriendly Southerners ;)
Sweetpea2 and petallus do you know of any more Kent/Essex people on here?

whenim64 Wed 06-Feb-13 10:32:04

I think we have about 6 or 7 so far, so not yet masses nanapug grin

Looking forward to seeing how your meet-up goes, and don't forget the photos! smile

nanos8 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:48:00

Would love to have come to this meet at Bluewater.
Did it happen and if it did was it good?
We left for a holiday on the 6th March and I didn't pop in much before.

nanapug Fri 26-Apr-13 11:53:10

No nanos8 there was not a meet up as I didn't think there was enough support for it, but Sweetpea2 has kindly been in touch and shown an interest again so I am revisiting the idea so will definitely be sorting it. Watch this space ;)

Eloethan Fri 26-Apr-13 16:04:14

Would be nice but too awkward for me to get to as I don't drive.

nanapug Fri 26-Apr-13 18:12:54

Where abouts are you Eloethan? May be there is someone who could give you a lift. The more the merrier x

MiceElf Fri 26-Apr-13 18:20:47

If anyone can get to Woolwich in the badlands of SE London there is a bus which goes to Bluewater. With the Freedom Pass!

Lindylooby Mon 13-May-13 21:10:42

I have just lost my husband, live in Gravesend and would love a meetup atBluewater if it is going ahead?

nanapug Tue 14-May-13 20:46:53

That has decided me Lindylooby. As far as I am concerned GN is all about support and friendship, so I will sort a date in the next couple of days and post on here. Looking forward to meeting you xx

nanapug Wed 15-May-13 17:26:08

Right ladies, how about Wednesday 5th June for a Bluewater meet up? There is quite a quiet Costa at the back of Waterstones, so shall we meet in there at 11am? Any ideas on how we could identify the GN table? I will get there in plenty of time and try to bag a couple of tables, but if you are thinking of coming could you please say so I know roughly how many tables to bag!! Also does any one know if there another way we can advertise this on here to make sure lots of people see it? All suggestions welcomed xx

NannaAnna Wed 15-May-13 23:01:25

nanapug Essex has a couple of GNLocal areas with editors in place. Might be worth contacting them and seeing if you can combine efforts?
Thurrock and Colchester are the 2 that are active.
I used to pop over to Bluewater occasionally when I lived in Mid-Sussex, but am an extra 20 miles away now (and work on a Wednesday anyway).
Hope you get a decent response smile

Lindylooby Tue 21-May-13 11:20:03

will be there 5th June, meet up or not, but will have 3 year old grandson in tow; hope that is ok?
Look forward to seeing anyone there, how will we identify ourselves?
Lynne x

nanapug Tue 21-May-13 15:25:30

Looking forward to meeting you Lindy x

Pittcity Tue 21-May-13 18:04:44

I am the GN Colchester editor and will link this thread to my forum.
I cannot make that date, sorry.
I am afraid that most North Essex people go to Westfield Stratford now and use Lakeside and Bluewater less. hmm

fluffy Tue 21-May-13 18:32:47

Hi I might be able to get to blue water 5 th June - I don't drive either but might be able to get a friend to bring me - will watch space to see if definitely happening/ time/ whereabouts etc x