Gransnet forums

Health

Mystery sharp sting when clench to prevent wee leak!

(6 Posts)
Topsy1 Wed 13-Mar-24 20:45:00

New to Gransnet, anyone ever experienced this thing? After having a UTI in December I have been getting a short stinging feeling whenever I clench my weeing muscles (a sneeze, a cough, or just cos my bladder is full). It only happens half a dozen times a day. I am going to the Urologist about it but wondered if anyone has this too. Thanks

Whiff Wed 13-Mar-24 20:56:39

Tospy no but glad you are seeing n urologist. Be prepared for having an internal.. I had 16 courses of antibiotics for UTIs and kidney infections. Over a 5 month period. Had ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder everything was fine he reckoned I had a bad infection which took a long time to go. Only 2 antibiotics work on me and have to have 7 day course of antibiotics if I have one. Plus dip test doesn't show I have an infection only blood tests do.

Topsy1 Thu 14-Mar-24 11:05:05

Thanks for that, Whiff. Yes I will have scan of the kidneys and cystoscope next week. Hope your persistent uti cleared up ok.

Caleo Thu 14-Mar-24 11:12:53

Welcome Topsy!Gransnet is great for exchanging information. Patients are not as well informed as medics but we can help each other.

dogsmother Thu 14-Mar-24 11:54:01

Good luck with cystoscope they are not as bad as they sound. I’ve had some ( all sorted now) it’s actually quite interesting to see things.

crazyH Thu 14-Mar-24 12:05:55

I once had severe kidney pain overnight - it was awful - I live alone and didn’t want to bother anyone. Went to the hospital in the morning - they couldn’t find anything untoward, not even kidney stones. They concluded that I had passed the stones naturally. No problems since then, thank Heaven.
Hope you’re feeling better this morning .